Sending MMS messages

VZWMAXX

Reaction score
I posted this in the razr tech support forums but this looks like a better place to have it anyways. Hi all I am having a problem here. I have tried with the original text message, and handcent I can't seem to send messages. With both 4G and wifi I can't really figure this out it just won't send. I tried rebooting numerous times, and nothing. Any help would be great! Thanks guys !:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How are you trying to send them?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I also deleted your duplicate post... :)

OP
V

VZWMAXX

Reaction score
How are you trying to send them?

Well what I was doing was going to the picture sharing it and doing it like that. I would click on the pic share to handcent sms, and it still wouldn't send. I even tried with the stock text messenger, and still nothing. Should I try with 3G since I tried with 4G and wifi.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Reboot your device and try again.

Make sure in settings, data manager, you don't have data saver marked on anything by accident.

OP
V

VZWMAXX

Reaction score
Reboot your device and try again.

Make sure in settings, data manager, you don't have data saver marked on anything by accident.

Yeah I did it and still something is their a way I could possibly like hard reboot my phone but not lose like everything? I am going to try again but please let me know.

spaceman

Reaction score
Sometimes my MMS messages won't go through on 4g for some reason. They will work on 3g though. So when I have any problem I just send them over 3g. Hope this helps

metalhead

Reaction score
Well what I was doing was going to the picture sharing it and doing it like that. I would click on the pic share to handcent sms, and it still wouldn't send. I even tried with the stock text messenger, and still nothing. Should I try with 3G since I tried with 4G and wifi.
I don't use Handcent so can't help there, but with the stock app try menu> insert> existing picture> gallery.
I personally hated the stock gallery app and discovered QuickPic which I find much easier to sort/view pictures. Once you find the picture simply tap and it will attach to your text. With stock app too, I had trouble trying to sent more than one picture in a slideshow captured by the Maxx's camera. Would always get a message of image size too large. Searched the market and found Reduce Photo Size. It allows you to reduce the resolution with only a couple taps to be able to then attach to the text. It is handy for emails too.
I use GoSmsPro and the app automatically resizes pictures which is nice.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I posted this in the razr tech support forums but this looks like a better place to have it anyways. Hi all I am having a problem here. I have tried with the original text message, and handcent I can't seem to send messages. With both 4G and wifi I can't really figure this out it just won't send. I tried rebooting numerous times, and nothing. Any help would be great! Thanks guys !:biggrin:

Should I try with 3G since I tried with 4G and wifi.

WiFi has no effect on the ability to send or receive MMS messages. A cellular data connection is required. As others have mentioned, double check your data saving settings and verify that cellular data is enabled. If you see 3G or 4G displayed on your phone, you should be good to go.

FWIW, sending MMS messages are hit or miss for me. Most of the time they go through no problem, but there are times when it takes a few attempts to get it to send. I'm fairly confident that this is a Verizon issue because it's happened on every Verizon phone that my wife and I have owned over the past decade, and never happened once with the iPhone on AT&T.

OP
V

VZWMAXX

Reaction score
I just messed with some of my handcent settings and susdenly it sent lol. Thanks for all your help guys!

windstrings

Reaction score
I figured it out... After reinstalling handcent.... Too bad I have to reconfigure handcent.

In handcent go to settings...application settings......default messaging application..... Then pick at the bottom "use for all SMS & mms"
Now it works!

I'm curious to know if it would have worked without reinstalling.... Seems like I remember that setting was on "disable" not sure how it got set to that!

Redalert

Reaction score
I figured it out... After reinstalling handcent.... Too bad I have to reconfigure handcent.

In handcent go to settings...application settings......default messaging application..... Then pick at the bottom "use for all SMS & mms"
Now it works!

I'm curious to know if it would have worked without reinstalling.... Seems like I remember that setting was on "disable" not sure how it got set to that!

Yea weird. Not related to this post. But I had the setting enabled on my droid2 back in the day. But had a problem with keyboard not responding at all with the app and had to reinstall every 3 months. The 3rd month it would act up and not respond and had to reinstall. After a while a update came out and i was good to go...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

windstrings

Reaction score
I think handcents settings change. A similar thing happened when people couldn't figure out how the auto tilt landscape mode quit working, it was handcent had a setting that if ticked changed things for the whole phone globally.

Now it gives a warning.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now it works!

That didn't work on my Rezound. I just used the stock app for a while for mms but finally went with Chomp for everything. I never did get Handcent to be able to send or receive mms before ics or after.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

windstrings

Reaction score
I think before handcent came out with this setting that overrode other settings, it was necessary to have "in your default messaging app" ticks set for auto receive enabled even though the notifications in that default app was turned off before handcent would then take the handshake to finalize the mms, now that's not necessarily.

I'm not sure but I suspect that by allowing handcent to totally be default for all SMS and mms its basically as if the default app was uninstalled or invisible. It simply gets bypassed rather than having to act as primary client to pass off to handcent.

Alan...
Sent with Tapatalk 2