Selling Droid - Already Factory reset - removed SD card

Ferg1945

Reaction score
What else do I need to do to make sure I don't have any headaches down the road?

Does removing the SD card remove all passwords and other data? I did the factory reset and I see it has just the factory apps. My main question is about the browser. I had a few set bookmarks... my bank site being one of them. Does that get wiped away with the factory reset? Also google searches... are those wiped away as well? Or do I need to set this back up to remove all that data?

Also.... which # on the back is the ESN#. I see 4 different numbers... MSN... MEID DEC and MEID HEX... plus a number without an identification.

Dave Lister

Reaction score
What else do I need to do to make sure I don't have any headaches down the road?

Does removing the SD card remove all passwords and other data? I did the factory reset and I see it has just the factory apps. My main question is about the browser. I had a few set bookmarks... my bank site being one of them. Does that get wiped away with the factory reset? Also google searches... are those wiped away as well? Or do I need to set this back up to remove all that data?

Also.... which # on the back is the ESN#. I see 4 different numbers... MSN... MEID DEC and MEID HEX... plus a number without an identification.

Passwords are not stored on the SD Card. If you're including the card in the sale, format it either in the phone or on your computer. Doing a factory reset removes all personal info from the phone.

The Droid does not have an ESN. Instead, it (and all non-LTE Verizon phones less than 3 to 4 years old) use MEIDs now, which serve the same purpose. Use the HEX one.

OP
Ferg1945

Ferg1945

Reaction score
Passwords are not stored on the SD Card. If you're including the card in the sale, format it either in the phone or on your computer. Doing a factory reset removes all personal info from the phone.

The Droid does not have an ESN. Instead, it (and all non-LTE Verizon phones less than 3 to 4 years old) use MEIDs now, which serve the same purpose. Use the HEX one.

Thank You.

I am not including the SD card with the phone. I just didnt know if all the passwords were included on it or not. Knowing the factory reset removes all personal data it great. I can sell it without worry now. dancedroid

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
Perform factory reset and check "Erase SD" then everything will be delete except pre-loaded apps and system.

After factory reset your stock web browser bookmark, history will be delete. Also search history will be delete nothing remain. Don't worry.