[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

RJVecchio

Reaction score
It's an alpha version still, just report what you can and let Hash work it out. Speaking of... I noticed that there was no HDMI support.

shinobi13

Reaction score
Also noticed that my droid forums app keeps disapeering from the app drawer. I have to keep re installing it. :icon_eek:

Running Alpha 4.

thomashedd

Reaction score
I'm not 100% on the process to switch recoveries. I've only used Safestrap.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

Thanks for the all the advice. I have successfully switched to safestrap. When you switch back and forth, do you do anyhing other than switch between safe and unsafe mode? Like formatting /system or wipeing data/cache?

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
nice thanks guys. got it working... yeahhh. so happy now. just need music through bluetooth... yeahh. i WILL donate. i promise because this rom is sick.. you sould make a droid 3 app then ill buy it to give you money. even if its only a wallpaper or something.

Can I ask what settings you tweaked or files you changed to get your issue fixed?

thomashedd

Reaction score
Nope. Safestrap does it all.

Because it bootloops when I try and go back to icecream sandwhich from stock after I have already been on icecream sandwhich before. It will only boot when I do a wipe.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because it bootloops when I try and go back to icecream sandwhich from stock after I have already been on icecream sandwhich before. It will only boot when I do a wipe.

So you go from safe to non-safe, then back to safe and it doesn't reload?

Can you confirm it working with another ROM? I didn't think it wrote from safe mode, only non-safe.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a GTalk APK that works? If so can ya post it. Thanks

There isn't a gtalk app that works AFAIK.

Unless IM+ or something of that sort does.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

bfgmudder

Reaction score
Can I ask what settings you tweaked or files you changed to get your issue fixed?

Well it first started out and I would go to my bluetooth settings and I seen the bluetooth name was like bluex or something. So I would go to add bluetooth and set look for device and allows connections. Well for some reason it would only give me the hex name for the bluetooth device added so it seemed weird to me. I then deleted the connection on my bluetooth then wiped all the connections on my phone and went back into add bluetooth device. This time Ikept messing with my bluetooth and held the button in and started it up again. After about a minute it said jawbone era instead of the 3x-7f-3h-7d name. So I added it and it is working clearly now. I haven't tried with the audio yet but was gonna do some messin around. Cuz id love to have my music and games back. Thanks hash, Ilook up to u as a fellow developer...

bfgmudder

Reaction score
Well it first started out and I would go to my bluetooth settings and I seen the bluetooth name was like bluex or something. So I would go to add bluetooth and set look for device and allows connections. Well for some reason it would only give me the hex name for the bluetooth device added so it seemed weird to me. I then deleted the connection on my bluetooth then wiped all the connections on my phone and went back into add bluetooth device. This time Ikept messing with my bluetooth and held the button in and started it up again. After about a minute it said jawbone era instead of the 3x-7f-3h-7d name. So I added it and it is working clearly now. I haven't tried with the audio yet but was gonna do some messin around. Cuz id love to have my music and games back. Thanks hash, Ilook up to u as a fellow developer...

nmd back to static again. its something with the bluetooth driver. gonna look at some things..

djrazi

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could make a quick reply pop up option for the stock sms app like "sms pop-up". I think it would be really awesome!

From Hashcode via XDA
12/31 NEW! Alpha Build #3
Includes "Safe" Gapps in the build

PRE-CAUTION - When installing ICS for the 1st time and Google asks to restore settings, Do NOT restore settings. This would restore GB settings on ICS Firmware and that's no bueno!!!!

Screenshots:
droid3-ics-home.png
droid3-ics-settings-phone.png

shinobi13

Reaction score
Anyone know the proper way of flashing back to another rom? Using alpha 4 but not being able to send text messages is making me have to go back to my old rom. Every time I send a text through stock app or go sms pro I get a kick back saying it did not send.

I am guessing the way to go back is to factory reset full wipe and then flash my backup with safestrap? Thanks.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums