Seidio Innotraveler car dock

jmtudor

Reaction score
In case you go down the Kuda car mount path, below are my sources for the various pieces...

Nice setup. Do you have any pictures? I do not like the Kuda mounts for my vehicles and I will use Pro-Clip or Panavise, but the rest is exactly how I have mine planned. I'm just wondering what it might look like with the Kuda mount, since those seem shaped for vertical mounting.

One picture posted, and am attaching a PDF with 5 more.

Attachments

• _02_2010-03-05 .jpg
    _02_2010-03-05 .jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 466
  • Seido Car Dock Install.pdf
    602.8 KB · Views: 354

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Nice work! And thanks for the pics. I like your Kuda mount. The one for mine sits down in the passenger footwell and it's too low for my tastes.

I also plan to drill into the back of the Innotraveler and hardwire power from the charger into the dash and skip the micro usb and the car charger completely.

jmtudor

Reaction score
Nice work! And thanks for the pics. I like your Kuda mount. The one for mine sits down in the passenger footwell and it's too low for my tastes.

I also plan to drill into the back of the Innotraveler and hardwire power from the charger into the dash and skip the micro usb and the car charger completely.

Had not thought of that, would like to know how you do that--what guage of wire, where you drill, do you solder? and what do you connect withi behind the dash? Cool.

grumpydroid

Reaction score
I purchased the case, then the home dock and car dock. All three are GREAT! I had an issue w/ the top of the case not fitting. A replacement was sent out right away. The car dock was originally back ordered, but shipped within a few days of the order. Great products and GREAT customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Seidio.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Had not thought of that, would like to know how you do that--what guage of wire, where you drill, do you solder? and what do you connect withi behind the dash? Cool.

Well, I don't have the innotraveler, yet, so I don't know the design. I would like to try to drill into the back, wherever there is room (I'd have to take it apart to see how things are arranged in there).

All I would need is a standard car charger or a usb lighter adapter and a cheap usb cable if you want to go without the stretchy loops - amazon has some cheap stuff. Cut the micro usb connector off and splice into the wires leading to the PWR port inside the Seidio (should be just red and black). Then you could just plug that into the cig. lighter. But, I plan to send that wire into the dash somewhere discrete. You could get a cig lighter socket off of amazon and wire that into power and ground in the dash, plug in the adapter and wire and tuck it all in the dash.

Nice hard-wired car dock solution. I'll probably have mine next month, but I think I am fabricating my own mounting bracket since I want my dock located somewhere no one makes a bracket for on my car, though.

jmtudor

Reaction score

Well, I don't have the innotraveler, yet, so I don't know the design. I would like to try to drill into the back, wherever there is room (I'd have to take it apart to see how things are arranged in there).

All I would need is a standard car charger or a usb lighter adapter and a cheap usb cable if you want to go without the stretchy loops - amazon has some cheap stuff. Cut the micro usb connector off and splice into the wires leading to the PWR port inside the Seidio (should be just red and black). Then you could just plug that into the cig. lighter. But, I plan to send that wire into the dash somewhere discrete. You could get a cig lighter socket off of amazon and wire that into power and ground in the dash, plug in the adapter and wire and tuck it all in the dash.

Nice hard-wired car dock solution. I'll probably have mine next month, but I think I am fabricating my own mounting bracket since I want my dock located somewhere no one makes a bracket for on my car, though.
You've given me inspiration, I ordered the part off Amazon and will tinker around

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score

That sounds pretty awesome. You have to post some pics for us to see how it works out. I'm not sure i'd be brave enough to fiddle to that length, but it would be pretty rad. I got mone last night and installted it. Its feels pretty good and the extra bulk doesn't bother me. I really haven't messed with it much since I was only in the car for the drive to work and I didn't have the charger cable plugged into it yet since i'm tryin to get an accurate account of how my extended batterty is working out. Adjusting the height is a little difficult since its a bit stiff even when loosened. I was afraid I was going to break it at first! Shipping was pretty quick this time around though. Both parts came together

pudah

Reaction score
How well does it work with the headphone jack plugged in? Does it fit? Is it easy to pulg it in/unplug it when in the cradle? Does it have the magnet to put it into car mode automatically?

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
How well does it work with the headphone jack plugged in? Does it fit? Is it easy to pulg it in/unplug it when in the cradle? Does it have the magnet to put it into car mode automatically?

It does have the magnet to put it into car dock mode. I'm not sure if the physical headphone jackis obscured by the dock or not. I'll have to look when I leave work in a few. I have a radio w/ bluetooth, so I hadn't thought of that before...

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Ok, just checked and the headphone jack is not obscured. There is plenty of clearance so it would not be any harder to plug/unplug then the standard mount.

pudah

Reaction score
Ok, just checked and the headphone jack is not obscured. There is plenty of clearance so it would not be any harder to plug/unplug then the standard mount.

Cool, thanks. My car has BT and I use it for phone calls, but sadly it wont pair for music.

r314bd

Reaction score
Thought I'd check in again since I've had this dock for a few weeks now...boy is this thing worth it. I use it every single day...just slide my phone in, plug in the tape adapter to the headphone jack and listen to some pandora or droidlive, and with the 2.1 news/weather widget on my home screen I periodically glance to see the latest news updates...downloaded an app called "car home speakerphone" which automatically turns on the speakerphone when in a call while in the car dock...and of course I never have to worry about the battery wearing out.

lovvvvvve it

Trooper

Reaction score
Thought I'd check in again since I've had this dock for a few weeks now...boy is this thing worth it. I use it every single day...just slide my phone in, plug in the tape adapter to the headphone jack and listen to some pandora or droidlive, and with the 2.1 news/weather widget on my home screen I periodically glance to see the latest news updates...downloaded an app called "car home speakerphone" which automatically turns on the speakerphone when in a call while in the car dock...and of course I never have to worry about the battery wearing out.

lovvvvvve it

WOW!!!!! I didn't know about droidlive, This kicks some serious ♪♫!!!!!

r314bd

Reaction score
I know! It's awesome :)

(pro tip: go into settings and disable that annoying bouncing ball sound)

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
I know! It's awesome :)

(pro tip: go into settings and disable that annoying bouncing ball sound)
Pro tip? bringing back the old GamePro Mag or nintendo power lingo? At least thats what I think of when I hear "pro tip". :)

I do like the day it slides into the doc as well. thats a neat app that kicks the speaker on acutomatically. My radio switched over when a call comes in as long as i'm using the bluetooth. My times I use my Jawbone headset though

What is Droid Live?