Semi-Endless Boot Loop

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Fuglly, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Fuglly

Fuglly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this isn't a huuuge problem but at the same time when im goofing around with my droid and always applying hacks and mods to it, it can be bothersome...

after flashing to sholes 1.1 my droid is in a somewhat of an endless boot loop. I get a few brief seconds after my custom boot animation ends to enter in my security code. But it is not alot, after that it goes back into the boot animation for a little bit, then another few brief seconds in which i usually am able to unlock my phone.. if i don't enter my code then, i believe it would just keep repeating this process. unfortunaetly it also does this every once and a while while i turn on my phone from just being locked. any ideas?

edit-when plugged into computer it forces my droid into the boot loop with the time interval in which im allowed to enter my code greatly decreased to the point where i can not enter my code.

2nd edit- Now it also seems whenever i get a new email and the notification goes off, i am also launched into this repeating boot... time to try reverting to 1.0.1 RESULT: didnt work.. back to non sholes for me

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. Fuglly

Fuglly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *bump*

10 chars

3. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would do a clean wipe, go back to stock 2.0.1, and install sholes again. When you first installed the Sholes ROM, did you install it on top of something or wipe everything first? Also, the Sholes team has released version 1.2 in case you want to use the most recent version this time.

4. authority11

authority11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this exact same problem when trying to use an update.zip to install the bugles beauty rom.

I fixed it by doing a complete wipe and using a nandroid restore file to install instead. This should fix your problem.

5. Fuglly

Fuglly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so which steps should i switch out in the sholes instructions.. i dont want to take any chances of bricking a brand new droid so being specific is verrrrrrryy appreciated :)
    thanks for the help guys

Search tags for this page

droid bionic never ending bootloop