"Select Number", Turn Off "Always / Just Once" Question

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
monty0000
My first post, so be easy on me folks. I am hoping someone has a solution for this:

Every time I select a contact to dial a number on my LG G3 (Android 6), if they have more than one number it opens a window for me to select whichever number I want to dial. So far - so good. I select one but then must press a button whether to "Always" or "Just Once" use that number. This is an extra click nearly every time I dial a number (yes, I really am so anal retentive that I value my time that much) -- and I need all of the options (cell, work, home) available to select from, but I don't want to have to click the "just once" every time I dial a number.

I looked in the settings for the app and throughout the Android settings and could not find an option to have it stop asking that. Maybe you know where it is hidden or have some trick.

Thank you so much!!

jp

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome aboard!

If I were you, I'd go ahead and select always when picking the number that you're most likely to contact someone on. Doing that won't make it so you CAN'T use their other numbers, but it will make using those numbers take an extra tap or so. It's a trade off, but better to have to do an extra tap when making a call to a less frequently called number than EVERY time you call someone.

For example, let's make a guy named Bob.

For Bob, you've got Home, Work, and Cell.

If you generally call Bob on his cell, set that for Always. This means it may be the first on the list when you're in your contacts looking at Bob's entry and it'll be the number used if you use voice commands to tell the phone to call Bob.

But, if you need to call Bob at work, all you need to do is go to your contacts and select Bob without calling him. That should allow you to see his other numbers (you may have to tap something like "show more" if you've got a bunch of numbers for Bob). You can then tap the phone icon next to Work to call him at work.

Hope that makes sense?

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Jonny gave a very thorough description. Another option if you have the time or are bored some night, would be to go through your contacts and choose/set the number you want as the default number to call.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Jonny gave a very thorough description. Another option if you have the time or are bored some night, would be to go through your contacts and choose/set the number you want as the default number to call.

I meant to add that, but it was quitting time at work & I had to get home for the baby to be dropped of by grandma.

Thanks for the addition!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You beat me to it. That's what I've done as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><