Seller claims he has a "Canadian Milestone", real deal?

c19932

Reaction score
So I got this seller saying he purchased his milestone from the official head motorola office in Ontario Toronto. The seller is a "phone noob" so he doesn't really know about 3G bands. When I asked him about it he thought GSM bands are used for 3G and he kept telling me the phone is a quadband phone and it supports 3G so it would work under any carrier :icon_ banana: But anyways is he telling the truth? I thought Milestone doesn't come out in Canada till next week; and if a phone isnt officially released in a country then the phone shouldn't be on sale at the official local motorola store. And IF he did purchase it from the official local motorola store, then the milestone HAS to be the canadian version, right?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know man....but I thought that GSM bands were what companies like ATT and T-Mobile used to support their 3G service? And Verizon uses CDMA...I might be wrong but that's what I thought GSM was...

Johnston212

Reaction score
He is right that GSM is used predominantly by AT&T and T-mobile, however the Motorola Milestone/Marathon that is used in europe uses a different 3G network that US, so you could get it and get everything but AT&T 3G to work. That's what you need to check on.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
GSM is the dominant format in the rest of the world (including Canada)... that's why Verizon (and AT&T to a smaller extent*) have to label their phones as 'world phones.' Verizon uses CDMA here in the US but its world-phones also have GSM radios and SIM cards. So you can buy that phone but you'll have to use it with AT&T or T-Mobile.

Note: * The other GSM markets use slightly different radio frequencies/configurations than AT&T does in stateside which is why AT$T makes a special note on many of their models, but they are still GSM.

johnflo88

Reaction score
So I got this seller saying he purchased his milestone from the official head motorola office in Ontario Toronto. The seller is a "phone noob" so he doesn't really know about 3G bands. When I asked him about it he thought GSM bands are used for 3G and he kept telling me the phone is a quadband phone and it supports 3G so it would work under any carrier :icon_ banana: But anyways is he telling the truth? I thought Milestone doesn't come out in Canada till next week; and if a phone isnt officially released in a country then the phone shouldn't be on sale at the official local motorola store. And IF he did purchase it from the official local motorola store, then the milestone HAS to be the canadian version, right?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys
some telus store (some) only got them on the 18th like i got mine. I doubt the milestone is legit.Ask him to send you some pics or even better video of the milestone.

AverageCanadian

Reaction score
Odds are he just said he got his before he actually had it in hand. I got mine from Bestbuy on the 17th.