Sending emails and texts using the s-pen in non-stock apps?

mikaselm

Reaction score
So my note 2 is coming on Tuesday, and I've been watching videos about all the little tricks and tips for the phone, and there's one thing that I'm curious about. I could have sworn that somewhere I saw a video of someone sending an email by writing on top of a screen which had a grey, almost watermark looking template. There was a place to write the addressee, a place for subject, and a space for the body, all on one screen, and the video showed the person writing on all three fields one after another with no tapping to switch between. Now taht I'm trying to find it again, I cannot find the video... does anyone know if this is a built in app, or something that was downloaded?

Also, is it possible to use the spen gestures to send an email or a text using a non-stock app, such as gosms?

Hope that description's clear enough. Thanks all!!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
For what it is worth I use Gmail but also use "Graffitti" which is a clone of the Palm Graffitti writing system. I go back to the original Palm Pilot for my PDA and have found that so much easier than using an on screen keyboard to enter stuff.

But the only way that I can enter stuff in Gmail other than that is to activate my on screen keyboard and hunt and peck with the S Pen. Not good in my opinion. So I would say that the only way you can do what you are asking is with something like what bkdodger has shown above.

OP
M

mikaselm

Reaction score
I found it!! This is the video that I meant, [video=youtube;yr2g_aJQzQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2g_aJQzQk[/video] although it's a little different than I remembered, lol. Basically, at about 7:25, the video shows someone writing on the screen @contactname then writing in teh body of the email. Which then pops up her email app, and fills in the relevant fields. Does it work the same way for a text message? If you have something other than the default email client or default sms client (yuck) does it still work?? THANK YOU SO MUCH anyone who knows!!!