[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Do you know if just uninstalling droid3bootstrapper will do? Because I know to go from safestrap to clockwork and droid3bootstrapper you need to uninstall recovery from safestrap app before uninstalling it but that option isn't available on the droid3bootstrapper

I'm not 100% on the process to switch recoveries. I've only used Safestrap.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know if just uninstalling droid3bootstrapper will do? Because I know to go from safestrap to clockwork and droid3bootstrapper you need to uninstall recovery from safestrap app before uninstalling it but that option isn't available on the droid3bootstrapper

Check my guides stickied in the D3 Hacks section! ;)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've installed alpha no 4. Only issues I've noticed so far is that the gallery doesn't pick up pics from your external sdcard. You also can't access the gallery options. the phone also locked on me once, the buttons all became useless, requiring a battery pull. It also keeps asking me to choose input method even though Ialready have. Other than that this rm runs great and its very smooth. Most excellent work!

To install, i switched to safe mode, wiped data, cache, dalvik, and formatted system.

Edit: it just locked up on me again. I'm gonna flash back to my original rom for now. I did enjoy the taste of ics however.... thanks hash!

shinobi13

Reaction score
Hashcode Using Alpha #3 here, the music app (both of them) do not see my music that is on my SD card. The music is located in "sdcard-ext". Do i just relocate it to another folder? Also, ICS does not seem to like go keyboard. When I tried to select go keyboard as the default, I had to back out of the app as the option to choose kept popping back and forth. I was finally able to select android keyboard and all was well after that. Not sure if you know about these two minor things. Awesome work.

Edit: also noticed when in xda or droid forum app when I hit the hard back key the app crashes.

RJVecchio

Reaction score
Alpha 3 bugs

JFirst off, I love this ROM, thank you for all your work. With that said, here are a few things I noticed:

1) There's no file manager included, not needed, but convenient.
2) No lock screen customizations.
3) No themes, I really dislike the battery monitor, love the 1% Honeycomb style.
4) I have a pair of Jay Bird Bluetooth headphones, JF3 Freedom, when I connect them and play music through the Google music app, the sound always goes to the phone speaker, tried different Bluetooth settings as well a the BluetoothSCO app with no results, I called my voicemail to test for phone functions, that worked through the headphones. What is that SCO app anyway? I have not tried to use the plug in kind of headphones.
5) I installed Swype and it works fine, maybe include it again?
6) Voice functions FC'd at first a few times, now works great.
7) when installing apps and you get to the open/done screen, if you rotate the orientation of the phone it seems to reinstall.
8) Homescreen wallpaper does not scroll even though option it's set in settings, wallpaper was set from browser.
9) Neither music app recognizes music on SD cards, internal or external.

I noticed that with the new car docks you can't change the volume being output, that was on a Steel Droid v3, don't know what that's all about but the output being stuck high makes it sound like crap over my FM transmitter. Know what I'm talking about? Can that be changed? I know many aren't bugs, but I thought they might be helpful none the less. I just saw you released the 4th alpha, I'm going to install that and see what we can see. Thanx again!

dustyjerran

Reaction score
great work hash as soon as u get the camera working this will pretty much be perfect keep up all they great work

bfgmudder

Reaction score
agree

JFirst off, I love this ROM, thank you for all your work. With that said, here are a few things I noticed:

1) There's no file manager included, not needed, but convenient.
2) No lock screen customizations.
3) No themes, I really dislike the battery monitor, love the 1% Honeycomb style.
4) I have a pair of Jay Bird Bluetooth headphones, JF3 Freedom, when I connect them and play music through the Google music app, the sound always goes to the phone speaker, tried different Bluetooth settings as well a the BluetoothSCO app with no results, I called my voicemail to test for phone functions, that worked through the headphones. What is that SCO app anyway? I have not tried to use the plug in kind of headphones.
5) I installed Swype and it works fine, maybe include it again?
6) Voice functions FC'd at first a few times, now works great.
7) when installing apps and you get to the open/done screen, if you rotate the orientation of the phone it seems to reinstall.
8) Homescreen wallpaper does not scroll even though option it's set in settings, wallpaper was set from browser.
9) Neither music app recognizes music on SD cards, internal or external.

I noticed that with the new car docks you can't change the volume being output, that was on a Steel Droid v3, don't know what that's all about but the output being stuck high makes it sound like crap over my FM transmitter. Know what I'm talking about? Can that be changed? I know many aren't bugs, but I thought they might be helpful none the less. I just saw you released the 4th alpha, I'm going to install that and see what we can see. Thanx again!

I have also tried the bluetooth. But sound only comes through the phone speaker. Also my bluetooth audio in ncall is junk. All scratchy Icant hear anything. But it is connected and working just all destorted. Also like the 1 percent battery option.
Thanks for your hard work. Me love u long time..

shinobi13

Reaction score
I just loaded alpha 4 and even in version 3 blue tooth was working fine for me. Anyone figure out the music issue? I am going to move some music around to different folders later on tonight and will see if it will work.

Sent from my ICS'd D3!

Edit: So I moved some music to my internal sd card and still no joy with either music app. I downloaded another one from the market (jukefox), told it what folder to import music from and still no joy. Not sure why.

RJVecchio

Reaction score
My audio in Bluetooth phone calls is fine, but I only tried calling voice mail. I have been playing around in alpha 4 all day, I don't notice any difference except that the music apps now see music stored on the internal SD card only, all if my music is on my 32GB external SD card, do I really have to switch them? I'm not sure how yet. Bluetooth audio is my only real gripe still, assuming we'll see some themes once we get a beta going.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

bfgmudder

Reaction score
hmm

My audio in Bluetooth phone calls is fine, but I only tried calling voice mail. I have been playing around in alpha 4 all day, I don't notice any difference except that the music apps now see music stored on the internal SD card only, all if my music is on my 32GB external SD card, do I really have to switch them? I'm not sure how yet. Bluetooth audio is my only real gripe still, assuming we'll see some themes once we get a beta going.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

hmm i wonder what mine is then. if i try to make a call with my bluetooth audio. jawbone era its all static. i have tried everything and still a no go. i am stumped and cant use my bluetooth headset./ hmm. i reset my bluetooth reflashed firmware. reset phone reboot and format and restore. what else could it be??

bfgmudder

Reaction score
hmm i wonder what mine is then. if i try to make a call with my bluetooth audio. jawbone era its all static. i have tried everything and still a no go. i am stumped and cant use my bluetooth headset./ hmm. i reset my bluetooth reflashed firmware. reset phone reboot and format and restore. what else could it be??

nice thanks guys. got it working... yeahhh. so happy now. just need music through bluetooth... yeahh. i WILL donate. i promise because this rom is sick.. you sould make a droid 3 app then ill buy it to give you money. even if its only a wallpaper or something.