Seidio Case

dbronstein

Reaction score
Now that I've had mine for a couple of weeks, I have two complaints. first, dust accumulates around the edges where the screen meets the case. Second, It its difficult to use the keyboard because the top row is squished.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Just curious.
Do you see any case where dust wouldn't accumulate ?
Do you see any case that covers the top of your phone that wouldn't hinder the top row of keys ?

flicek88

Reaction score
Just curious.
1.Do you see any case where dust wouldn't accumulate ?
2.Do you see any case that covers the top of your phone that wouldn't hinder the top row of keys ?

1.Yes the plastic bag case is dust proof as well as somewhat waterproof.

2. The top cover of the body glove doesn't hinder the top row of keys because the case is much thinner on that side.

Right now, I have the top of a body glove case and the bottom of the seidio innocase on my phone and i'm perfectly content. If the replacement top of the innocase actually does stay on i might return the body glove, but if it doesn't i'll just use my hybrid solution.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Now that I've had mine for a couple of weeks, I have two complaints. first, dust accumulates around the edges where the screen meets the case. Second, It its difficult to use the keyboard because the top row is squished.

I noticed the same thing with the dust. Ironically, my fitting problem only arose when I removed the top half of the case to clean said dust. Go figure. :)

As for the keyboard, I'm a 19-year-old male, and while I don't have huge hands by any means, I believe I've got average size hands for a male. I have no problem whatsoever with the keyboard. You must have some mighty big hands to have serious difficulties.

Also, woke up this morning and found this in my inbox:

"Thank you for contacting Seidio Return Department. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with our products. An advance replacement will be sent out in 1-2 business days.

Seidio RMA Department"

:D

dbronstein

Reaction score
As for the keyboard, I'm a 19-year-old male, and while I don't have huge hands by any means, I believe I've got average size hands for a male. I have no problem whatsoever with the keyboard. You must have some mighty big hands to have serious difficulties.

How do you hold the phone when you are using the keyboard?

My hands are average sized at best, if not a bit small. Maybe I'm not using the keyboard the "right" way. I came from a blackberry, so I hold the Droid on the sides and use my thumbs to type. The first problem (which has nothing to do with the case) is that it is a real stretch to reach the Y-H-B column with my right thumb because of the stupid d-pad thing. So when I am typing on the top row, particularly in the middle rows, my thumbs are sideways and it's hard to press the keys without hitting the second row as well because the case pushes my thumbs down a bit.

As someone else mentioned, it is possible to make a case that is thinner on the keyboard side so it doesn't get in the way as much.

On the dust issue, I'm sure it probably happens with every case of this style, not just this one.

eg92b16a2

Reaction score
I picked up a pink one for my wife and it fits perfectly but the weird thing is people that call her can not hear her. She finally took it off and people can hear her now. Has anybody have this problem?

gatorbait

Reaction score
I picked up a pink one for my wife and it fits perfectly but the weird thing is people that call her can not hear her. She finally took it off and people can hear her now. Has anybody have this problem?

Any chance she had the top cover on upside-down? I took my top cover off today to clean my Droid and when I put it back, I quickly noticed I put it back on the wrong way because the speaker hole on the bottom was covered. The cover has a cut out notch which should fit around that hole.

eg92b16a2

Reaction score

Any chance she had the top cover on upside-down? I took my top cover off today to clean my Droid and when I put it back, I quickly noticed I put it back on the wrong way because the speaker hole on the bottom was covered. The cover has a cut out notch which should fit around that hole.

I put it on the correctly. I think it is just her cover for her phone. I have no issues with mine except for the back piece has a hole dremeled into it instead of molded. but they told me they have sent a new one.

fujitsupalm

Reaction score
Why are you guys still hoping for a nice and perfect case from the Seidio range?
I have just made a quick search on TaoBao, the chinese version of ebay.

Seidio came up:
seidio_?

at this sort of price in China, i think im terribly sorry to tell you guys, you have been ripped off across the ocean. and for that many different sellers to carry that kind of quantity at that kind of low price.

sorry guys, i think seidio must have not manufactured it themselves, therefore no quality control could have been performed by them, just simply chose a cheap manufacturing plant and hope to make things work with excellent customer service, the profit margin should afford them the excellent customer services that you guys have liked so much.

seidio_?

this is the link, pls shoot me if i am wrong, it's just not funny even on their own website, look at the milestone picture with the plastic case on, one of the corners dun fit and they didnt' even care. and ppl still kept buying from them.

take a look at the attachment, grabbed straight from their website

Tracyap

Reaction score
Just received my rose pink case and cradle dock from Seidio. It fits perferctly. And it's beautiful!! So glad for this forum, and so glad I went "naked" until I found just the right case. I couldn't be happier.

masterxchief

Reaction score
I talked to Seidio yesterday and they said they will have the newly designed cases soon. They are going to notify me when they get them in so I can get a working replacement.

Last edited:

kaboyd

Reaction score
I just received mine this morning that I ordered direct from Sedio.com, it fit's perfect. I have no complaints. It seems to be a quality case, I just hope it holds up long enough to justify the cost. The BodyGlove case became loose in a few weeks and within six weeks it wouldn't stay on at all.

mljones99

Reaction score
I just got my case from Seidio's website and I'm having a little trouble. the back case snaps on percectly but the top case won't completely snap on. I can secure 3 of the 4 tabs to secure but as soon as I let go of it the case pops right off. It's like the top case is ever so slightly too small. Has anyone else had this problem?

sc4fpse

Reaction score
mljones99, read around. A number of people, myself included, have had this sort of problem. You'll need to fill out the RMA request form available in the help center of Seidio's website. :)