Sending it back!

Qball32

Reaction score
My wife and I got 2 DROID x2's for 169.99 (bogo). The phones were delivered Monday. Its Friday and they're both going back! Looks like it will cost me $70. Guess I'll consider it 'tuition' for being schooled to never buy a phone without going to the store to see it first.

Music (both streaming and local files) pops, skips, and pauses randomly. Podcasts start over at random (streaming or downloaded). Phones have been capable of playing music for a long time. Why the issues now?

The battery in my phone lasts 12 hours with very heavy usage. Hers lasts only a few hours with minimum usage.

These are our 2 biggest complaints. The unlock screen,keyboard, and app launching all lag at random.

She's a VZW employee and we've had several android phones. She's had all kinds if test devices. We both agree this phone is bad. I reactivated my original X this morning.......it seems faster!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know a ton of people have returned their X2's for Incredible 2's.

Sorry to hear you had to do that. You might look at installing a custom ROM on your X.

MIUI

amg3467

Reaction score
did you make sure the software was up to date because i had similar issues with mine until i updated to gb a couple of days ago, now the phone is a beast

OP
Q

Qball32

Reaction score
I did. Received the OTA gingerbread in the first 24 hours of ownership. Even did 2 system restores after that.

While the phone seemed a little more responsive all of the audio problems remained. Nothing improved with her battery life either.

amg3467

Reaction score
thats really depressing because it is the best phone ive ever used and it suck to see someone having a problem with it

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
I did. Received the OTA gingerbread in the first 24 hours of ownership. Even did 2 system restores after that.

While the phone seemed a little more responsive all of the audio problems remained. Nothing improved with her battery life either.

Quoting for truth. The skipping is just ridiculous. And yes, I've tried every trick in the book before someone says I should root and supercharge and all that crap.

Also, I have a new issue... flickering screen when on auto brightness. It's like the phone can't decide how bright out it is.

On the upside, GB did fix a Bluetooth connection headache I was having with a Blackberry Stereo Gateway. Something about the 2.3.x Bluetooth stack works differently from the Froyo and previous, but now the phone will connect to the device every single time. Before it was a real PITA, and I had to connect manually every time I entered the car.

Too bad I will have to ditch the X2 because the rest of the audio problems remain.

LordRalh3

Reaction score
That is a shame, all of my stock issues went away after switching to Affinity and running all the tweaks, i think you should give it one more try with and sbf root it, double wipe the data and cache, and try Affinity, the only issue I have is it tells me my battery is at 5% after like 6 hours but it won't shut off for many many hours after of heavy use

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Q

Qball32

Reaction score
That (in my opinion) is a long way to go to make a nearly $500 (retail) device work like it should. It didn't work properly on day 1. It still didn't work properly after gingerbread. I shouldn't have to root, sbf, or modify my phone just to get it to work like it's supposed to.

braveone772

Reaction score
I hear you on the pauses...had the same issue til the GB release.

I'm still too terrified to attempt rooting...it's more complicated than it used to be with the OG Droid...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

slacka

Reaction score
+1

Returned my defective DX2 for an DINC2. My co-worker and I got the DX2 on the POGO deal -both had the audio playback issues. Moto really screwed the pooch on this one. The DX was one of their best selling phones. Looks like they cut corners to make the DX2 cost less to produce (while retaining the MSRP of course) and now everyone is flocking to the DINC2 because of poor performance on a great number of these shipped devices. Pity.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Did the opposite - Had a Dinc 2 and just switched to an X2. Loved the Dinc but the signal strength was abysmal. Much worse the the Dinc 1 or even an old flip Motorola. However - not liking the X2. Haven't noticed the music skipping and have used that for a couple hour stretch but have frequent screen freezes and just now had to reboot to get the Market to open.
Am using Launcher Pro - maybe that has something to do with it, but just don't like the Motorola interface and yearn to get back to the new sense - just that damn signal strength - can't even make a call from my home (which Verizon says is a strong area).