Seinheil

Flyingbrad

Reaction score
I understand that this is supposed to go under Samsung Fascinate Accessories.. but i posted 4 days ago and STILL no answer! It's very urgent too!
"Hello all!
I've recently bought a new Samsung Fascinate on black friday!
I've been itchin for a new screen protector and decided against buying it at best buy because they have inflamed prices and crappy protectors.
I came across seinheil and the reviews have been incredible.
EVERYONE loves them!!
My one question about 'em is:
What in the world is so different about the "SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Samsung Galaxy Fascinate Screen Protector [Verizon]" and the "SGP Steinheil Ultra Series Samsung Galaxy Fascinate Screen Protector [Ultra Crystal]"
Besides the obvious of course!
Is the anti-fingerprint matte? if not, how does the screen look compared to the crystal?

Another thing: What does it mean when the Steinheil web says, "You may feel little hazy at first time for this product...." for the Steinheil AF?"

THANK YOU EVERYONE.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Hi. I am sorry I can't answer your question, however why does one want a screen protector? I have had blackberrys and now this one. I am somewhat hard on a phone and use it constantly. Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
F

Flyingbrad

Reaction score
Well the blackberry was never a problem, but with this considering it's a touch screen the screen protector...well it protects! from scratches and such

OP
F

Flyingbrad

Reaction score
I have no idea what cross-posting is.. Sorry?
And I just wanted some opinions on Seinheil.....
I did all the googling of all the screen-protectors!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Gorilla Glass is a super-high-tensile strength glass used in smart phone touchscreens. That's why I suggested looking it up. It's very difficult to scratch. I suggested looking it up for that reason -- maybe saving you a few dollars. :)

Cheap screen protectors are usually made of the same material as their more expensive cousins, ergo they're every bit as good, often at substantially reduced prices. :)

Cross-posting is posting in more than one forum with the same question. It's frowned on here. Do it too often and a mod may issue an infraction. No harm done this time, really, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on it.

OP
F

Flyingbrad

Reaction score
Oh, okay!! Thank you for the info. then!
And yes yes, I do know what Gorilla Glass is! :p However, they don't sell it for the Samsung Fascinate and here's what I read:
"From what I can understand the process of making a super amoled screen would be inhibitory to them including gorilla glass. With super amoled, they manufactured it so the sensor are in the surface of the screen. I think having a gorilla glass wouldn't work. "

OP
F

Flyingbrad

Reaction score
*Double post*
Oh, and I also hear that the Galaxy S is supposed to come with built in Gorilla Glass

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yet another reason why Droid Does when others Don't. ;)

Kidding, of course. Alrighty. Check on eBay for some cheapie cheaps and try one. If it's good, you saved some green. If it's bad you spent like $2. :) In the meantime check back and someone here might have some experience with the protectors for you. That's my suggestion.

boostedjti

Reaction score
I bought three invisible glass from best buy for 2 reasons

1) lifetime warranty

2) they installed it and said if I had any issues to go back

proview3r

Reaction score
I have used the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector on my previous LG Dare phone, and yes it has a matte finish, so the screen looks foggy. I think you can find youtube videos showing what it looks like. It takes some time to get use to it, but it's not totally bad.

Currently, I have a Samsung Fascinate with the Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protector, and let me tell you, I'm loving it! It looks as though I haven't even put any screen protector on. The surface is really smooth and not sticky like the invisibleShields. It also doesn't require any solution/liquids to apply on the screen, just place it on like a sticker.

All my future phones will definitely have the Steinheil ULtra Crystal protectors... It's kind of pricey at 14 bucks.. but you get a pack of 2, so it's like 7 bucks each. Totally worth it though!

Mylt1

Reaction score
Gorilla Glass is a super-high-tensile strength glass used in smart phone touchscreens. That's why I suggested looking it up. It's very difficult to scratch. I suggested looking it up for that reason -- maybe saving you a few dollars. :)

Cheap screen protectors are usually made of the same material as their more expensive cousins, ergo they're every bit as good, often at substantially reduced prices. :)

Cross-posting is posting in more than one forum with the same question. It's frowned on here. Do it too often and a mod may issue an infraction. No harm done this time, really, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on it.

Kinda strange, I have been very careful with my phone and still have scratches and one small scuff mark. So gorilla glass isn't as tuff as everyone thinks it is. Buy a screen protector just to be safe.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
And my phone has taken more knocks and drops and slips than I care to think about and I have the tiniest hairline scratch on the screen that I only noticed because I'm a bit anal about cleaning the screen and a couple of white spots on the case. :)

The Fascinate doesn't have Gorilla Glass because of the AMOLED screen, as previously stated.