[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

moccor

Reaction score
We have fastboot files now, so you are OK to mess around, but at the same time, it won't be an issue.

I use the Droid4 utility, and it's been very clean for me. I couldn't get Motofail to work, so I would suggest the Droid 4 utility.

As for safestrap, I had this issue, and when I put it back, it installed correctly, and there were no issues whatsoever.

Ok I'm rooted again, thanks. I'm in safestrap and it says 'Recovery State' is already is installed, should I uninstall recovery? Thanks for the help too guys.

Garlick

Reaction score
Ok I'm rooted again, thanks. I'm in safestrap and it says 'Recovery State' is already is installed, should I uninstall recovery? Thanks for the help too guys.

No, you should be able to just re-boot, and have it there.

If it doesn't pop up, then uninstall and re-install, although you're going to lose your last safestrap back up, so you'll need to make a new one, and in the safe system, you'll have to re-load everything again.

the1calledbubba

Reaction score
Issues with mobile internet happen after:
airplane mode
loss of signal for 5+ minutes
wifi

Temporary Fix:
Boot into recovery (safestrap)
Advanced Options -> Wipe Dalvik Cache (takes 5 seconds)
Reboot

One other issue: Apps like Netflix seem to think HDMI is connected all the time, however, HDMI out doesn't appear to be working at all.

Otherwise, I am extremely happy with this ROM. Top notch!

Last edited:

speedysan

Reaction score
Thanks a lot hashcode :)

I've been having network issues with my phone (it worked fine for almost a week before the problem started, I think after installing gmaps from the market (I was stupidly hoping they might have an updated version :( ) ), where it shows no-signal sporadically (I have noticed it only after going off wifi), but enough that it becomes impossible to use it. I tried everything from rebooting to cleaning the cache, even re-flashed the rom but to no avail. I'm back to gingerbread for now (thanks to the excellent SafeStrap). Is there a place where once could submit bug requests (not to complain but only to provide information to the hashcode)?

And finally, have any of the other cool people faced this problem?

In the week that I did use it, this is the only issue I faced. Everything else works excellent. The camera app doesn't have tap to focus, but that is probably a known issue. Once again thanks a ton for the awesome ICS love for D4.

P.S.: (just to clarify, I'm using the CM9 rom from hashcode mentioned in this post).

Last edited:

supershot666

Reaction score
I moved out of my apartment on Saturday and installed wiped the caches after I left I have had strong 4g since. now that I am not losing signal every time I get in the elevators at my dorm I have flawless data. I have not even updated a nightly since because the data has been so perfect.

speedysan

Reaction score
Update: Network issues apparently resolved after installing the latest build (7th May).

Battery however seems to be messed up. It is not getting charged even though the charger is plugged in. I just read about the battery stats wiping method. I'll give it a shot once my battery is fully charged and let you guys know how it went.

*sigh* the hoops we jump through for ice cream ;)

Cegal

Reaction score
speedysan said:
Update: Network issues apparently resolved after installing the latest build (7th May).

Battery however seems to be messed up. It is not getting charged even though the charger is plugged in. I just read about the battery stats wiping method. I'll give it a shot once my battery is fully charged and let you guys know how it went.

*sigh* the hoops we jump through for ice cream ;)

Not here...still have to wipe cache and dalvik after shut off. Will test later today to see if complete data failure will recover on its own without a reboot. And waiting to see something funky with the battery.

Garlick

Reaction score
Not here...still have to wipe cache and dalvik after shut off. Will test later today to see if complete data failure will recover on its own without a reboot. And waiting to see something funky with the battery.

I've had no issues with battery on 5/7. I did on 5/1 and 5/5, but 5/7 corrected the issue.

Data still fails on reboot, but not on complete shut down.

Also, you only need to wipe davlik to restore data, I figured this out after testing it on 5/5, so no need to wipe cache partition, just davlik works fine.

speedysan

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report my battery issues were resolved. No cellular data though. Tried switching to GSM for extended periods of time but still nada (wifi works fine). I can make calls.

Wiping the Dalvik cache did the trick for me. It takes forever but gets the thingy going. Thanks for the tip Garlick :)

Cegal

Reaction score
Garlick said:
I've had no issues with battery on 5/7. I did on 5/1 and 5/5, but 5/7 corrected the issue.

Data still fails on reboot, but not on complete shut down.

Also, you only need to wipe davlik to restore data, I figured this out after testing it on 5/5, so no need to wipe cache partition, just davlik works fine.

Ahh thanks, that should cut a little time down. I will report that upon leaving and re-entering data service areas, the first few times today, data recovered flawlessly on its own. But about the 4th go at it, it would not recover...had to shut down and wipe cache.

the1calledbubba

Reaction score
Same here. Did a full wipe (and accidently erased my internal sd card along with it) and did a fresh install 5-7-2012 version...still data problems. Have experimented a little with removing 4g data card, not sure of results yet, but not really promising. Being in an area where it constantly switches between 4g and 3g seems to aggravate the issue, though.

Garlick

Reaction score
Same here. Did a full wipe (and accidently erased my internal sd card along with it) and did a fresh install 5-7-2012 version...still data problems. Have experimented a little with removing 4g data card, not sure of results yet, but not really promising. Being in an area where it constantly switches between 4g and 3g seems to aggravate the issue, though.

Signal quality and EMI (Electro Mechanical Interference) play a big role in it.

I live in a strong signal area, and have no data problems at all.

I travel a lot, though, and when I got to an area that has poor 4G signal strength, then I have all kinds of issues.

Also, places like Las Vegas, which have MASSIVE amounts of EMI problems due to all the slot machines going off all the time, I couldn't even use the phone there at all.

AceDROID

Reaction score
so, after much debate, I made the jump yesterday to safestrapping the phone and installing this rom. Gotta say, I'm loving it so far. Just a couple of small gripes, but nothing too major.

Every time I go to reboot the phone, it always "optimizing apps" before loading up.. kind of annoying.. but okay I can live I only restart when data goes bye bye (which happens infrequently)

Haptic feedback is non existent... kind of upsetting how weak it is. Makes it hard to figure out if it registered or if the phone is just being slow.

And has anyone else noticed that under accounts if you go to sync your facebook, it stays at the facebook logo and that's it? I've let it sit for over a minute a few times and it doesn't ever go to a log in screen.

Other than that, great work!

Oh, btw.. camera works, front face camera works, face recognition does not, and neither does the panorama option.

Other than that, I love me some ice cream sandwich!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Gangrif

Reaction score
For anyone not following Hashcode on Twitter (@Hashcode0f), He posted on 5/7:

Droid4 Users: updating vendor proprietary files to 6.13.219 for all builds.

I grabbed the 5/8 nightly last night, and installed it. Wiped cache, reinstalled gapps (same procedure i've been using with every update).

So far, things are actually working much better. I had one battery issue last night. I had the phone connected to my pc over usb while i was updating. While connected (after i booted into CM9) the battery drained unbelievably fast. To the point where the phone powered down, and i had to charge it for 15 min just to power it back up. Once it was back up, and plugged into a wall outlet, it seemed fine. I havent seen the problem again since. I'll do more testing with that today.

The camera used to have some lag in the disaply, i don't see that anymore. Video still does not work, nor does panoramic. Data, and switching from wifi to data has been good too. I streamed music the whole ride to work today (1 hour) and it didnt drop once. I'm now at my desk (wifi only) and the transition from 3g to wifi worked as expected.

If this keeps up, i may actually be able to keep running this rom, and not have to switch back to the stock rom for daily use! (Crossing fingers).