Seidio desktop cradle pre orders

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
My main complaint is how hard it is to get it to slide into the dock.
Feels like it will break the connector.
Haven't been able to figure out the sweet spot.

Strange...some people seem to have these issues. Works fine for me.

This dock looks like it would work with the similar style snap on leather case sold by verizon. Just how 'exact' is the fit to the seido case? I have the leather snap on 2 peice case from Verizon that I like alot and would like to get the cradle without buying a new case?

Fits VERY snug (edges....the back as a bit of room I assume is for their extended battery which I do not have). Otherwise very little room for a bigger case, and the innocase is quite slim compared to others.

Murz

Reaction score

I just use the edge/back of the dock as my guide. I basically rest it against the edge as I slide it down into the dock. Mine works perfect like that.

Snagtooth

Reaction score
My new dock will only charge my phone when I use the original charger that came with the phone. It won't charge with the Seidio travel charger they sent with it?

WARNING FOR ALL SEIDIO DOCK USERS!

You may indeed have a defective charger and should take care trying to use it unattended. I came home from being gone all day and had left the cradle plugged in via the travel charger (minus the phone). When I docked the phone late last night, I noticed it was not charging. Upon closer inspection I noticed the travel charger appeared to have stopped working and when I reached to unplug it from the wall - found it extremely hot! I can only assume it has overheated and burned up because it will no longer work. I resorted to using the originally Motorola charger with the dock and so far this appears to be working fine and with not overheating issues.

My concern here is obviously this can be a real fire hazard and left unattended could be disastrous under the right circumstances. So my advice to others is keep a diligent eye on the travel charger until you are comfortable it is working safely. Myself, I will contact Seidio via phone tomorrow and ask for partial refund or credit towards the Car Kit. Don't get me wrong, I still love the cradle, but I don't trust the debatable quality of the Made in China Travel Charger that comes with it and will stick with the OEM charger for now.

Snagtooth

Reaction score

I just use the edge/back of the dock as my guide. I basically rest it against the edge as I slide it down into the dock. Mine works perfect like that.

Same here, that has been the sweet spot for me as well.

lcollins

Reaction score
My new dock will only charge my phone when I use the original charger that came with the phone. It won't charge with the Seidio travel charger they sent with it?

WARNING FOR ALL SEIDIO DOCK USERS!

You may indeed have a defective charger and should take care trying to use it unattended. I came home from being gone all day and had left the cradle plugged in via the travel charger (minus the phone). When I docked the phone late last night, I noticed it was not charging. Upon closer inspection I noticed the travel charger appeared to have stopped working and when I reached to unplug it from the wall - found it extremely hot! I can only assume it has overheated and burned up because it will no longer work. I resorted to using the originally Motorola charger with the dock and so far this appears to be working fine and with not overheating issues.

My concern here is obviously this can be a real fire hazard and left unattended could be disastrous under the right circumstances. So my advice to others is keep a diligent eye on the travel charger until you are comfortable it is working safely. Myself, I will contact Seidio via phone tomorrow and ask for partial refund or credit towards the Car Kit. Don't get me wrong, I still love the cradle, but I don't trust the debatable quality of the Made in China Travel Charger that comes with it and will stick with the OEM charger for now.

My travel charger was extremely warm too now that I think about it. Thanks for the input.

Psosmith82

Reaction score
Anybody else gotten backorder notices from Seidio for this? I ordered mine last tuesday and got an email wednesday saying it was back ordered. It still says shipping now on the website, but mine has not shipped. I have been charged for it. Im going to be contacting them tomorrow.

dberthia

Reaction score
I've found mine slides on more easily if I tilt it toward the front while dropping it in.

RolandOG

Reaction score
Anybody else gotten backorder notices from Seidio for this? I ordered mine last tuesday and got an email wednesday saying it was back ordered. It still says shipping now on the website, but mine has not shipped. I have been charged for it. Im going to be contacting them tomorrow.

I got a backordered notice last week as well. Mine is currently listed as processing.

Dankinia

Reaction score
Mine is listed as processing right now as well. I ordered it on Thursday. I hope I don't get a back order notice.

RolandOG

Reaction score
I bought the cradle that doesn't come with a cable. I have a question about the OEM cable that comes with the Motorola Multimedia station. Does anyone know if the IC chip that keeps the battery from being over-charged is in the termination of the OEM cable or in the station itself? If not, I'm wondering if the Seidio charger has that protection built in.

whoster69

Reaction score
I bought the cradle that doesn't come with a cable. I have a question about the OEM cable that comes with the Motorola Multimedia station. Does anyone know if the IC chip that keeps the battery from being over-charged is in the termination of the OEM cable or in the station itself? If not, I'm wondering if the Seidio charger has that protection built in.

That is a great question. Anyone know?

Droidster163

Reaction score
I ordered mine Wed i believe and got a back order email on thursday. I didn't see the cradle and case offer they had going until today, i hope since it is backordered i can change my order to get the case and cradle. An extra $10 bux for a case isn't bad.

RJP3579

Reaction score
I've found mine slides on more easily if I tilt it toward the front while dropping it in.
Same for me.
Gotta check that travel charger now when I get home... :icon_eek:
I also purchased the kit because the OEM charger cord is way too short.

seidioseidio

Reaction score

shipping update from Seidio

All the backorders are being shipping out today (1/18) or tomorrow.

Thank you for the patience.

Seidio