Seidio Innotraveler car dock

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and ordered a Innotraveler along with an extended battery. Looks like the Car Kit is on back order, here's hoping it doesn't take too long to receive wither one, and that the extended battery works out...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So does anyone know if this will work with the Verizon hard case that comes in the case/holster combo???

twheats1

Reaction score
So does anyone know if this will work with the Verizon hard case that comes in the case/holster combo???

I'm trying to get an answer for this question as well. I sent an email to Seidio last night, but I have not gotten any response from them yet. If/when I do I'll post the answer.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Mine took almost 2 weeks before I got it. I ordered a whole slew of stuff along with this from the holster, innocase, and 2 additional dock kits. This thing is much bigger than the moto dock, but 'feels' more sturdy. The charger doesn't always stay snug in the power socket like my iGo charger did. Also, it was very difficult to get this dock to angle up and down. The swivel back and forth was fine, but the teeth, even after loosening a ton on both sides, was very difficult to move.

All in all, a decent product. I expected a little better overall experience, but it's all said and done.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Says these are on back order until March 16th, so I'm going to wait before I order one. I want to get a good dock that will let me keep my case on, and I just ordered Seido Case and their home dock, so hopefully this will all mesh together well. Sounds like there are some major malfunctions with the car dock, glad I haven't ordered it yet, looking forward to see how they resolve these issues, or if.

r314bd

Reaction score
I haven't had any malfunction issues with my car dock, for what it's worth

Trooper

Reaction score

I'm trying to get an answer for this question as well. I sent an email to Seidio last night, but I have not gotten any response from them yet. If/when I do I'll post the answer.

If your referring to the case w/holster made by Amzer, sold at Verizon, then I am happy to say that yes, it fits like a glove!! In both the Seidio car & home docks...

I took the plunge and ordered both without knowing for sure, but was very pleased with the results.

Especially when one can get the Amzer case/holster for 1/3 the price than the Seidio on the bay...

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Says these are on back order until March 16th, so I'm going to wait before I order one. I want to get a good dock that will let me keep my case on, and I just ordered Seido Case and their home dock, so hopefully this will all mesh together well. Sounds like there are some major malfunctions with the car dock, glad I haven't ordered it yet, looking forward to see how they resolve these issues, or if.

Yeah, I noticed that after my order. Bummer, I hope it doesn't take too long to fill because I used my current car dock all the time. and if I don't have the new seidio car dock when my extended battery arrives, I may have to wait to start using it.:icon_rolleyes:

Rento

Reaction score
I think I ordered the last one on this site lol, this site had them for the cheapest since shipping was only like 4.25

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If your referring to the case w/holster made by Amzer, sold at Verizon, then I am happy to say that yes, it fits like a glove!! In both the Seidio car & home docks...

I took the plunge and ordered both without knowing for sure, but was very pleased with the results.

Especially when one can get the Amzer case/holster for 1/3 the price than the Seidio on the bay...

Thanks for the info. Glad someone else played guinea pig.

jmtudor

Reaction score
Seido Car Dock installation

In case you go down the Kuda car mount path, below are my sources for the various pieces. The options below provide excellent solution to swivel mount on the dash, not a windsheild mount. My main objective was to find a mount made for the Droid that utilizes the battery polarity built into the Droid, to allow a clean mount without having to plug in a cable every time (charging prong built into the mount), and avoid windshield mounting because of the clutter but also because of vibration and reach. Item #2 is optional (item 3 also swivels) but item #2 compared to #3 is the difference between a rolls Royce and a yaris, IMO.

1. Kuda Car mount at www.kudausa.com for your particular car model.

2. BJH Comfort Mount at http://www.celltechsolutions.net/comfort-mount-p-1826.html?osCsid=pmiibnlmv5infkcgmrc2st15t6
a. Important to get this version, unmount the top plate (4 screws) and use the center machine screw underneath to mount the Richter 4-prong mount obtained from ProClip (item 3 below). There is another version of this comfort mount that does not include the top plate, you don't want that one because you need the center screw that comes with the plate to install item #3.

3. Get the 4-prong Richter Vehicle mount from http://www.proclipusa.com/store/products/4-prong-%28richter%29-mounting-plate-with-tilt-swivel-215058.aspx and unscrew the top plate (4 screws, use this top plate and install via the center screw to the BJH Comfort Mount (item 2 above). The BJH Comfort mount is well worth the money, very solid construction and the baseplate tension adjuster makes it well worth it.

4. Get the Innotraveler Car Kit from http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/ck17mtddc03.htm. This is a beast but it is very well made and, unlike the Seido desktop docking station it fits the Droid like a glove, allows you to slide mount with ease (the charging prong fits precisely, unlike the desktop cradle) and has the benefit of an extra external USB port that can power an additional device. The BJH Comfort mount also includes a cable hook that allows cable to route back to the car. This unit comes with a windshield mount which I discarded. The base case will mount using the 4-prong Richter attachment from item 3 above.

The Seido mount accommodates the Seido Innocase protector and also, should you choose, the optional Seido extended life battery (which includes a backplate replacement to the standard Droid). That was the other reason for going with Seido because they offer a complete solution that includes a protector case, desktop cradle, car mount cradle that are all designed to fit. However, the holster clip mount for the Seido is not to my liking. The best holster mount is the standard from Verizon/moto that also includes a better case protector (combined protector/holster clip is $24.95). You can get the Verizon holster/clip and if you use the Innocase protector case it will fit perfectly in the Moto holster clip.

Trooper

Reaction score
The best holster mount is the standard from Verizon/moto that also includes a better case protector (combined protector/holster clip is $24.95). You can get the Verizon holster/clip and if you use the Innocase protector case it will fit perfectly in the Moto holster clip.

You can find this case/holster combo on the bay for $11.95 w/ free shipping.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

twheats1

Reaction score
[/quote]

Especially when one can get the Amzer case/holster for 1/3 the price than the Seidio on the bay...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. My email to Seidio came back as a "failure notice", so yours is the info I'll go on.

Devindroid

Reaction score
Have had my innotraveler for a week, ended up not using the window bracket on my 02 avalanche, run the cord out of plug in up into dash and out the top, used two sided tape to secure the dock to the top of dash, looks like a pro did it...I am also having problems with my one and only (droid) not charging in the car dock. Have sent a note to Seidio and hope to get situation corrected. will update later.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
In case you go down the Kuda car mount path, below are my sources for the various pieces...

Nice setup. Do you have any pictures? I do not like the Kuda mounts for my vehicles and I will use Pro-Clip or Panavise, but the rest is exactly how I have mine planned. I'm just wondering what it might look like with the Kuda mount, since those seem shaped for vertical mounting.