Selling/Switching phones

clucernoni

Reaction score
So I was recently offered $350 for my droid, which he will pay be through money order. I have been interested in upgrading to the incredible just to try out a phone with no keyboard (the droid was my first smartphone) and well as the other goodies that come with it. Now if I decide to go through with the sale, what kind of things do I need to be sure to do? I am rooted and have a new theme, so I will simply follow one of the guides here to go back to stock 2.1. I have also heard of people doing something with the ESN? The incredible I would get would be from someone else as well, I assume I would just put the ESN into my verizon account to activate the phone, but I would need to get my droid off there first.

Also, are there any things I should be looking out for as far as scams when getting my incredible from ebay? I have never done something like this before, I normally just upgrade when my plan allows it.

Thanks for all the help as usual.

gatewayad

Reaction score
I would just say check out the sellers feedback on ebay before purchasing i have had great luck on ebay but usually only buy from sellers with 99% or better feedback and a lot of references, also dont send your phone off till the money order clears, lots of money order scams. I think you would be better off getting payment through paypal

OP
C

clucernoni

Reaction score
I would just say check out the sellers feedback on ebay before purchasing i have had great luck on ebay but usually only buy from sellers with 99% or better feedback and a lot of references, also dont send your phone off till the money order clears, lots of money order scams. I think you would be better off getting payment through paypal

My only hesitance with payPal is that I know that sometimes the user can pull the money back and file claims to try and get the money back even though they have received the item. I guess you just have to get all your proof in order with proof of delivery etc...i just thought maybe money order would be easier, but the more i read up the more i see they can pull the money back up to 10 days after you deposit the check, which seems much less secure if they can fake the money orders.

OP
C

clucernoni

Reaction score
What about the ESN? The buyer says the ESN was activated to clear it. What do I need to do with mine to make sure they can't get any of my info as well as make sure they can't put it back on my plan?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I used to work at a bank and you can stop payment on Money Orders. So there is no 100% way to guarantee your payment. I would suggest you use PayPal and make sure you get a signature for receipt of the Droid you are sending. PayPal will not automatically take the money back if the buyer complains. You will have a chance to prove your side which would include showing the receipt.

Just my suggestion.