Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery, how much a difference?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I love this phone but the battery sucks, and doing all these tricks and turning off all these options to save power isn't going to cut it and I'm willing to buy the battery I mentioned in the title.

How much of an improvement should I expect ? Would I be able to use it heavily all day and still not need to charge at the end of the day ?

If you are using the mentioned battery please let me know

kmo

Reaction score
Probably 25%-30% more, according to the findings of others who posted re:this particular battery (Seidio 1750mAh.)

BzB

Reaction score
i've had the seidio slim extended 1750mah battery for about 3 days now. don't have an exact scientific measurement, but i seem to be getting around 2.5 to 3 hours more up time before the charging indicator comes on vs the stock battery.

in addition to the extra battery life i like the fact that it keeps the slim form factor and uses the stock battery door.

if you're a heavy user you may want to wait for the 2150mah battery from vzw or the 3500 monster from seidio. i believe both of these batteries require the larger battery door.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
so 1750mah is the largest size battery without having a larger door?

akamurph

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday... Did the initial charge last night and I'm now going on 18 hours and I'm at 15% left in the battery. They say that the battery will get better after 4-5 charges. I don't know how to specifically say how much I used the phone today, but I've been doing emails all day, texting, listened to some Pandora radio and played a game for about an hour (I'm sure that drained it a bunch).

For me that's pretty good! ...Hope this helps

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
When you get the battery, do you need to drain it all the way the first time you use it or did you just use it as normal out of the box

atthehop

Reaction score
Charged mine last night and installed it this morning. Batteryidal time shows 156 hours. We will see if it lasts more than the standard battery which was lasting me from 6am until 8pm. Not a heavy user and it was just idle all day in the office.

zero7404

Reaction score
where is this battery available ? don't see it in seidio's online store ....

dave4100

Reaction score
where is this battery available ? don't see it in seidio's online store ....

This is in the Incredible forum, not the droid forum. There isn't and probably won't be a 1750 size battery for thd droid. Seems its a hardware problem they can't resolve. I read that somewhere, can't remember exactly where though.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Charged mine last night and installed it this morning. Batteryidal time shows 156 hours. We will see if it lasts more than the standard battery which was lasting me from 6am until 8pm. Not a heavy user and it was just idle all day in the office.

let us know

solorca

Reaction score
I've had the 1750mah version for about 4 days, and I'm getting probably 20-30% more, as others have mentioned. On average, with maybe 1 1/2 - 2 hours or internet browsing, playing games, or messing with random apps, 2 hours of DroidLive or RadioTime usage (streaming radio), and probably 20-30 texts, I'm ending the day with about 30% battery life (I rarely make phone calls, so it's probably no more than 10-20 minutes of phone calls). On the OEM battery, this usage would drain my battery at the very end of the day.

The one thing that does continue with this battery however is the quick drop to 90%. When the phone is still on the charger and showing fully charged (showing 4220mv), I will take it off the charger and it will immediately drop to just under 4100mv. As such, the drop from 100% to 85-90% will happen in about 20 minutes with little to no usage. After that point, it's a slow and steady drop throughout the day. It appears that the HTC firmware is shorting us all of about 10% of our battery life on a daily basis based on the way the charger works with the phone.