Seidio Case

Reaction score
My thought is variances for the phones as well since I've used 3 different Droids and all have required different amounts of force to slide open. It's interesting because the case doesn't rub when the phone is closed, but only after I slide it open about half a centimeter. However, I used to use a Verizon silicone case and that didn't rub at all, so I don't know.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
1st case here. And the sliding was pretty tight to begin with. Case fits great and didn't add to the slide tightness at all, oddly enough seems to have loosened it up a bit but nothing is rubbing in a way that I'm concerned with it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apologies for such a niggly question, but I notice that the burgundy case has had its original "dremel hole" replaced by the square hole. What I cannot confirm from the earlier posts is whether the burgundy case still has the "painted" Seidio logo or whether that too has been replaced with the embossed logo. Can anyone confirm? (I've asked Seidio but haven't received a response.)

sqpeg

Reaction score
burgundy case logo

Apologies for such a niggly question, but I notice that the burgundy case has had its original "dremel hole" replaced by the square hole. What I cannot confirm from the earlier posts is whether the burgundy case still has the "painted" Seidio logo or whether that too has been replaced with the embossed logo. Can anyone confirm? (I've asked Seidio but haven't received a response.)

both my original and replacement burgundy cases have a painted logo on the back.

BzB

Reaction score
I just got my Sapphire Blue case today, and I must say that it is BEAUTIFUL. I'm very glad that I went with this color.

got my sapphire blue case yesterday too. i haven't seen the other cases in person, but the color on this one does not disappoint. VERY VERY nice.

The fit is great, but I do have the problem of the bottom clips of the front piece rubbing against the phone when sliding it open :sad:

on mine the clips on the top of the screen (where the power button is and on the opposite side near the verizon logo) slightly rub against the bottom part of the case (near the volume rocker and the camera button) when sliding it open. it's not something i'm considering returning it for though, and the overall sliding action isn't noticeably impeded at all. unless yours is really rubbing or getting caught you should just leave it alone and let it wear-in.

i'll also add that the fit, finish, feel, and perceived quality of this case is significantly better than the verizon case/holster combo i returned the day after i got it. lol. not to mention it just looks soooo much better. :)

definitely recommend this color/case.
icon14.gif

dbronstein

Reaction score
I got the blue case yesterday. The color is a bit darker than what I was expecting from the website, but it's growing on me. Functionally, it doesn't affect sliding the keyboard open at all. I am having to get used to touching the buttons on the bottom of the screen in a slightly different way because my finger hits the case. And it does cramp the top row of the keyboard a little bit, for those who use it.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
i had the same problem with the top piece not fitting on my case. i havent recieved my replacement yet but i really hope this one fits properly:unsure:

dpixel8

Reaction score
I love seidio, and have had their cases for all of my phones the past 2 years. But this is the first issue I've had with one, and hopefully it was just because I was in the first pre-order batch. The white Seidio logo on the back (don't know WHY they even put that on there, completely unnecessary and unwanted which is annoying also because now seeing review pictures of the new colored ones, the text is raised like on all other SEIDIO products I've had in the past, and the product looks much more refined) is coming off and leaving flakes on the black area, and one of the clips keeps popping off. I keep this thing in the seidio holster and everything, never in my pocket.

I am not angry though. Sent an email to RMA, so we'll see what happens. Was looking at getting the charging cradle to go with it so hopefully all goes well and I don't get sour on Seidio products. :heart:

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

both my original and replacement burgundy cases have a painted logo on the back.

Interesting. Just "chatted" with Seidio online and after some initial bad information in which the person on the line consulted their own website and found the "painted" logo on the burgundy, I was assured that the burgundy now comes with the embossed logo. Will see when I get mine.

350-Jason

Reaction score
any 10% off or free shipping? im waiting for 1 or the other to purchase it.

thanks

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
i just recieved my replacement case and i am happy to say it fits and looks awesome

meek_reese

Reaction score
My very first post....
I did a ton of research on cases for my new Droid, and you guys pointed me in the direction of the Seidio case. I ordered the blue case on a Sunday night, came in on Wednesday morning. I saw pictures of the gold colored one earlier in the thread. Kind of wish i would have went for that one instead. I think the gold would have created more of a WOW factor when others see it. The blue is a bit muted, but sophisticated. Much like the Droid itself.

Quick thoughts:
Easy to slip on/slip off

Unlike others, I do seem to feel a bit more friction when sliding out the keyboard. Hopefully this doesn't cause a problem down the line.

I thought it would be slim enough to fit on the MM dock, but it doesn't. This isn't a real problem for me, I don't use the dock as much as I thought I would.

The case has a bit of a "stickum" feel to it. Makes it less likely to slip out of my hands, so I like that. Not gummy or rubbery, just a bit of grip. It also doesn't seem to collect a lot of lint when in my pocket.

Love how sleek it is. Glad I got the raised Seidio logo rather than the painted.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
any 10% off or free shipping? im waiting for 1 or the other to purchase it.

thanks

HOLIDAY10 was 10% off. Not sure if it's still good or not. I remember was the expiration date on that code was around this time...

sc4fpse

Reaction score
My very first post....
I did a ton of research on cases for my new Droid, and you guys pointed me in the direction of the Seidio case. I ordered the blue case on a Sunday night, came in on Wednesday morning. I saw pictures of the gold colored one earlier in the thread. Kind of wish i would have went for that one instead. I think the gold would have created more of a WOW factor when others see it. The blue is a bit muted, but sophisticated. Much like the Droid itself.

Quick thoughts:
Easy to slip on/slip off

Unlike others, I do seem to feel a bit more friction when sliding out the keyboard. Hopefully this doesn't cause a problem down the line.

I thought it would be slim enough to fit on the MM dock, but it doesn't. This isn't a real problem for me, I don't use the dock as much as I thought I would.

The case has a bit of a "stickum" feel to it. Makes it less likely to slip out of my hands, so I like that. Not gummy or rubbery, just a bit of grip. It also doesn't seem to collect a lot of lint when in my pocket.

Love how sleek it is. Glad I got the raised Seidio logo rather than the painted.

This entire post sums up my thoughts about the case.

Ordered the Sapphire Blue case, just got it and fit it on my Droid when I got home a few minutes ago.

The color is definitely not as vibrant as I was hoping for. I was toying with it in my kitchen with bright lights, and found that the case almost looked black in bright light. But now that I'm up in my bedroom, where the only light is a darker, natural light from outside (hurray, snowstorm.), I can more clearly see the contrast between the blue of the case and the black of the Droid. And I have to say, it's beginning to grow on me quickly. But at the same time, I kind of wonder what the gold would have been like. It definitely seems as though it would have more of a *POW* first effect on someone. But, like meek_reese said, the dark blue has a more sophisticated feel towards it. So I'm not all that upset there.

However... a few minutes ago, I opened my physical keyboard, and saw something I did not like one bit...

161g8br.jpg

Looks like a few scratches/imperfections right above the screen. I didn't notice them until I opened the physical keyboard, and then the white light from the notification bar illuminated them better. :(

I'm not sure if I should bother to contact Seidio about it or not. On the one hand, it was a $30 case. On the other hand, they're really minute little imperfections, and I'm really not one to go complaining about something so small. It just kind of looks bad when the light from the screen hits it and illuminates it! x_x

Other than that issue, I am very happy with the case. Droid + Seidio Case fits in my pocket just as the Droid by itself did (By far, this was the most important thing for me. I keep my wallet and my cell phone in my front-left pocket, and I would have been very unhappy if there would have been any problem fitting it in there afterwords.). The color, as said before, isn't quite as vibrant as I thought it would have been, but it does have a sophisticated look. And, I guess it makes sense... I'd rather pay $30 for a sophisticated-looking item than something that looks like it came out of a checkout display at Hot Topic. :)

tl;dr: Case works great, couple scratches I'm not thrilled about, color not as bright as I thought, but definitely looks nice. Worth every penny.

Last edited: