[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by Hashcode, Mar 5, 2012.

1. kenji91

kenji91 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Will this work if I already am on ICS 4.0.4? I tried to install Safestrap (1.09). It "succeeded" and I rebooted. The screen asking me to push "menu" pops up but the menu button doesn't work. I used to have Safestrap on 2.3.6 and it worked just fine in the GB world.

Ideas?

2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    No it will not work on the leak ICS 4.0.4, this is designed for the stock phone (Gingerbread) running Safestrap. You will have to wait until Hashcode releases a ICS safestrap for the Droid 4, then wait until he releases and CM9 based on the Droid 4 ICS leak.

3. Melatonin

Melatonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much. Everything seems to work smooth except when I make or receive calls, there is no audio from the other person and they get nothing from me. But I can see the call time and it works fine through the car's bluetooth connection. Ha ha so every time I need to make a call, I have to go jump in car.

4. Gangrif

Gangrif Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Try turning off bluetooth before you make a call.

5. Melatonin

Melatonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I re-installed CM9 and phone calls work fine now. But I dont have a data connection anymore. It turns on for about a minute after a reboot and then it stays off. I switch to GSM and wait a min then back to CDMA and still no data connection. I wiped dalvik and reboot, and still the same. Anything else I can try?

6. Zero5295

Zero5295 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Idk. Data now actually works and stays for me. Maybe a clean flash is in order?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

7. Gangrif

Gangrif Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure if I can help you there. That's the very problem that's kept me from sticking with cm9.

8. supershot666

supershot666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While the data issues, I would say, are far from ironed out, but it is much better than it used to be and almost perfect in other places. I have found it really depends on where you are. In Chicago where I am most of the time I have a perfect 4g signal all day and never have data issues. (If it drops data once I take that as a sign that it is time to install the newest nightly) However, recently I flew to New Hampshire and while I can get data at boot after wiping the caches it will drop soon there after. I can always restore data by wiping the caches but for some reason here it always drops.

TL;DR If you live in a big city (besides Vegas I hear) or a place where Verizon has very strong signal through out the area then the data probably wont be to big an issue for you at this point.

9. Melatonin

Melatonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. I tried everything and no data connection with CM9 on my D4. Oh well, back to stock. Maybe when it reaches Beta it will be useable. I will wait anxiously.

Edit... So i tried to use the speak to search and it keeps saying Audio Problem. And i get no audio through calls.

#645 Melatonin, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  10. cron666

cron666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea u need to turn off bluetooth and only turn it on when you are going to use it. When bluetooth is on, all sound is redirected to it, even if there is no bluetooth device connected.

11. Melatonin

Melatonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much, that fixed the calling problem at least. That is quite annoying though, having to toggle bluetooth every time get in and out of the car. But at least it is something. I bet all of these little issues will be fixed if a beta is released next year.

12. deepfriedarjun

deepfriedarjun New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any word on youtube / hardware video codec support?

Search tags for this page
cm9 rom download for droid 3

droid 4 aosp

droid 4 cm9 download

droid 4 ics aosp

droid 4 ics rom download
droid 4 motorola - maserati cm9
failed to execute drocap2
oob-wake droid
uart wake lock
uart wake lock wakelock