Seidio premium leather case???

Discussion in 'Seidio' started by speed4tu, Jan 11, 2010.

1. speed4tu

speed4tu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the innocase and was looking at getting the Premium horizontal leather case for the innocase'ed droid but it has magnets holding the front closed. I have the iphone case from seidio and when I put the magnets on the front and back of my droid it makes the phone go into dock mode and keeps the lights on. Does anyone have this case and know if it will stay asleep in it?

2. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest! We have no heard about feedback about the magnets interfering with the Droid at all because the magnet is facing out. Therefore it will not engage the Droid into the Dock mode.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Regards,

3. billyidle

billyidle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can confirm this after a month of use, the magnets absolutely do not activate dock mode.

4. zeldor

zeldor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have you noticed the thing falling off your belt?
    Im not happy with how easily it seems to come off.
    but then maybe its just me.

5. speed4tu

speed4tu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Guess it's time to order one!

6. kkinderen

kkinderen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just received my case (D-CSL4MTDD-HB/906) and the moment I put the Droid in the case it went to Car mode. I tried again and it went into dock mode. After a few more tries it seems to randomly go into one of the three modes (car/dock/normal).

My big problem with this is, while on my belt there is no way to tell if it accidentally went into car or cradle mode. I understand in these modes the battery will drain quickly.

Anyone else experience this?

I really like the case otherwise. It is comfortable and doesn't poke into my (big) belly when I sit down.

Kev

7. Mayhew

Mayhew Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a great case, but the magnets make it unusble. I love Seidio products, but I wish I had returned it and gotten my money back. On the other hand, the Innocase Surface and holster are an excellent match. This is the third smartphone on which I have used this product.

8. FingersXG

FingersXG Member

Ratings:
    +0

OK...so who is telling the truth? :confused:

I'm considering purchasing this case, unless it is makes the phone go in to dock mode.

9. Sprank1

Sprank1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't give any definitive answer yet, but I get my case this week and will test it out.

My "Theory" is ....
    it might depend on how you put the phone into the case. If the screen of the phone is facing the magnets on the case it should have no effect. However, if the back of the phone is facing the magnets that would most likely activate one of the dock mods.

Again -- this in only my theory. I will try to test out my thoughts when I get my case.

10. FingersXG

FingersXG Member

Ratings:
    +0

Great. Can't wait to hear the verdict! :popcorn:

11. Sprank1

Sprank1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ... got my case a few days ago and here are my results using it.

First - I am using the Innocase Surface on my Droid, so I am not sure if that makes any difference since it does put a little more distance between the Droid and the magnets in the case.

The only time I see any of the "dock modes" get activated is when I slide the phone in the case and the back of the phone slides past the magnets on the flap. Once the phone is in the case the screen goes blank and no modes are active.

I put the phone in with the screen facing out, but have tried with the screen facing in and still do not get the dock mode activating.

I'm not sure if some Droids are more sensitive to the magnets, or is there have been changes in the leather case since it was introduced, but I'm not having any problems with the case and really like having a case that fits the Droid with the Innocase on it.

Well - that's my two cent contribution. :)

12. FingersXG

FingersXG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to your input Sprank1, I took the plunge and purchased the Innocase and leather pouch for my droid, and my wife's. (She had to have the pink Innocase :rolleyes:)

I've had them for about a week now, and am extremely pleased. Haven't had any incident of it going into dock or navigation mode.

As others have stated; the Innocase is a perfect fit for the Droid, and it feels great in your hand. The leather pouch has a very sturdy feel, and I'm so much more comfortable with the magnetic closure, as opposed to the velcro.

Seidio should throw you a bone for convincing me to make the purchase!!

Thanks again for your input! :beer2: