Send Commands To Your PC By Linking Your Phone To Google

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A new update to the Google App allows you to connect your PC to your Android Phone so that you can send commands to it. Once your phone is linked you will be able to do things like send directions to your phone, find your phone, send a note to your phone, set an alarm, or set a reminder. To initiate the command do a search from google such as "find my phone" and it will find your phone an present you with a map showing the location of your phone. There is a specific search for each command. Enabling this is pretty simple. Just update your Google app from the play store, turn on Google Now on your Phone, turn on Web and app activity, sign into your browser, and then just send information to your phone. Head to the link below for full detailed instructions.

via Google

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is getting real good! I already use chrome to phone and hangouts on screen, but this is even better!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glad to see they're providing functionality without having to have Chrome to phone installed and setup. While I used it on occasion, I'm much more likely to do so if all I have to do is a quick Google "search".

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Aside from finding the phone, (Which has been around for years) I don't see a whole lot of functionality here. 9 times out of 10 my phone is sitting right next to me while I'm on my pc, whether at work or home. It's easier to just pick up my phone and set an alarm, enter directions or set a reminder. Seems redundant IMO.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Aside from finding the phone, (Which has been around for years) I don't see a whole lot of functionality here. 9 times out of 10 my phone is sitting right next to me while I'm on my pc, whether at work or home. It's easier to just pick up my phone and set an alarm, enter directions or set a reminder. Seems redundant IMO.

S5 tap'n
I get what you're saying, but I have to respectfully disagree. It's more professionally acceptable for someone to walk by my office and see me working on the computer (sending notes to my phone) than to see me hunched over my phone, where chances are, I'm not doing anything work related at all.

Will I use it every day? No. Not even every week, but the more of these little things they set up for us to be able to do without having to install extra software is a step in a great direction to me.

Just my two cents. Of course, since I'm the IT guy, it's a bit more acceptable for me to be on a computerized device that's not actually a traditional computer than many other staff members, so I'm likely just overthinking.