Seidio Extended Battery

windstrings

Reaction score
hideous... multiple chargers ftmfw.... one at home, one at work, one at the GFs, one in the car.. or just bring your charger with you whereever you go.. but would never rock that huge battery.. that just kills the sleekness of the droid completely..

but, to each his own..

Charger is the same since it merely hooks into your phone.
If your talking about the cradle, Seidio sells those too that are compatible with the extended battery being on the phone.

I ran my extended down to 5% yesterday, got in my car and headed home... thats about a 50 minute drive... when I got home I was at 70%..... not bad for charge time!.... I expect that may not be accurate but nevertheless its what the phone said.

BTW... current droid "2.01" firmware does not show percentage of the extended battery with the same accuracy as the standard...... no big deal as it seems close enough.

Apparently the charger can deliver the amps needed to charge the extended battery just as fast as the standard.
All it does is hit it with voltage, then based on the resistance of the battery, the amperage passes.
As long as the charger can maintain that amperage the voltage remains stable and the amperage passes.... seems it works like a charm.

Don't ask me about 3rd party chargers.

Last edited:
OP
masterxchief

masterxchief

Reaction score
I have now been using the Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery for almost 2 weeks now. I am very satisfied with the results. The battery lasts about two days of with moderate usage before needing to be charged again. Moderate usage for me was a few hours of surfing the web on 3G, half hour or so of playing Jewels, an hour of SNesoid, 50 texts, some emails, and short phone calls. Throwing in some navigation and music playback cut the battery life to about 1.5 days. One of the annoying issues of having an extended battery is that the battery gauge is never correct. I ran the battery down to about 20% (according to the Batterylife widget), restarted the phone and had 60% charge left on the battery. I guess the phone needs to go through a few more cycles to become calibrated with the extended battery (if that’s possible). The life of the battery is amazing and would get any heavy Droid user through an entire day before recharging.

I know many Droid users have been complaining about how much the battery protrudes from the back of the Droid and I can definitely say that it is not really that big of an issue. When I hold the phone, the extended battery fits into the palm of my hand and never bothers me. I carry the phone in my front pant pocket and the extended battery doesn’t bother me one bit. If you wear those skinny jeans or tight jeans, I can see the extended battery causing issues in getting your Droid in and out of your pocket.

I really think that if you are one of those Droid users that is constantly using the phone for games, web browsing, music, or whatever it may be, this battery is a must have. With it you can forget worrying about if you will have enough charge to make it through the day.

windstrings

Reaction score
I really think that if you are one of those Droid users that is constantly using the phone for games, web browsing, music, or whatever it may be, this battery is a must have. With it you can forget worrying about if you will have enough charge to make it through the day.

yesterday after working for 12 hours, I turned on my tv.com and watch David letterman flicks all the way home as the audio streamed to my sound system through bluetooth..... very cool!... made my drive much more enjoyable!

Yes, I could have plugged it in... but I wanted to see how much abuse the battery could take..... I got home about 8pm and left it on TV and it was at about 5% then.. it took till near midnight before it finally died.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know many Droid users have been complaining about how much the battery protrudes from the back of the Droid and I can definitely say that it is not really that big of an issue.
It's really going to depend on how each person uses his/her Droid. It's certainly an issue for existing cases, docks, etc.

OP
masterxchief

masterxchief

Reaction score
Ya I know everyone wont be comfortable with the bump but pictures make it look bigger thatn it really is.

windstrings

Reaction score
Ya I know everyone wont be comfortable with the bump but pictures make it look bigger thatn it really is.

I agree.. when I first put mine on, I thought to myself "thats not bad at all"

At the right angle, a pic can turn a pimple into a mole hill!

"thats one step lower than making a mountain out of a mole hill!

windstrings

Reaction score
Ran mine down to 70% and rebooted by doing shift, alt, del and when it came back up I'm now at 90%.... definitely some firmware funkiness with the extended battery.

windstrings

Reaction score
Ran mine down to 70% and rebooted by doing shift, alt, del and when it came back up I'm now at 90%.... definitely some firmware funkiness with the extended battery.

I've had this happen on the stock battery before.

That battery holds up great... you just can't go by the battery meter on the phone.... mine ran down to 50% yesterday... a simply reboot brought it back up to 80% and when I finally went to bed around 11pm last night it was only down to 70%.... so I went all day long and only ran it to 70%.. but if I hadn't rebooted I would have looked like much less.

Which one do I believe?.... the higher because everyone that has ran thiers down to "dead" has gotten 4 - 6 hours more life under heavy load "after" it hits 5%.

Too bad someone won't make an app that factors in all the differences to give an accurate readout.... maybe thats impossible till the firmware gets updated.

windstrings

Reaction score
If the subject of this thread wasn't apparent enough, how about checking out the first post? :icon_eek:
hahahah wow I totally didn't see the brand I was linking I'm ........ an idiot :mad:

:work3: LOL!!!!!!...... Thats ok... none of us have never made a mistake.... so you should be horsewhipped! :icon_censored:

P.S.... thank God for the Edit function!.. I've used it many times!

dverplank

Reaction score
This is one of the funniest threads I have read! Thanks for the input on this battery, I wanted one but was not sure if it would be too big.