Sending GIFs via text with S4

Shaffe

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. First post here, mostly spend my time on car forums. I got a Galaxy S4 from ATT a few months ago. I love this phone, love everything about it except I now have one little problem, I can rarely ever send GIFs that I have saved/downloaded from websites through text messages. certain GIFs I can send, but most of them I can't and I can not figure out why. I usually get a message that says "File size to large" so I tried using a different messaging app, but if my friends get the file its just a picture and not the GIF file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I can't seem to get them to work either. I can only think that messaging apps don't support gifs.

OP
S

Shaffe

Reaction score
I can't seem to get them to work either. I can only think that messaging apps don't support gifs.

The thing that bugs me most is I can only send certain gifs, and I can receive them. A running joke with my softball team is to see who sends the best gif in the group text and I'm lacking haha

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm then I guess I was wrong about gif support. Never really sent gifs and I tried to send one i made with the camera but that didn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta