Seidio / Innocase -- D2 Case and Docking Station?

SDCA_DUDE

Reaction score
All-

I have 2 Droid 2s...we're looking for a thin hard case for the phones that can be dropped into a media/dock charger without taking the case off.

Two questions:
1) Seidio's Innocase & Media Station were designed together so you can drop your DROID 1 into the charging cradle without taking the case off. Does anyone know if it's compatible with the Droid 2

2) Any other recommendations of a thin case for the DROID 2 that can be used with the media/charging cradle?

Thanks!

Kamokazi

Reaction score
Seidio is the only one I know of that designs a dock and case to work together. I am not aware of any others, but it is likely some combinations of a thin case and loose dock would work...the problem is it would take a lot of trial and error.

Also, the Droid 2 is different from the Droid 1 enough that any form-fitting case will not work. So you will need to wait for Seidio to release an updated case specifically for the D2.

sweetee

Reaction score
I actually spoke with Seidio on Friday last week and they said they currently don't have plans for the Droid 2 case but that I was welcome to order the Droid 1 case to see if it fit....ha ha ha

Anyway, they gave me an e mail address (that doesn't work [email protected]) to send my comments to and that they would consider making a Droid 2 case based on the responses they got.

For now I'm just using the Verizon holster cover combo until something better becomes available.

mikeroscope

Reaction score
I actually spoke with Seidio on Friday last week and they said they currently don't have plans for the Droid 2 case but that I was welcome to order the Droid 1 case to see if it fit....ha ha ha

I called them today to ask when their case for the Droid 2 would be coming out. She said it was in developement not production. That made me think they were planning on it. You said they told you they aren't even going to make a case? Thats a shame.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score

Anyway, they gave me an e mail address (that doesn't work [email protected]) to send my comments to and that they would consider making a Droid 2 case based on the responses they got.

For now I'm just using the Verizon holster cover combo until something better becomes available.

Sounds like they want your money now.

I kinda want their battery, the 2800mah one, but I don't want a black cover from the D1. I wonder if their battery will fit under a D2 extended cover...

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Sounds like they want your money now

I wish that were the case. I've tried to pry an answer out of anyone from Seidio and been told everything from "We're not making one." to "We're making an announcement next week." (They didn't).

I guess I could understand a small company like this debating whether or not they'd invest in a case, but whoever is in charge of their PR (contact emails/Facebook Fan Page) has very little to say.

m42technic

Reaction score
Just emailed about Seidio about a D2 case before I saw this thread. Told them they would have one guaranteed customer if they did.

pulptastic

Reaction score
The official Motorola car dock can hold their brand case (and possibly others). It has a removable sleeve to fit a D1, D2, or D1/2 in a case.

[video=youtube;frI7nhUCaWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frI7nhUCaWg]YouTube - Motorola Droid 2 Car Dock Review[/video]

scottrwood

Reaction score
Sweet. I'll have to check this out. Was using the Seidio for my D1, so was hoping for the new case/dock combo soon - but if the stock D2 carmount will handle with a case, "case" solved.

:)

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Seeing how nicely my old D1 Seidio case fit on a friends phone this weekend has made me even more anxious for an announcement.

The bit of play around the camera on this Rocketfish case is pretty bad, and a great deal more annoying than I initially thought.

mrosen38

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 with the Seidio case, Seidio car dock and Motorola Multimedia Dock. I'm getting the Droid 2 tomorrow and will try different combinations with the docks and cases.

At the Verizon store I put the back of the Droid 1 case on a Droid 2 and it still fit in the Seidio car dock but was snug. The top case will obviously not work without heavy modification. Does anyone know of a 1mm thick case for the Droid 2? If I can find one thin enough I'll give it a try.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Welp, I'm basically at a point where I don't know with whom I am more disgusted: Seidio, or myself.

I've basically heard every story under the Sun from folks with Seidio - all of them promising more information "next week" or "in the next few days", or that "we're making an announcement next Friday at eleventy-twelve o'clock", and all of it as has been utter bull****. I'd rather someone just straight up tell me "I don't know what our plans are."

And yet if and when they do release a D2 case, I'll probably buy it - because they fit ****ing phenomenally.

Just pitiful. Otterbox has been no better.

Excitable Boy

Reaction score
I've had Seidio cases and/or holsters for a couple phones now including my D1. AS far as I can tell, they're the best.

I got my D2 last night and can tell you for sure that a D1 case will not fit correctly. I ended up buying the Verizon hard case to hold me over until Seidio gets one to market as it's clearly inferior to a Seidio case to me. It's VERY bright blue, but fortunately, is slim enough that it fits in my Seidio D1 holster securely.