Selected APPs

shannonhill58

Reaction score
when i use Advanced Task Killer Free, it always shows apps i know i have not selected like alarm clock or voice search. I am trying to increase my battery life. any helpful tips?:):blackdroid:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
the vast majority of apps running in the background will not impact your battery life. Only apps that are actively doing something in the background, not just sitting idle. If you really want to scrutinize your battery usage the take a look at the battery use in settings and see what is using the most.

If it's your display, try turning the brightness down. If it's cell standby, try doing a *228. If it's wifi, turn it off when not using it, same with bluetooth. If it's a particular app and one that you're not actively using at all, then consider killing it.

I've got about 30 apps installed and only one consistently shows up in the battery use and that's ShopSavy. It always accounts for about 5% of my battery and I only use the app about once a week if at all. So I kill it through the native app manager anytime I reboot.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
One thing that will affect your battery life - killing apps that were started in the background. Most likely the phone needed them and will need to use more resources to start it up again. App Killers hould be used sparingly - if at all. Only kill apps which you personally started. I only use one if I need to kill an app that has gone crazy.

OP
S

shannonhill58

Reaction score
Display 53% (got brightness all the way down.)
Android system 11%
android Live wallpaper 10%
cell standby 6%
maps 5%
Phone idle 4%
market 3%
browser 3%
android core apps 2%
android os 2%
bubble 2%
Killed all the app according to task killer
Is there a better app killer? Or something else I can try?