[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have still unsuccessfully been able to switch back to ice cream sandwhich (safe) after disabling safe and then going back to safe (icecream sandwhich). Any tips?

Have you tried reflashing the rom in safe mode?

thomashedd

Reaction score
Have you tried reflashing the rom in safe mode?
Reflashing and then wiping? I just upgraded to alpha 5 tonight, I wiped before (I was on alpha 4) and then went through the setup and then went back to unsafe, then tried to go back to safe and it just got stuck at the book animation.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you switch back to safe, you can't just boot as far as I know. It removes things. You have to have a backup to load or a rom.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, I'm not telling you I know everything about it.

But in my experience, when you go from non-safe to safe, you can't boot, because the /system has been backed up, but there is nothing in safe. I'm not sure that is ACTUALLY how it works, I just know I've never had it boot going from non-safe to safe.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Just flashed, first ROM since PE with my D1 from almost a year ago. Only issue I'm having is the wifi isn't connecting. Sorta in a loop. I know this is Alpha version but just wanted the dev to know. Otherwise looking forward to the updates!

Sent from my Rooted CM9 Flashed D3

RJVecchio

Reaction score
I switch between safe and non safe mode all the time, Hash's Safestrap essentially makes a dual boot system with the non safe typically being your rooted, stock ROM.
Hash, I did say I'd throw $20 your way if you fixed the Bluetooth issue, well job well done, thank you, just tell me how I can make a donation please.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

bfgmudder

Reaction score
please too. only prob i have is bluetooth. i connect and it is static and distorted. i want so bad but have to use safe and non safe to make phone calls with my bluetooth. its like its so static and i cant hear. do we need the bluetooth dun installed? i dont care about the music. it does it in the regurlar phone calls and like a mess of words. but I LOVE THE ROM.. its so fast and beautiful... thanks. bluetooth fixed 20 more bucks in the pot... i really need this for a daily driver.. thanks hash...

dustyjerran

Reaction score
SO then when I switch from safe to nonsafe I should do the quick switch/toggle that doesn't do the backup?

It backs both up I switch between both all the time it saves data for both and system for both

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Still trying to understand safe/nonsafe. Since im running this now, should I stay with safe? Or is that just for when you flash the rom.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dustyjerran

Reaction score
Still trying to understand safe/nonsafe. Since im running this now, should I stay with safe? Or is that just for when you flash the rom.

The rom that u will use most of the time u have to flash using boot strapped and once that's done uninstall it and install safestrap and u will use it to test or try new roms u want but always have a ur main rom to switch to if ur test rom doesn't work right. So when strap is enabled ur running ur test rom and when its disabled u run ur main rom or if u are just using stock u can just install safe strap

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
The rom that u will use most of the time u have to flash using boot strapped and once that's done uninstall it and install safestrap and u will use it to test or try new roms u want but always have a ur main rom to switch to if ur test rom doesn't work right. So when strap is enabled ur running ur test rom and when its disabled u run ur main rom or if u are just using stock u can just install safe strap

I have safestrap installed and first flashed this ROM in safe mode following the instructions. Since this build is still in the early phases I need something a little more stable. I flashed Maverick but safestrap is still in safe mode enabled. If I disable safestrap, will I return to previous. Rom? I did make backups before flashing. This so different then my d1. The for your help

dustyjerran

Reaction score
I have safestrap installed and first flashed this ROM in safe mode following the instructions. Since this build is still in the early phases I need something a little more stable. I flashed Maverick but safestrap is still in safe mode enabled. If I disable safestrap, will I return to previous. Rom? I did make backups before flashing. This so different then my d1. The for your help

If u disable safe mode u will return to what ever rom u had installed when u installed safe strap for example if u was running maverick before and u installed safe staple and flash ics then u will return to maverick