Seidio Innotraveler car dock

Deandroid

Reaction score
T505 Cable - Seidio Dock

Also, I just got the Motorola T505 bluetooth visor device with built-in FM transmitter and I must say that it and the Seidio dock work great together. Plus no more plugging in the tape adapter cable every time I dock. The T505 actually came with a motorola mini-usb cable, and after examining the cable I found the specs to be:
Sallda4,75-5,25Vcc
0-650mA
-------------------
Entrada:10,8-33Vcc
0-450mA

I used the T505 cable on my Seidio dock and it worked very well - the phone charged even with NAV running, although I have yet to try it for more than a one-hour drive.

Also, I did get a replacement charger from Motorola that works much better . Looking at the specs, it has a 1 A (1000 mA) output. For the charging issues, I think Seidio just undersized their adaptor with the early shipments.

I agree that the Moto T505 (Moto Rockr) is a FANTASTIC addition to the Seidio car dock. It is one of the least expensive stereo bluetooth car adaptors, and it does absolutely everything I want it to.

So my remaining problem is that its hard to get the phone to sit well in the dock. Maybe someday Seidio will fix that issue as well...

BKS

Reaction score
Also, I just got the Motorola T505 bluetooth visor device with built-in FM transmitter and I must say that it and the Seidio dock work great together. Plus no more plugging in the tape adapter cable every time I dock. The T505 actually came with a motorola mini-usb cable, and after examining the cable I found the specs to be:
Sallda4,75-5,25Vcc
0-650mA
-------------------
Entrada:10,8-33Vcc
0-450mA

I used the T505 cable on my Seidio dock and it worked very well - the phone charged even with NAV running, although I have yet to try it for more than a one-hour drive.

Also, I did get a replacement charger from Motorola that works much better . Looking at the specs, it has a 1 A (1000 mA) output. For the charging issues, I think Seidio just undersized their adaptor with the early shipments.

I agree that the Moto T505 (Moto Rockr) is a FANTASTIC addition to the Seidio car dock. It is one of the least expensive stereo bluetooth car adaptors, and it does absolutely everything I want it to.

So my remaining problem is that its hard to get the phone to sit well in the dock. Maybe someday Seidio will fix that issue as well...

Question:

Sorry...A bit off topic but,

My GMC Sierra truck has Bluetooth and is synched to my Droid for phone calls. Would it be beneficial for me to add the T505 in order to allow music to be played through my trucks speakers from my Droid? Would this hamper my current Bluetooth link for voice calls? Or is there a better way for me to play music in my truck from my Droid?

AquaDan88

Reaction score
I've got two main issues with the dock.

My first is that when driving over 65 on the highway, the whole dock rattles and is almost impossible for me to view the screen clearly. It moves about 5mm in each direction, and no matter how hard I attempt to attach the suction up to the windshield, it still shakes. I've also tried it in a few different cars. Same issue in each.

My next is the whole keyboard thing. I'm thinking that its both a Seidio and Android issue. When I was running 2.0.1, I could get the keyboard fine, but now with 2.1, its a no go. However, when using the stock Motorola dock, or when just placing the phone in the cradle without pushing it in all the way, I get the keyboard as well.

Does anyone know of any good vehicle mounts that I could modify to work with the cradle part of the Seidio dock, or just a good universal mount that I could modify with a magnet to boot into car dock mode. The car dock mode isn't a big deal, but its still pretty cool. Lol

mstef66

Reaction score
I've got two main issues with the dock.

My first is that when driving over 65 on the highway, the whole dock rattles and is almost impossible for me to view the screen clearly. It moves about 5mm in each direction, and no matter how hard I attempt to attach the suction up to the windshield, it still shakes. I've also tried it in a few different cars. Same issue in each.

My next is the whole keyboard thing. I'm thinking that its both a Seidio and Android issue. When I was running 2.0.1, I could get the keyboard fine, but now with 2.1, its a no go. However, when using the stock Motorola dock, or when just placing the phone in the cradle without pushing it in all the way, I get the keyboard as well.

Does anyone know of any good vehicle mounts that I could modify to work with the cradle part of the Seidio dock, or just a good universal mount that I could modify with a magnet to boot into car dock mode. The car dock mode isn't a big deal, but its still pretty cool. Lol

Try RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.
They have almost anything you need.

Mike

Droid_2010

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Sorry I've taken so long, but my friend and I have been busy ordering, testing, RMA'ing, different cables. And after a bunch of different tests you aren't going to believe which cable absolutely crushes the others. At least it surprised me. Maybe some of you won't be too surprised. The cable in question would not have even been tested except my friend went on a little trip and her sedio cable (which does not work as well as my Seidio cable) wasn't holding up so she pulled the phone out of the dock and used her "regular" cable. By that I thought she meant her Motorola OEM Droid charger that I had her order a while back. But it wasn't. When she got back and I went over to see if my seido cable worked better in her dock than her seidio cable(which it did) I had her show me the cable that "really did well" and was her "regular" charger. It was a VERIZON Micro USB Cable:icon_eek:, and luckily one that I had also purchased when I bought my droid at the Verizon store(but never used and at this point didn't know yet if my cable at home was the same as hers). After seeing how well this cable performed directly plugged into the phone (awesome), I decided to get an adapter and see if there really was something "inside" the dock that would hamper any cable no matter what, as some have mentioned.(which I will go ahead and tell you there isn't).

I went to radio shack and got a Mini Usb to Micro Usb adapter. They said I was lucky as it was a new product that they just started carrying. The adapter is very small and is gold plated. It was $12.00, and came in a case that cleanly pops open and closes, so it would be easy to try it and if it didn't work put it back in the package and return it.

I took the adapter to my friends house and we popped the adapter on the verizon charger and then stuck the cable into her Seidio dock. We then docked her phone and it was at 50%. We took off driving and she immediately turned on GPS and we picked a place to Navigate to and got turn by turn going, then she opened pandora and got it playing songs. Plus she was talking to someone on her bluetooth earpiece almost the entire time. In 14 minutes under this load the phone went from 50% to 70%. I couldn't believe how powerful this cable was. And after she saw the charge level she got a BIG smile on her face:) which quickly changed to a frown :( when we got back to her house and I pulled MY adapter off her cable and rushed to my house to make sure my Verizon cable was the same as hers.(Which it was) She later went to Radio shack and they were sold out, but after a few days she was able to purchase one, so she's happy now.:icon_ banana:

I've been very busy lately and have not had time to do any 21 minute experiments to keep with what I had done in previous posts, but I don't see the point. No cable we tested, and we tested many, can come anywhere near this cable in terms of its power thru the dock(or direct to phone). Yes, the T305 charger cable and the T505 charger cable are among the MANY we tested. I've got multiple RMA's for cables and have already returned many others.

In terms of doing 21 minute tests like I did in my previous post, I probably won't do any, unless I get some more free time. I have been using the dock daily and the cable continues to amaze me. It makes the dock much more useful. This cable with adapter with this Seidio dock is awesome. If you put the phone in the dock and manually shut the screen down (because you're mainly putting in the dock for charging, not navigation, etc..) it is even more awesome in terms of how fast it charges the phone.

Anyway, I wanted to share this info. with you all, so below are some pics with arrows pointing to the model number info. Also, I will put another link to the adapter HERE. The one pic shows the model number information for the Verizon cable. Also, this Verizon cable glows red when plugged in. (SEE PIC FOR MODEL# INFO OF CABLE)

I am now VERY VERY happy with this setup, however all the trouble we went thru just to get a product to do what it was supposed to do from the beginning doesn't make Seidio look very good. Because on top of the cost of the dock I had to spend $12.00 for the adapter, and buy another cable (I actually already owned it and cannot remember how much I paid for it) You should be able to find the Verizon cable at any Verizon store or maybe search the web?

Hope this information helps somebody, and saves them from all the trouble we went thru.

r314bd

Reaction score
I have two Innotraveler docks for two Moto Droids we have in the family. The one in my car has worked perfectly since day 1 several months ago; the second one I had to send back for a replacement since the microUSB in the dock was misaligned so my Droid wouldn't fit in comfortably.

I also run TempMonitor and noticed that the Droid would get quite hot being in that direct sunlight, and after getting to 120ish degrees would stop charging...so now if I get over 104 I just turn on my front defogger to high at max cool which pushes cool air up behind the dock and gets it down below 104F after a few minutes so it keeps charging

Just in case any of you are having non-charging issues, it could be because of the overheating...try turning on your front defogger at max cool

Droid_2010

Reaction score
Any chance you could shoot some pics from the back/side showing how it is mounted. I'm getting mine this week and am looking for ideas.

Better late than never....:) here is a pic of how I attached the tape (if you want to call it that) to the back of the dock. You saw the images of how it looked attached to the dash, some of the strips(at least one) was not making contact because of the shape of the dash, etc.. When I removed the dock, it came off cleanly. No residue of any type was left behind. Like it was never there. I highly recommend this "tape".(See my previous posts for more info)

Bohemian

Reaction score
My 2nd Seido car dock has gone bad and is going back to see if a 3rd might work. Both failed at the power plug to phone. The plugs got pushed back into the plastic that is suppose to hold them so there is no connection to phone so no power.

r314bd

Reaction score
Currently, there's a bug that basically prevents the software keyboard from being useable at all unless you slide the Motorola Droid's Hardware keyboard out while in the Seidio Car Dock. For giggles, a Verizon wireless rep let me test out the official Motorola Dock to see if the software keyboard works while the phone was in it's dock. Lo and behold, the software keyboard works just fine.

The issue is the location of the magnet.

Just started having this problem last week. I submitted a warranty claim to Seidio and will keep you posted on the response.

JakeM

Reaction score
Does this mount cover up the camera? I'm am a avid Autocross/Roadcourse/Drag Strip racer and I need a car mount that doesn't block the camera so as to get video's driving around the the track.

r314bd

Reaction score
Does this mount cover up the camera? I'm am a avid Autocross/Roadcourse/Drag Strip racer and I need a car mount that doesn't block the camera so as to get video's driving around the the track.

No it doesn't, but you would probably have to use the dashboard mount rather than the windshield mount because the windshield mount would obstruct part of the camera's view.