send text

hajrb

Reaction score
I used to dictate text into colornote and email it to my self for editing instead of typing from scratch at home. Now those files never leave the outbox. I put an empty text file into dropbox and paste the text. It shows fully there, but on my computer, it's randomly edited to a smaller amount of words. I've downloaded programs to convert to pdf and that doesn't work
Why are there limitations on what I can send and why did it change?
All I'm trying to do is email some text

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Which phone are you using and are you using the stock keyboard app?

Most keyboards these days have a microphone icon that you can tap to dictate for speech-to-text in any text box where you can type.

If it were me trying to do what you're saying you want to do, I would simply dictate using that function of my keyboard directly into the email to myself.

When you say that they're just sitting in the outbox, you mean the outbox of your email app, right? Not an outbox in colornote (sorry, not familiar with colornote. I've heard of it, but don't know anything other than it's a note-taking app)

OP
H

hajrb

Reaction score
Which phone are you using and are you using the stock keyboard app?

Most keyboards these days have a microphone icon that you can tap to dictate for speech-to-text in any text box where you can type.

If it were me trying to do what you're saying you want to do, I would simply dictate using that function of my keyboard directly into the email to myself.

When you say that they're just sitting in the outbox, you mean the outbox of your email app, right? Not an outbox in colornote (sorry, not familiar with colornote. I've heard of it, but don't know anything other than it's a note-taking app)

Thanks for getting back. I don’t see your reply on the board so I don’t even know if this will get to you. I’m going to post this there too.

Verizon Galaxy S3. I guess I’m using the stock keyboard app, I haven’t downloaded anything else that wants for some reason to know everything I do and everyone I know.

Colornote is just a text app that you can either type into or speak into. Then you can ‘send’ by any of the available options; email Bluetooth, Dropbox, LAN, (which does nothing). It’s an otherwise easy way to save notes and ideas and, previously, send them.

In the Outbox of my Verizon email, the indicator spins for a while and says “sending message”, stops and changes to “send outgoing messages” with the email still there. Click it again, same thing.

I don’t think it’s a size thing, I can put a picture in Dropbox and it shows on my computer; it has to be bigger than a text file.

It never occurred to me to do this particular job using the email app. I just tried it with a bunch of text and the same thing happens, so it doesn’t look like it’s the Colornote app. I have unlimited everything with Verizon and should be able to send emails to myself.

I can send an empty email no problem, and I just sent one with two large pictures attached and almost an hour later, it’s still churning away.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. Pictures will be bigger than text for sure.

That's strange that you can send an empty email, but not one with text. Is this Gmail?

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
H

hajrb

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back. I don’t see your reply on the board so I don’t even know if this will get to you. I’m going to post this there too.

Verizon Galaxy S3. I guess I’m using the stock keyboard app, I haven’t downloaded anything else that wants for some reason to know everything I do and everyone I know.

Colornote is just a text app that you can either type into or speak into. Then you can ‘send’ by any of the available options; email Bluetooth, Dropbox, LAN, (which does nothing). It’s an otherwise easy way to save notes and ideas and, previously, send them.

In the Outbox of my Verizon email, the indicator spins for a while and says “sending message”, stops and changes to “send outgoing messages” with the email still there. Click it again, same thing.

I don’t think it’s a size thing, I can put a picture in Dropbox and it shows on my computer; it has to be bigger than a text file.

It never occurred to me to do this particular job using the email app. I just tried it with a bunch of text and the same thing happens, so it doesn’t look like it’s the Colornote app. I have unlimited everything with Verizon and should be able to send emails to myself.

I can send an empty email no problem, and I just sent one with two large pictures attached and almost an hour later, it’s still churning away.

OP
H

hajrb

Reaction score
I used my Verizon account. This time I used GMail and the same thing happened; it filtered out most of the text leaving useless gibberish.