[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

svickstc

Reaction score
It creates its own back up to switch back and forth between safe mode and non safe mode u never want to use back ups from bootstrap in safestrap or the other way around

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I know about the incompatible nandroids..

Just fuzzy when it comes to what safe mode is actually doing...

So when i toggled to safe and flash ICS say, if i go and toggle that off it will be the rom i flashed from, and i can just use these to essentially quickly switch from two different roms?

Thanks

svickstc

Reaction score
Wow, great work on this...this will be amazing once fully ironed out!!

dustyjerran

Reaction score
^^ So if i create a backup in non safe mode, and then toggle to safe mode flash ICS, i can toggle safe mode off back to my previous rom?

yes that is correct its very simple but if u want to make any changes to ur first rom that is not ics then u have to use bootstraper to flash new things and to make changes to the ics or safe system u have to use safestrap

dustyjerran

Reaction score
I know about the incompatible nandroids..

Just fuzzy when it comes to what safe mode is actually doing...

So when i toggled to safe and flash ICS say, if i go and toggle that off it will be the rom i flashed from, and i can just use these to essentially quickly switch from two different roms?

Thanks

it takes about 5 to 10 minutes to switch between the two roms depending on how many things u have installed on it but yes toggling safe mode allows u to switch between two roms

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
New build PREVIEW 5 is up:
Hash of Codes: Downloads

Changes include:
- Orientation fix (still working on rotation in Launcher)
- A lot of FC fixes for phone and related apps

No 3G Data fix just yet, but it's getting better. I swapped the build.prop back to network mode 7 which enables GSM/CDMA searching. And you can see the network switch is now building correctly by turning on airplane mode and then turning it off again. You should see the Network Switch pop up and do it's thing.

I have another 10 or so telephone classes to work through to make the whole thing seemless and then we'll see Motorola-like dual radio support in ICS for Droid 3.

I flashed it yesterday and started bootlooping. (I had to restore to my first backup so its fine now)
I am using Safestrap 1.07.

Also, this was the first time I installed a ROM with it being in my downloads file, not the root of my SD. Does that effect it?

dustyjerran

Reaction score
I flashed it yesterday and started bootlooping. (I had to restore to my first backup so its fine now)
I am using Safestrap 1.07.

Also, this was the first time I installed a ROM with it being in my downloads file, not the root of my SD. Does that effect it?

i had the same problem but all u have to do is do a data wipe and its fine

jpblock82

Reaction score
OK sounds good.
I'm not going to flash it again yet though because I think i'll wait until 3G is fixed.

Super stoked to flash, but I'm waiting too. Can't wait! Mav 1.1 is awesome, and will be my regular rom but I am excited to play around with ics.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jpblock82

Reaction score
I just couldn't wait to play around with it!! I did have an issue with, on the lock screen, it states "no sim card" then near my reception bars in the notification bar I have an "R"... whats going on??