Selling VZW unlimited plan?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have. It was called Assumption of Liability and last I heard that loophole has been closed. Unless they sell the whole thing including phone #.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Version put the kibosh on that a good number of months ago. You can't inherit an unlimited plan since the moment the responsibility to pay is shifted to you, you're forced into a tiered pricing plan. The only thing you can retain is the phone numbers.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yeah people were making some serious cash off them.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Even if they sell the phone number from my recollection it still triggers a pricing plan change.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Even if they sell the phone number from my recollection it still triggers a pricing plan change.
I think that's true now. Any change is new data plan. Hence why I don't touch my minutes.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can change your minutes and text..just don't touch your data plan.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've changed my minute and text plan online without it affecting my UDP. (That was last year though, so VZW may have put the kibosh on this since then)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've changed my minute and text plan online without it affecting my UDP. (That was last year though, so VZW may have put the kibosh on this since then)

I tried it wanted a new data plan.
If you do the change over the phone with tech support, they can make the change to the minutes and the text without affecting your data plan. 800-922-0204

As long as your changes are options within the plan you have, there should be no requirement to change the plan. For instance, I'm on the old nationwide calling plan which is a family plan and has friends and family included. If I go below the minimum number of minutes per month, it kicks off the friends and family so I have to stay at 1400 minutes per month minimum but can go to 2000 if I want to and it doesn't affect the plan. If I go below 1400 minutes to the next lower pricing which is 700 minutes, I lose friends and family altogether and can't get it back.

If I try to go below 700 minutes, that triggers a pricing plan change.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You should have the 900 minute option with 5 friends and family. That's what I'm on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maybe it's 900 as you say, I'll double-check. Thanks for that. What may be the difference is that my F&F is 10 numbers. Perhaps there were various versions of this plan and you're on one and I'm on another?