Selling Your Verizon Contract With Unlimited Data To Avoid ETFs

robbyoconnor

Reaction score
I have unlimited, a modded phone and I'm not under contract. Sounds like some people are doing it wrong.
I have not been under contract for a long time...

With Verizon ever tightening its grip on grandfathered unlimited data plan holders, especially those who love to mod their devices, there is no doubt a few of you who are ready to ditch Verizon and move on to greener pastures with a carrier like T-mobile. Your only issue is likely the fact that you will have to cover your ETF. There is actually a way to avoid the ETF altogether. You can use Verizon's AOL (Assumption Of Liability) policy to transfer your Unlimited Data plan to someone else. You could more than likely find someone here on Droidforums who would love to take this account off your hands, or you could make some money on Ebay by selling the account. The only drawback to this is that you will lose your phone number. However you may be able to keep it via a guide here. Before biting the bullet you should definitely research coverage on the carrier you plan to jump to. In my neck of the woods Verizon is still top dog, and other carriers are still lagging pretty far behind.