Seidio Case

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I doubt they'll take note as they can't manufacture a dock that would accommodate every case out there the customer may use. Seidio makes it work because there's only one case they have to design for.

Good Point, but they could at least make it that way for their own "standard" cases like Sedio is doing.

Stormwing

Reaction score
No scuffing or scratching...but don't expect to take it off with ease. It's designed to stay on and not move about....and that's exactly what it does.
But would it be too much of a hassle or too risky if I were to take it off relatively frequently to swap sd cards?

cisco0910

Reaction score
Looks like they're taking pre-orders now for the black innocase. I had their case and clip for my iPhone - best case I've ever had for a phone. Needless to say, I've pre-ordered the case and clip combo.

Seidio has a "case and clip combo"? I don't see it on there website. Can you clarify please. Because i'm really considering this case but i don't want to put it in my pocket. I currently have the case/holster combo i got from VZW but i want a Seidio case/clip or case holster combo version...

Anybody else know if there is such a thing by Seidio

Also, somebody post if they seen in a store where they sell a Seidio case for the motoDroid. Thanks

Shel

Reaction score
Seidio has a "case and clip combo"? I don't see it on there website. Can you clarify please. Because i'm really considering this case but i don't want to put it in my pocket. I currently have the case/holster combo i got from VZW but i want a Seidio case/clip or case holster combo version...

Thanks

If you're talking about a case/hoster combo, yes, Seidio does offer that, they always have for other devices.

And... their holster is among the best! Easy in, easy out!

There is a tab at the top of the holster, you simply place the bottom of the Droid/device in the bottom of the holster, then gently press the top of the device so that the top clip raises and allows the device to go in. The top clip then comes down, holding the phone securely in place.

Screen faces in, towards soft felt type fabric for protection.

HLMTDDAS-2.jpg

cisco0910

Reaction score

Thanks

If you're talking about a case/hoster combo, yes, Seidio does offer that, they always have for other devices.

There is a tab at the top of the holster, you simply place the bottom of the Droid/device in the bottom of the holster, then gently press the top of the device so that the top clip raises and allows the device to go in. The top clip then comes down, holding the phone securely in place.

HLMTDDAS-2.jpg

Oh cool! Awesome actually, lol. Where'd you get this pic from the seidioonline.com website? How much is it. They should sell this with the case as a $29.99 package. If i have to pay $29.99 for case then another $15 or something for the holster, then i think that's too much.

cisco0910

Reaction score

Thanks

HLMTDDAS-2.jpg

Oh cool! Awesome actually, lol. Where'd you get this pic from the seidioonline.com website? How much is it. They should sell this with the case as a $29.99 package. If i have to pay $29.99 for case then another $15 or something for the holster, then i think that's too much.

I just looked in there website, it is sold seperately! $29.99 each total of $60!?!?! Would love to have but i can't. 10% off is only $6 off too.

rtacemery

Reaction score
I'm another one that would like to see/feel the case before ordering one, but perhaps those that have already gotten one can answer the question I have:

How does it attach to the phone? If there are tabs on the case that "hug" the phone to hold it in place, how do they not interfere with the sliding of the keyboard? If the tabs are so thin that they don't interfere (especially with each other; both halves would need them), could they easily break off? I'm just trying to figure out how it attaches securely, and that it doesn't use any kind of adhesive.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Shel

Reaction score
I'm another one that would like to see/feel the case before ordering one, but perhaps those that have already gotten one can answer the question I have:

How does it attach to the phone? If there are tabs on the case that "hug" the phone to hold it in place, how do they not interfere with the sliding of the keyboard? If the tabs are so thin that they don't interfere (especially with each other; both halves would need them), could they easily break off? I'm just trying to figure out how it attaches securely, and that it doesn't use any kind of adhesive.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Rick
I can answer some of your questions, but I haven't received the Innocase for the Droid yet. It's been shipped.

I did have the Innocase for my now departed G1, and they are basically the same (other then obviously one being designed for G1, the other for the Droid)

The case uses very small clips to attach it to the Droid. I've read other posts from someone who has received their Droid case already, and he claims the case in NO WAY interfers with opening and closing the keyboard. Doesn't surprise me, as the case for the G1 also didn't interfer with the keyboard.

No adhesive... when you remove the case, your Droid will look exactly as it did when you put the Innocase on. Again, it's all held in place snuggly, with clips. It's a little difficult to remove, you just have to be careful, but it also doesn't pop off once you put it on, like other cases I've read about.

By the way, Seidio has EXCELLENT customer service! I was on another board, where someone complained about one of their Seidio cases, and a Seidio rep appeared (well, responded via post), and said that they had now redesigned the case because that issue had repeatedly appeared (this is for the Innocase for one of the Blackberries, NOT the Droid), and asked them to send them their order # and that they would replace the case, no charge, with one of the new designs! This is a rep responding, and offering to replace the Seidio case without even getting a CALL or e-mail complaint! Simply reading a post, they jumped in, and offered a free replacement!

They will NOT abandon you if/when you do get your case... I've had minor issues with some Seidio products, and they've always been great at taking care of problems.

Last edited:

Rudy

Reaction score
I should hopefully be getting mine today, and will let you know. It does look like they snap on, and can't forsee there being any adhesive of any kind. The point of the case is to preserve the original condition of the phone, an adhesive would seem to me to kill the whole point.

Seidio is known to be among the best in the business.

Rudy

Reaction score
By the way, Seidio has EXCELLENT customer service! I was on another board, where someone complained about one of their Seidio cases, and a Seidio rep appeared (well, responded via post), and said that they had now redesigned the case because that issue had repeatedly appeared (this is for the Innocase for one of the Blackberries, NOT the Droid), and asked them to send them their order # and that they would replace the case, no charge, with one of the new designs! This is a rep responding, and offering to replace the Seidio case without even getting a CALL or e-mail complaint! Simply reading a post, they jumped in, and offered a free replacement!

If anyone wants to know how to succeed in an overcrowded phone accessory market, this is how.

itype2slo

Reaction score
Returned the Body Glove case that I bought today and ordered the innocase. It looks to be a FAR SUPERIOR product.

ericejs15

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the other colors will be available? I would like to see how the ash gray one looks, it might be a good compliment to the droid! Thanks!

Shel

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the other colors will be available? I would like to see how the ash gray one looks, it might be a good compliment to the droid! Thanks!

Different phone, same color.

I spoke last week with Seidio, asked about Burgendy and Ash Grey, and they showed me this model for what the color will look like.

CSR2BB9000L-GY-3.jpg

holee

Reaction score
Going by those photos, it looks like it's a smoother version of the VZW branded silicone case.

Same thickness, same design. Just more polished.

Am I wrong?