[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

krazyace38

Reaction score
So I was wondering is sdcard the internal memory or is sdcard-ext? I ask because normally it is sdcard. It looks like everything here is going to sdcard-ext. Thanks for the help

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Sdcard is internal and sdcard-ext is external (hint ext) meaning its removable

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
Sdcard is internal and sdcard-ext is external (hint ext) meaning its removable

Ya thats usualy the case but it seamed like mine was backwards with everything going to the sdcard-ext and not the sdcard. Just wanted to see if thats what everyone else is seeing

krazyace38

Reaction score
Ya thats usualy the case but it seamed like mine was backwards with everything going to the sdcard-ext and not the sdcard. Just wanted to see if thats what everyone else is seeing

If u don't want stuff going to external sd the go to settings, storage, windows media sync and change it to internal :)

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
I have had/am having NO Issues with ICS. & this has been since whatever build had 3g data working last year. I find it funny Myself, T.Crews, and several other users have commented && experienced the same. The issues are stated in the OP.. There is no camera and there are codec issues.. and there may be other files/codes that tie in with the camera and codec issues. We have came a L O N G G G G G G G G G G G way since the 1st release in a short amount of time. 3g, Phone, "B" key, external card, sound all working again. Yes bluetooth codecs..USB connection, camera would all be nice but there are a lot of issues to work out and some things are of more urgent than others. If you cannot be patient enough through this very early early stage of the D3ICS, you should probably leave ICS alone until it is in a Beta stage. We are still in an early alpha phase. There is no other ROM based on android 4.0 for the D3 besides this one and the official 4.0 hasn't even been released yet by Motorola. If we remember, Project Elite, Ultimate Droid*, Bugless Beast, Miui all did not start off perfect. But they are now killing the D1 game. Please have patience. Everything won't be working for a while. ;)

Use this to report bugs with ICS so Hash has an idea of what needs to be worked on.
Bugzilla Main Page

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you cannot be patient enough through this very early early stage of the D3ICS, you should probably leave ICS alone until it is in a Beta stage.

+1 for this ^

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Quick status update for Alpha #5:
- There is a USB wakelock bug that I'm working feverishly to track down and any and all help I can get on it would be appreicated. Here's how to see it: plug your phone in to the computer via USB. check this file: /proc/wakelocks It has a "usb" line and watch the total_count shoot up like crazy every few seconds. I need to know what process is holding the wakelocks before I can troubleshoot it. But, I have a feeling this is yet another side affect of our Motorola-specific android usb gadget interacting w/ ICS. In general you should be using the dual SD card fix from Dri's (XDA)thread if that works:
External SD Card Mount by queberican351
“I installed Dual Mount SD Widget from android market on Ice Cream Sandwich Alpha 1 Build and was finally able to access my externel SD Card on my PC.
*Do Not Use android auto mount option* - apparently bad things will come of this. just select the second option. place the widget on a screen, enable with usb connected.”
- I had already turned off the slide to unlock hard keyboard feature, but after reading some of the responses and then seeing that if you use a secure lockscreen the behavior changes-- I changed it back t the way it is now.
- Re-setup default backlight values for the various light sensor values in the config.xml as will5's suggestion was right on the money. I didn't set the very last value to 255 however so that in bright light your keyboard/capacitive keys won't be backlit.
- Fixed the net stats module for a plethora of bugs, ranging from foreground net use vs. background use showing up, and packets/bytes were reversed in some cases which would end up causing a crash in that screen after a few weeks. It should play nicer with others now.
- I'm using a new version of the older version 6 formatting for the apns-conf.xml file. It's a "large style" file from CM's prebuilts for Gingerbread. I'm hoping to pick back up the service for those that lost it in alpha 3/4, while keeping the 3G service for everyone else. Verizon defaults are still in place for the US users.
- I need logcats of the GSM phone FC's so that I can fix them.
- Looking at recoding some of the apk's from the stock ROM to handle some things like: Dock Audio, HDMI, PIN Code Entry for SIM cards, etc. I'd like your feedback on which to do first -- I'll probably toss up a new blog post and you can weigh in.. how does that sound?
- Changed the secondary sd card environment var in init.rc as mentioned by Voltage Spike. (SECONDARY_STORAGE) This fixes the display of TiBu and some other apps. Gallery still has issues, use QuickPic till I can find a suitable fix for the stock Gallery and the external SD card.
- I have 6 of 9 of the kernel modules needed before I can do some "proof of concept" testing on the camera. Thank you for the patience; it's a *****.
- I haven't had time to dig into the Bluetooth subsystem. I feel like it's basically broken for legacy audio atm. But, I need to take a look around and see how other phones are setting it up.

dustyjerran

Reaction score
Quick status update for Alpha #5:
- There is a USB wakelock bug that I'm working feverishly to track down and any and all help I can get on it would be appreicated. Here's how to see it: plug your phone in to the computer via USB. check this file: /proc/wakelocks It has a "usb" line and watch the total_count shoot up like crazy every few seconds. I need to know what process is holding the wakelocks before I can troubleshoot it. But, I have a feeling this is yet another side affect of our Motorola-specific android usb gadget interacting w/ ICS. In general you should be using the dual SD card fix from Dri's (XDA)thread if that works:

- I had already turned off the slide to unlock hard keyboard feature, but after reading some of the responses and then seeing that if you use a secure lockscreen the behavior changes-- I changed it back t the way it is now.
- Re-setup default backlight values for the various light sensor values in the config.xml as will5's suggestion was right on the money. I didn't set the very last value to 255 however so that in bright light your keyboard/capacitive keys won't be backlit.
- Fixed the net stats module for a plethora of bugs, ranging from foreground net use vs. background use showing up, and packets/bytes were reversed in some cases which would end up causing a crash in that screen after a few weeks. It should play nicer with others now.
- I'm using a new version of the older version 6 formatting for the apns-conf.xml file. It's a "large style" file from CM's prebuilts for Gingerbread. I'm hoping to pick back up the service for those that lost it in alpha 3/4, while keeping the 3G service for everyone else. Verizon defaults are still in place for the US users.
- I need logcats of the GSM phone FC's so that I can fix them.
- Looking at recoding some of the apk's from the stock ROM to handle some things like: Dock Audio, HDMI, PIN Code Entry for SIM cards, etc. I'd like your feedback on which to do first -- I'll probably toss up a new blog post and you can weigh in.. how does that sound?
- Changed the secondary sd card environment var in init.rc as mentioned by Voltage Spike. (SECONDARY_STORAGE) This fixes the display of TiBu and some other apps. Gallery still has issues, use QuickPic till I can find a suitable fix for the stock Gallery and the external SD card.
- I have 6 of 9 of the kernel modules needed before I can do some "proof of concept" testing on the camera. Thank you for the patience; it's a *****.
- I haven't had time to dig into the Bluetooth subsystem. I feel like it's basically broken for legacy audio atm. But, I need to take a look around and see how other phones are setting it up.

what info are u wanting from the usb thing i have the file up and it has lots of numbers but idk what u want to know from it

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
what info are u wanting from the usb thing i have the file up and it has lots of numbers but idk what u want to know from it

I don't necessarily need info from that file, I need to figure out which process is generating the insane # of wakelocks and under what conditions. For example it could be adb related, etc.

Adhd

Reaction score
Just posting to say this works amazingly! Great job! Anything I can do to help out please let me know :) its so gorgeous.. lmao.

Two things:

Netflix video does not play the video(can hear sound)
Google earth does not start

Sent from my droid 3 on ICS!

dpendolino

Reaction score
I just installed alpha 5 and being able to access the external sd via usb mass storage is awesome! Is there any way to access the internal sdcard now?

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
I just installed alpha 5 and being able to access the external sd via usb mass storage is awesome! Is there any way to access the internal sdcard now?

Oddly, in Linux, I get every partition on the phone shared out. But it seems Windows is finicky.

For a current fix, people are using this (from XDA) -- I know it says external card in the description below, but now it apparently shows the internal:
External SD Card Mount by queberican351
“I installed Dual Mount SD Widget from android market on Ice Cream Sandwich Alpha 1 Build and was finally able to access my externel SD Card on my PC.

*Do Not Use android auto mount option* - apparently bad things will come of this. just select the second option. place the widget on a screen, enable with usb connected.”

Reaction score
I dunno if its an ics thing or not, but I noticed w/ alpha 5, the browser, when you click on links, it doesn't highlight the selection. Dunno if its a bug or not, but I figure I might as well mention it. Also, emulators don't seem to run as well as it did on gingerbread. Other than that, this rom is pretty solid, I might daily drive it for a little while...

Edit: I also noticed the touch screen isn't as sensative as gb. It seems you gotta scroll more to make a page scroll a certain amount.

jayhardacre

Reaction score
I installed Alpha 5, after only wiping the dalvik cache and for some reason it didn't like that. It started to constantly restart and restart. I reverted it back to alpha 4 for the time being until I get some answers.

Is it because I didn't wipe the whole thing? And cache?

Has anyone had the same problem?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using DroidForums