seido case fitment issue

Discussion in 'Seidio' started by dodgemaniac, Dec 30, 2009.

1. dodgemaniac

dodgemaniac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i mad a post in the accessory section but i thought i should also post here. i ordered a seidio case and received it today. the back piece fits nice and tight like i believe it should. however the top piece will not stay on no matter what i try. it is the tabs on the bottom( by the mic) that will not stay on and keep popping off. it appears to me that the tabs look to short compared to the top ones. I tried to contact you via website but did not find an area to ask this question. i would appreciate your help as i really like the case and am looking to get the dock also when it comes out but am really disappointed that this will not fit especially after all the great things i hear about them that made me decide to buy. thanks

2. justbob

justbob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummm, have you tried clicking on this link?

Contact Us

#2 justbob, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. Aaron636r

Aaron636r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Their a great company...just contact them, maybe even call them and they will take care of it.

4. JFM-jr

JFM-jr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is an isolated issue there are alot of positive reviews on this case. I actually just finished writing one as I installed mine last night. Painless install and I could not be happier. I am sure you are a mere phone call away from resolving your issue. I dont think you'll have any hassle getting a replacement give them a call.
    1-832-204-1118. PLEASE be sure to post up your outcome on this so we can see how they handle things.

5. cb3FSU

cb3FSU Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem when I first got the case but once its on, its ON. It took me about 10 minutes of frustration but it has not even thought about coming off.

This is by far the best case, doesnt even look like a case, it looks like is part of the phone. I think it improves the look and feel of the Droid and I would not advise any to get any other case, period.

But yeah, it can be a pain to get on the first time.

6. dodgemaniac

dodgemaniac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i messed with it for over an hour trying to put it on including starting any direction i can think of but it just wont clip on at the bottom. thanks for the phone number i'll try giving them a call

7. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

Thank you for your comments and I hope your issues has been solved! If not, please PM us and we will be more than happy to take a look at it for you!

Regards,

8. speed4tu

speed4tu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have this case also and mine snapped right on. I have had a couple issues with other cases in the past and they are very quick to make anything right. Top rate company in my opinion and I will buy a case for every phone i get from now on from there.

9. rrflanders

rrflanders New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my droid. I played forever trying to get the top cover on it without any luck, but when I tried to put the cover on an older droid it snapped right on! The only thing I can guess is perhaps the slider is tighter on mine.

I called the Seidio contact number and they're sending me out another one, no questions asked!

#9 rrflanders, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  10. dodgemaniac

dodgemaniac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the same situation with mine except the replacement case I received does not fit either. Let me know how you make out

11. Project37

Project37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh, mine doesn't fit either. Will call and let you guys know how the replacement works out.

EDIT: 2/18 - The replacement piece arrived and fits like a glove. The case looks and feels fantastic, makes the phone feel less fragile, which was exactly what I wanted. As I've seen mentioned elsewhere, the top piece makes the top row of the slider keyboard difficult to use. Otherwise, I'm very happy and plan to keep it. I'm not thrilled about having to return my otherwise serviceable Motorola dock for an even more expensive Seidio dock, though. Still the quality of the case outweighs my need for a bedside dock.

#11 Project37, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010