1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Selling my Droid 1...

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by debacle, Aug 30, 2010.

1. debacle

debacle New Member

...and I want to get it back to near stock. I know to do a factory reset/wipe cache but I want to get it back to the newest rooted OTA version and then maybee throw a 800 MHz kernel on it. Selling it to someone from work, and he isnt the most savy when it comes to rooting and such. So I dont want to keep alot of the crap on it I have been playing with. So I have a couple of questions:

1.)Where can I get a good, clean version of FRG22 that is rooted? I found alot of them, but it appears most all have a market DL problem or something else. I basically want Verizons version rooted so I can OC
    2.)What OC kernels work with the new version? I am assuming Chevy's?
    3.)I want to delete all photos/music/DL files off of the SC card. Can I just do a format of it?

Again, I want to get this to as stock as possible of Froyo. Just OCed. Make it look like it just came out of the box. My DX arrives tomorrow, and I will probably hand the phone over Wednesday, so the sooner the better please.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

check out the links in my sig to go back to stock . then you can either manually update to 2.2 or see if the system will push it

also, why not let him root it? if something goes wrong with the phone, hes going to have NO IDEA where to even start.. and hell call you (well if youre ok with that, thenk disregard comment lol)
  3. debacle

debacle New Member

I have thought of just taking out root, and if for some reason he needs to take it to Verizon, they wont find out its rooted. I guess it all depends on how fast unrooted 2.2 is compared to when I rooted to go to 2.1 and OCed. I know they have the JIT compiler, but havent run it stock as of yet.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

MY suggestion is put him on stock 2.2 and then tell him if he wants to do anything to his phone, give him this site :)

then he can make new friends and we have one more user! yay
Search tags for this page

how to clean phone droid bionic before selling

how to clean up rooted phone before selling it

how to clear droid razr before sale

sold my droid x2, want to clean it out