1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Send In Your Animations!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mammlouk, Jun 22, 2010.

1. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Hey guys,

I haven't had alot of submissions to droidboots.com lately and have been unable to visit the forums as often as I used to. I just browsed some threads and saw plenty of excellent boot animations that are hosted on random file share services, etc.

I am going to dedicate an evening to adding new animations and maybe doing some site upgrades next week. This is a call for submissions! You can either use the submit form directly from the site or send them to me at droidboots{at}gmail{dot}com. I have had some issues with uploads larger than 10MB from the submission form, so if it is a hefty file please email it directly or email me with a hosted link (dropbox/mediafire/megaupload/whatever) so that I can download it. As always, preview images are greatly appreciated (preferably animated gif.)

For anyone who doesn't know, my purpose is purely to help provide a central location where the community can browse and download boot animations. I don't push any ads and you won't find a donate button. I WILL NOT give my approval of your animations being used in market apps (wallpaper, etc) paid or free without your consent. The few times I have been contacted I have directed inquiries to the author.

If you've never been to the site swing by and browse the animations! Ignore the post on the landing page as I really need to either update it or just push visitors straight to the animations page. :)

Thanks for helping make droidboots a great resource for everyone!
    -Jeremy

P.S. - Please don't submit an animation unless you either are the creator, have contacted the creator for approval, or can provide me the contact information of the creator to obtain approval. Even if it is just a username and forum address I can work with it. I really want to respect the rights of content creators and I understand that not everyone will want their work hosted on my website. I am also working on a solution for linking to external downloads for people who are hosting form their own webspace so please don't let that deter you!
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

I made the "red rage" boot animation blue.. Wish I could find some info on Hammo, but the only info I found was at the old alldroid. Otherwise, i'd post it up. Anybody know his email or anything?