Seidio Case

texasPI

Reaction score
Alright.....for all of you waiting for this case here's a brief review. I got mine today via overnight.

Long story short, the fit of this case is PERFECT. Much better than the Body Glove....

There seems to be no additional friction to the sliding mechanism when the case is on...which is huge in my book. The top cover fits on securely with NO play.

Seriously....you guys are gonna love it. I sure as hell do !!

Hows the piece right above the keyboard when you have the slider open and in portrait view? The BG case doesn't seem to have clip in that area

RSC10

Reaction score
The clips on the top piece are on the top and bottom no clips on the long sides. Tolerances are excellent and the fit is perfect. Much better than anything else and I've tried them all. As usual, Seidio has the best product...

Sorry, no pics !

Vuzrak

Reaction score
For how thin the case is, is it still to thick to fit into the multimedia dock?

Shel

Reaction score
Are these sold in stores?

I've never personally seen these in stores, but I believe there was a post by someone, who said that Verizon did carry the Seidio case for another phone, not an Android phone, in the past.

They really are excellent cases. Expensive, but high quality.

SuGaR

Reaction score
Just ordered mine earlier this morning! Can't wait!

Gotta go take my body glove back though still...

ntimid8r

Reaction score
I got the hard case from vzw when I got my Droid and to be honest I don't see much difference from this one you guys are talking about. Although it would be nice if a covered Droid can just fit into a cradle. :)

Shel

Reaction score
I got the hard case from vzw when I got my Droid and to be honest I don't see much difference from this one you guys are talking about. Although it would be nice if a covered Droid can just fit into a cradle. :)

I've read reviews from people who have purchased other hard cases for the Droid.

One person said that while installing/removing their hard case, it scratched their Droid..."you can barely see it, but it still bugs him...."

another reviewer said that the top portion tends to pop off of his Droid.

If you haven't seen the Seidio in person, I guess it would look like all the other hard cases on the market.

If you see a Droid with it on, you'll probably know right away that it isn't your typical hard case. (felt lining on the inside to protect the Droid, precision fitting, thin yet hard plastic with soft touch paint finish, perfect cut-outs...)

ntimid8r

Reaction score
Well it definitely has my attention and will do more investigating on it. Thanks for your response, very informative.

dpixel8

Reaction score
anyone who thinks Seidio stuff is too expensive, hasn't had one in their possession. take the leap, try it and if you don't like it, return it. I ordered mine and the holster last night. Have used their products on every phone I've had the past 2 years and they are nothing but the BEST quality and products out there. I'd pay MORE than what they're charging for them.

Veedo

Reaction score
I'm in. Going to try this and ditch the ghost armor. Will dirt easily get in-between the case and the phone causing scratches? It doesn't seem to add much thickness so this might be what I'm looking for.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Seidio is actually making a dock that will fit the seidio case perfectly.

According to their description they are doing it the smart way. Their dock/charger has a removable insert "spacer" so you use the charger with a case and without. With the insert in you can use the Droid naked, with the insert out you can use with a case. Verizon/Motorola should take note.

texasPI

Reaction score

Seidio is actually making a dock that will fit the seidio case perfectly.

According to their description they are doing it the smart way. Their dock/charger has a removable insert "spacer" so you use the charger with a case and without. With the insert in you can use the Droid naked, with the insert out you can use with a case. Verizon/Motorola should take note.

I doubt they'll take note as they can't manufacture a dock that would accommodate every case out there the customer may use. Seidio makes it work because there's only one case they have to design for.