Seidio Desktop Cradle & Innotraveler Car Kit

Discussion in 'Seidio' started by DougDroid, Jan 15, 2010.

1. DougDroid

DougDroid Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Houston, Texas – January 15, 2010 – Seidio, Inc., the leading developer and manufacturer of premium Smartphone accessories, is excited to announce the release of our Desktop Cradle and Innotraveler Car Kit for the Motorola Droid. Both of these products are compatible with our Innocases as well as our Extended Life Batteries.

Seidio’s convenient Desktop Cradle syncs and charges the Motorola Droid in landscape mode for better viewing and easy access to the sliding keyboard. It features Seidio’s signature soft touch coating and has a discreet LED power indicator on the front. The Desktop Cradle comes with a removable plate so that you can dock your Droid with or without an Innocase and is also
    compatible with our Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery. Like the OEM cradle, our Desktop Cradle activates the Droid’s Multimedia/Entertainment Mode while charging.

Our Innotraveler Car Kit has all the same great features of our Desktop Cradle but is made for use in the car so that you can keep your hands on the wheel! It activates the Droid’s Car/Navigation mode when in use and includes a cradle, suction cup pedestal, car charger, locking plate and Mini-USB (male) to USB (female) adapter. It also has a Mini-USB output so that you can charge external accessories such as a Bluetooth device.

The Desktop Cradle for the Motorola Droid retails for $24.95 and began shipping this week. The Innotraveler Car Kit retails for $49.95 and is expected to begin shipping the week of January 22nd. For more information on these and other great Seidio products, please visit www.seidioonline.com.

Founded in Houston, Texas in 2002, Seidio, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of premium Smartphone accessories. We’re a visionary company with a passion for innovation and an understanding of our customers’ needs.

[​IMG]

2. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great timing! they just sent me an email today telling me that my cradle is on back order :(

3. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Member

Ratings:
    +0

We had a limited quantity on hand this week, but are receiving more stock next week. We will get your order out to you ASAP - sorry for the delay!

Seidio

4. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks...i hope my cases are still on the way.i ordered them monday. :)

5. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just checked my order...says the cradle and the cases are "still processing"...since monday?:icon_eek: i can understand the cradle but not the cases.

6. Just Me

Just Me New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the case for the Droid and the cradle looks sweet, ........ But the Innotraveler looks like a brick! WAY too big for my taste. Any thoughts of putty that big boy on a diet?

7. bilmoko

bilmoko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my innotraveler car kit today. Looks really sturdy. But I am wondering why Seidio decided to use a mini USB instead of the micro USB that the Moto Droid uses.

8. isewise

isewise New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please post pictures of the Innotraveler dock attached to a windshield. It looks pretty beefy and huge, I don't want to order if it obstructs my view too much.

9. bilmoko

bilmoko New Member

Ratings:
    +0

In my opinion, the innotraveler is just a little bulkier than my old GPS. But, I love it because I do not have to take the case off every time I go for a drive.

View attachment 2729

:icon_ banana:

10. isewise

isewise New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting the picture. It isn't too big. I went ahead and ordered it. :)

11. dawgcasa

dawgcasa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone seen power drain using Seidio desktop charger

I'm having a problem with the Seidio desktop cradle/charger I just received. I plug my phone into it at night and it starts charging. No problem. At some point in the middle of the night the phone is fully charged, then by 4-5 AM the battery is drained completely. The phone dies, then sees it has power from the cradle, reboots, drains, dies, sees it has power, reboots ... until I wake up from the notification chime and pull it off the damn cradle.

If I disconnect the USB cable from the cradle and just charge directly to the USB cable everythings fine. It charges, stays charged to 100% until I disconnect in the AM when I wake up. Tried the cradle again ... same thing. Woke up to a dead battery and the phone rebooting over and over and over.

Any ideas?

12. liggittm

liggittm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering if either of these will work with non-Seidio cases...I got the rubberized hard case that Vzon sells for the Droid, and I am curious if anyone else has tried using that case with either of these docks. I'm especially interested in the car dock, as I'd love to use my Droid as a GPS, but there's no way I'm going to mess with it if I have to take the case off every time.

Of course, I could just break down and buy the Seidio case...but I'd prefer to go the frugal route and use what I already bought. :)