Selling a Fascinate

jlewis25

Reaction score
I'm going to throw my Fascinate on eBay after this Thursday rolls around. If you were going to buy one used (mind you this thing has not a scratch on it and easily passes for out of the box condition), would you prefer it completely restored to factory settings, or is it a better idea for me to keep it rooted with the Froyo ROM up and running? Do we feel like the Froyo will drive up the sales value?

bluevolume

Reaction score
I'm going to throw my Fascinate on eBay after this Thursday rolls around. If you were going to buy one used (mind you this thing has not a scratch on it and easily passes for out of the box condition), would you prefer it completely restored to factory settings, or is it a better idea for me to keep it rooted with the Froyo ROM up and running? Do we feel like the Froyo will drive up the sales value?

Unless you're planning on providing tech support to the buyer, I'd put it back to stock.

OP
J

jlewis25

Reaction score
It's a cute idea that I'm even capable of providing tech support to the customer, but it's not in the cards.

turdbogls

Reaction score

Unless you're planning on providing tech support to the buyer, I'd put it back to stock.

just put in the description that it is sold as is...they cannot come back to you. make sure you fully describe the functionality of the phone as it is. try to be as nice as possible if the guy comes back to you with a problem. sold my Droid to some guy, it was rooted on a custom ROM. the guy had a problem with it, and i helped him out. nothing bad happened.

Lostcase

Reaction score
I'm actually going to sell the two That I have. Both are in mint condition.... what will be your asking price? I'm thinking 150 each

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Most people won't know what you are talking about on Ebay when it comes to Froyo and ROMs. I would put it back to stock. If they are a technical person it should be easy for them to get Froyo back on it.

OP
J

jlewis25

Reaction score
Fascinates see selling for $300 our more on ebay so don't sell yourself short. Start biding at $199.99 and let it go nuts.

Reaction score
Just posted mine tuesday morning is running for 10days started bidding at .99 but put a reserve of 200 got 1 bid that morning for 200 so ill see how it turns out

Froyo would be a just desert