Seidio Case

flicek88

Reaction score
I recommend you buy the bg case off amazon, and save over 50% off the retail stores. I love the look of the innocase but its an unforgiving design. Many people have had the top case fit issue and it seems they're doing nothing about it. They send out replacement tops which also fail to properly fit, probably because the actual production cost of the case is under $1. Higher price does not mean higher quality and seidio is proof of that. Although kudos to them making phone accessories that work with their case, however cheaply made they are.

zero7404

Reaction score
I recommend you buy the bg case off amazon, and save over 50% off the retail stores. I love the look of the innocase but its an unforgiving design. Many people have had the top case fit issue and it seems they're doing nothing about it. They send out replacement tops which also fail to properly fit, probably because the actual production cost of the case is under $1. Higher price does not mean higher quality and seidio is proof of that. Although kudos to them making phone accessories that work with their case, however cheaply made they are.

does the bodyglove case have some cushion to it ? the innocase is hard plastic with a matte finish....not forgiving in case of a fall.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
Seidio really needs to realize that they need to change the length of the clips on the top piece ( thee bottom ones that is) and cure all the fittment and replacement issues. I see this problem popping up more and more . I had this problem and went through 4 cases and still didn't fit

If seidio reads this tell your higher ups to think about changing the design. I tried to tell the customer service person this and they basicly told me tuff luck.

flicek88

Reaction score
It appears to have some protective/cushioning value to it. far more than the innocase at any rate.

Yes, there's a velvet lining withing the case as well as a belt clip that can also work as a phone stand. The exterior of the case is a thin leather like material that gives it even more cushion. For the money, there's way more material and design that went into this case compared to the innocase. The bg case will make it the slightest bit more difficult to slide open the keyboard because the clips of the top case rub those on the bottom case. This does not cause any wear on the phone itself, only the case rubs itself. - that sounds wrong, but its true. This only makes the phone feel more solid and provides a crude solution for people who have loose sliders.

Body glove > innocase imho.

I can't say enough good things about it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Body glove > innocase imho.

I can't say enough good things about it.

The only thin I don't like about it is how it carries the phone with the screen out. I was waiting on to see if BG would smarten up and change that around (i.e. offer a separate holster to use with it like Seidio goes) that's one of the reasons I ended up trying the Seidio combo.

Champers

Reaction score
The Innocase surface is nice, except that it makes using the top line of keys on the physical keyboard a little more difficult.

flicek88

Reaction score
The Innocase surface is nice, except that it makes using the top line of keys on the physical keyboard a little more difficult.

I noticed that myself. The body glove solves that by making the edge of the top case near the keyboard slightly thinner meaning that the case doesn't hang over the keyboard as much as the innocase. Only issue with that is that the edge isn't securely clipped on like the otherside near the volume rocker is.

Btw I heard of people using the seidio holster with the body glove, that would be a great combination.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw I heard of people using the seidio holster with the body glove, that would be a great combination.

SWEET!!! That would be awesome, I'm going to order one from Amazon tonight I'll let you now if it works. The innocase holster (well, the clip-style) is really tight though).

seidioseidio

Reaction score
sc4fpse said:
Took the top half of my case off just a bit ago to clean it/my Droid. I used a paper towel to clean off some fingerprints the other week. Left a bunch of little fuzzies, but I wasn't worried about it until I wanted to get some pics of the phone + case today.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have taken the case off. It won't snap back on now. -_-

Bottom corner to the left of the microphone cutout *will not* snap on. I tried putting the case on backwards, and that same corner of the case (so, the opposite corner on the Droid) had the problem, so I know it's not the Droid.

I'm currently trying to get this stupid thing to clip back on, but it doesn't look like it's going to work. Urg. Guess I need to contact Seidio.

Hello,
I am sorry about your experience and would like to help, please PM me your order information and I will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

dodgemaniac said:
Seidio really needs to realize that they need to change the length of the clips on the top piece ( thee bottom ones that is) and cure all the fittment and replacement issues. I see this problem popping up more and more . I had this problem and went through 4 cases and still didn't fit

If seidio reads this tell your higher ups to think about changing the design. I tried to tell the customer service person this and they basicly told me tuff luck.

We are actually in the process of modifying the tooling to accommodate the large tolerances in the Motorola Droid, please refer to this post:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/4859-seidio-case-63.html#post140628

We should have an update for you all by the end of the this week. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

MJ5150

Reaction score
I had a case like this (hard plastic sprayed with some rubbery paint) on my old LG, and I loved it. But, I'll wait.

At the mall nearest me is one of those cell phone accessories kiosks run by an Asian dude who is really on top of the latest accessories. Seidio isn't doing anything patented here, just taking advantage of the fact that they are the first kids on the block with this case. I'm sure he'll have some of these for sale soon for much less than the $30 Seidio is getting for them now.

-Mike

Brandon314159

Reaction score
Just got my black case today, lovin' it. Keyboard is a little tricky...but I don't have sausage fingers so it is a-okay with me.

Has a nice feel. Won't get stuck in the pocket, but also won't slip and slide. Like that it still has the small end bumps that kept the stock Droid from sliding around in the car just sitting on the center console.

Good fit. No loose corners. Really "snapped on"...impressive.

I might make some small adjustments to its finish here and there, but for the price, it is about right.

We'll see how it holds up in the long run. :)

johnsgresham

Reaction score
Soft Silicon Cases

If anyone knows of a good soft silicon case to fit the droid and the slide out keyboard let me know, maybe a link or a picture. I have a type of silicon case but when it gets put on by snaping it snaps off really easy.

feel free to pm me