Sending mail

kramer56

Reaction score
Ok I been having problems with email yahoo, on my phone. Now I can receive mail but I can't send it at all. Keeps saying the server can't connect. If I go to the yahoo maul page it works, but I want it to work from the mail widget on my homepages of the phone, anyhelp?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

david14807

Reaction score
Ok I been having problems with email yahoo, on my phone. Now I can receive mail but I can't send it at all. Keeps saying the server can't connect. If I go to the yahoo maul page it works, but I want it to work from the mail widget on my homepages of the phone, anyhelp?

this is for the MOTO DROID but will also work on the DInc.

[video=youtube;Qq0WrfZmG1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0WrfZmG1I[/video]

Last edited:
OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
still didnt work for the sending mail. it says in set up that it cannot connect to server, yes wifi is off.

david14807

Reaction score
Due to changing ROMs a lot I have to set up my Yahoo email account a lot. Delete the account and start from scratch, following the video step for step.

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
lol ok i deleted the account and now it wont sign back in. cant even get back thru the imap part. keeps saying authentication failed username/password dont match. WTH!!!!!!!!!!!

warning authentication failed.
please verify your username/password.

Last edited:
OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
ok yesterday morning I got it to work just fine but now last night and this morning it keeps saying login failed when i check my email thru the widget on the phone. If i go to the yahoo page it works just fine. any suggestions, virus maybe? how can I check it