Seido active case for thunderbolt-thumbs up or down?

jogo21

Reaction score
Looking at getting this case but not many reviews available. I was wondering if anyone here has it and their thoughts. Looks good and it looks like it will protect phone. Also wondering about added bulk.

bailman

Reaction score
I bought the Seidio rugged case and it it awesome, although it does add a lot of extra bulk- it provides outstanding protection.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dondk

Reaction score
just got mine today, very little added bulk, about the same as the Innocase II maybe 2mm more in thickness.

As for protection... I am on the fence with it. It is basically a rubber case with a partial plastic exoskeleton. I have the Innocase II as well and I while it is a hard case (rubber wrapped), it may protect the phone better.

The only differences between the Innocase and the active are the push buttons are covered, otherwise coverage wise they are essentially the same.

As for looks, hands down it looks great (the sapphire blue one), better than any case I have ever owned.

iGrizz

Reaction score
just got mine today, very little added bulk, about the same as the Innocase II maybe 2mm more in thickness.

As for protection... I am on the fence with it. It is basically a rubber case with a partial plastic exoskeleton. I have the Innocase II as well and I while it is a hard case (rubber wrapped), it may protect the phone better.

The only differences between the Innocase and the active are the push buttons are covered, otherwise coverage wise they are essentially the same.

As for looks, hands down it looks great (the sapphire blue one), better than any case I have ever owned.

I bought the same case but in black. I never liked the silicon cases for phones but the added plastic on the back makes it more stiff and it is awesome. This will hold me off till I can get my hands on an Otterbox.

sidsixseven

Reaction score
Mine will be arriving via Amazon today. My reasoning as far as the protection goes is that it will be better than a hard or soft case on it's own.

The problem with a hard case is that they don't absorb any of the shock. The problem with a soft case is that they can be punctured and are well, er, soft. :)

Combining the two offers the best protection. Think of it like you would american football equipment like a football helmet or shoulderpads. They have hard exteriors for rigidity to lend strength and deflect the force of an impact over a larger area. But they also have soft interiors to cushion and absorb the momentum of that impact.

dorlisa

Reaction score
Anyone try the Trident Aegis case yet? I ordered one from Amazon and expect it this week. I am sure hoping it will work with the Seidio Active holster. =)

daggy1985

Reaction score
Ya I've had mine for a couple of weeks and I love it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums