Seidio Case

M

Matth3w

I don't use cell phone holders/cases/clips. Outside of a work environment they look tacky and unfashionable.

Of course I don't want to waste 30 bucks for a case that pops off.
thanks for the fashion tip! i might try some gel too! :icon_ banana:
*shrug*

Make fun if you want...I refuse to be one of those dorks that walks around with their tshirts tucked into their jeans with a pair of beat up running shoes and a cell phone holder on their belt.

:)

CatsTide

Reaction score
I don't use cell phone holders/cases/clips. Outside of a work environment they look tacky and unfashionable.

Of course I don't want to waste 30 bucks for a case that pops off.
thanks for the fashion tip! i might try some gel too! :icon_ banana:
*shrug*

Make fun if you want...I refuse to be one of those dorks that walks around with their tshirts tucked into their jeans with a pair of beat up running shoes and a cell phone holder on their belt.

:)
i agree...if you're a dork with your t-shirt tucked in and wearing beat up running shoes...definitely don't wear a cell phone holder on your belt.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Third time is the charm

Received my third Seidio Innocase in burgundy yesterday. They got it right this time. No dremeled hole or white logo on the back case. Both front and back fit perfectly. USPS no postage required return label included in the box.

It has been more than a little frustrating dealing with the issues since my original order on 1/2/2010 but kudos to Seidio for responding promptly each time and getting it right in the end.

BzB

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the new small hole in the top of the case? I just noticed mine does not have that.

interesting.....mine does have it. it's a little rectangular opening near the opening for the power button & phones jack....

i'd like to know as well

there's a small hole on the back of the phone right there, that's where the second mic (for ambient noise) is buried. some cases block this hole which can result in diminished call quality. the verizon hard case blocks the hole. the seidio case (at least the newer ones) now have a hole in the case so it doesn't block it.

BzB

Reaction score
If you have a case that was with the first batch hole and would like a replacement, please PM me and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Regards,

Just received my replacement, These guys are TOP NOTCH!!! They sent me an ENTIRE new Case for free just because of the old hole design.

Why are you guys still hoping for a nice and perfect case from the Seidio range?
I have just made a quick search on TaoBao, the chinese version of ebay.

Seidio came up:
seidio_?

at this sort of price in China, i think im terribly sorry to tell you guys, you have been ripped off across the ocean. and for that many different sellers to carry that kind of quantity at that kind of low price.

sorry guys, i think seidio must have not manufactured it themselves, therefore no quality control could have been performed by them, just simply chose a cheap manufacturing plant and hope to make things work with excellent customer service, the profit margin should afford them the excellent customer services that you guys have liked so much.

Hey Fujitsu, Think if I ordered this Case from some Chinese Shop and I was unhappy with it, they would have sent me an Entire new case for free, no questions asked? NO they wouldnt.

That is the difference here, sure its made in China like everything else cheaply made in this world, but this American Company founded in Texas has good customer service.

You get what you pay for.

I agree with your concept partly, I have shopped at TaoBao, and I think you're just being racist by automatically assuming some Chinese seller will scam you right there and then if you received a defected item.

But then again, at the same price, you can purchase 5 different cases from different sellers, and hope for the best much the same way as you shop with Seidio.

Please do not support their lack of Quality Control issue with praises about their customer service excellence.

That was posted as a general idea on how much in RMB it costs in China, and it's Seidio cases, who are honestly not doing a good job at keeping everyone happy by keeping their prices consistant.

I have shopped with US retailers and chinese retailers, and many other countires, and trust me, even US guys will rip you off no questions asked. it all depends on the person.

Please leave race out of it.

it's a pretty far stretch and a low blow to drag race into this discussion.

it's a fact that many ebay and similar retailers (regardless of nationality) will not replace products with no hassle like seidio does. some even say it directly on their seller page or auction that replacements are at their discretion or all sales are final. seidio has the staff (and profit margin on their products) to provide much better customer service. now if they could do the right thing and take responsibility for spotty qc on their cases without blaming other people like motorola.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Just placed an order for the blue seidio case. Do you think I will get the new fixed one like everyone is talking about? Has everyone been getting the newer one lately? I really hope I don't have to go through sending cases back and forth to get the right one.

CatsTide

Reaction score
Just placed an order for the blue seidio case. Do you think I will get the new fixed one like everyone is talking about? Has everyone been getting the newer one lately? I really hope I don't have to go through sending cases back and forth to get the right one.
i don't think they're shipping the old ones any more.

flicek88

Reaction score

I just talked with Christina from seidio's website chat program a few minutes ago, and I can confirm that they are waiting for a revised shipment of cases to arrive. The new cases have greater tolerances to fit all the droids out there. She said it would be another 2 weeks before the cases would be shipped out to customers.

Rudy

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm pretty sure I was the second person on this forum to get the Seidio Case, and my roommate just got one. I noticed that his has the hole drilled in the back, and mine doesn't. What is the functionality of this hole? Am I screwing something up by not having it?

tonightshow

Reaction score
Just bought this case - after trying a gel case from Verizon that was "warped" (just didn't stay snapped on the back piece) and I have a friend that has the BodyGlove - that's a nice case...a little bulky, but we didn't want the same case. SO, I just got my Innocase yesterday and I love it!!!! Lightweight, great feel...total protection, access to everything and awesome feel. Now to find the right screen protector...

J-Buck

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm pretty sure I was the second person on this forum to get the Seidio Case, and my roommate just got one. I noticed that his has the hole drilled in the back, and mine doesn't. What is the functionality of this hole? Am I screwing something up by not having it?
I think the hole is for the noise cancellation thing... If u want the updated case PM seidio or contact customer service and they will send u the newer 1

liezl

Reaction score
New here. Just wanted to throw up these photos I took of my autumn gold innocase, since I bought it based on reviews I read here. Also, since I couldnt find real life pictures of the autumn gold color on the internet anywhere, I decided to share. Enjoy.

One note on the case, the front didn't want to snap on, so I had to take off the bottom front strip of my invisishield and the strip that covers the microphone, in order for it to snap on completely.

Last edited:

arty2hottie

Reaction score

I just talked with Christina from seidio's website chat program a few minutes ago, and I can confirm that they are waiting for a revised shipment of cases to arrive. The new cases have greater tolerances to fit all the droids out there. She said it would be another 2 weeks before the cases would be shipped out to customers.

Two weeks? That sucks. Oh well hopefully they come in before that.:icon_ cry:

Acid7711

Reaction score
I loved both my case, extended battery, and the cradle! My only complaints were:

A: I paid extra for the travel charger, and it intermittently worked with their charger. I had to use my stock cable for charging with the cradle but I tried their travel charger with the phone alone, and it works fine, so.......whatever.

B: I LOVE my extended battery, omg, best thing I ever bought for the phone. Battery lasts so long now, it's amazing! My only complaint is I either have to take the front cover off because the back won't work with the extended battery.

That leads me to point C: The extended battery cover makes it impossible to have a cover no the back of your phone. I thought about trying to modify my stock seidio case back cover to work with the extended battery cover, but it goes over the camera spot almost, so I guess they must have had some problems with fitment or something because the back of y phone is now unprotected for the most part.

yudan

Reaction score
I loved both my case, extended battery, and the cradle! My only complaints were:

A: I paid extra for the travel charger, and it intermittently worked with their charger. I had to use my stock cable for charging with the cradle but I tried their travel charger with the phone alone, and it works fine, so.......whatever.

B: I LOVE my extended battery, omg, best thing I ever bought for the phone. Battery lasts so long now, it's amazing! My only complaint is I either have to take the front cover off because the back won't work with the extended battery.

That leads me to point C: The extended battery cover makes it impossible to have a cover no the back of your phone. I thought about trying to modify my stock seidio case back cover to work with the extended battery cover, but it goes over the camera spot almost, so I guess they must have had some problems with fitment or something because the back of y phone is now unprotected for the most part.
there is an innocase for those using extended battery, have you bought it?