Seidio Case

NoKz

Reaction score
My phone fell out from about 3 feet while I was running. Scratched 2 corners pretty bad. Seidio case covered it and now it looks good! LOL

jrl9851

Reaction score
No!!!! I should have gotten the blue case! It looks so much better in the pics here than on the website.

bdbull

Reaction score
Did they end their free shipping? I could have sworn the banner at the top of their site said something about free shipping all the time.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did they end their free shipping? I could have sworn the banner at the top of their site said something about free shipping all the time.

Looks that way, I got mine the other day (with free shipping) and just logged in to track it and noticed the same thing. That sucks...

No!!!! I should have gotten the blue case! It looks so much better in the pics here than on the website.

Apparently none of their site pics are accurate representations... I got the Ash Grey because pics posted a few pages back look SO much better than on their site. One would think they could take the time to put up more accurate pics (or use a higher quality camera).

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're buying a case from Seidio, go ahead and buy a few screen protectors as well. I bought 2 when I bought my case yesterday and they have the nicest feel of any I've tried. It's so soft and I never have to swipe a few times to unlock my screen like I used to with the verizon ones. They also dont have any weird cut outs, it covers everything on the front of the screen except the hole for the speaker.

It's also made my browsing so much more fluid, before my screen would jerk a bit when I was moving around quickly across a page and now it's very smooth and I've done nothing but put on the seidio screen protector.

For reference, I've used the Verizon screen protectors and Zagg protectors and the Seidio is by far the best one in my opinion.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're buying a case from Seidio, go ahead and buy a few screen protectors as well. I bought 2 when I bought my case yesterday and they have the nicest feel of any I've tried. It's so soft and I never have to swipe a few times to unlock my screen like I used to with the verizon ones. They also dont have any weird cut outs, it covers everything on the front of the screen except the hole for the speaker.

It's also made my browsing so much more fluid, before my screen would jerk a bit when I was moving around quickly across a page and now it's very smooth and I've done nothing but put on the seidio screen protector.

For reference, I've used the Verizon screen protectors and Zagg protectors and the Seidio is by far the best one in my opinion.

Damit... now you write this, lol, I was debating on getting them (had them in my cart) and opted not too because I couldn't tell if they covered the home-keys...

speeddemon40

Reaction score
Do the screen protectors cover the entire face of the phone? The ones I got from verizon stop at the bottom buttons (Back,menu,home,search)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Review

My combo was just delivered (so for shipping speed they get a 5).

Case:
The case is nice but it feels a little more flimsy/cheap that I was expecting (especially for the price). It fits very well and I don't notice any extra drag/friction when opening the keyboard (and mine was fairly tight to start). Also the inside of the back panel feels like it might scratch the back of the phone (i.e. it's not smooth and finished. The case goes on very easily and seems to be secure but not so much so that you will have a hard time getting it off (like other brands).

The feel of the case is nice. It's a bit rubbery feeling so it adds a nice grip to the phone and I like the little extra size it gives the phone (but admittedly I have rather large hands).

Overall I would give the case a 4/5 with the only real deduction being for the cheap/flimsy feel of the case (considering they want $30 for it).

Holster:
I chose the spring-clip holster over the leather holster, personally I don't care for horizontal holsters because I don't like the feel of removing the phone in such a manner (feels like it would be easily dropped as you try to grab just the edges). The holster is made out of the same plastic as the case and again, for the price seems a bit cheap. The spring clip is nice and grabs the phone with enough of a 'lip' so that the phone is secured. The tension of the spring feels as if it is enough to keep from accidental opening but w/o being hard to open. The swivel action is very secure and does not feel like it will excessively rotate during normal activities (like getting in or out of a car). One nice feature is that the inside of the clip (which will be towards the screen) is lined with a soft felt-like material.

Overall another 4/5 with the same deduction for the cheap feel of the plastic.

Overall rating for the Combo I'd give it a 4.5/5 because of the reduced price but even with the discount I would say this is boarding on overpriced (and I DIDN"T pay for shipping).

As for the ability for the case to protect the device of course I have no experience to draw upon and, knock on wood hopefully I never will. There have been a few posts in the thread about the case protecting the phone from some sever drops. Personally judging from reading other posts/sites and feeling this case I would probably attest this to the build of the phone and the fact there was any "additional" shock absorption (i.e. any case would add this, there's nothing special about this particular case).

I don't particularly see this case protecting the phone anymore that the VZW or BodyGlove and at such a higher price..... well, to each their own. I will say however that given the feel of these items had I seen them at a kiosk (i.e. been able to feel them) I doubt I would have paid the asking price(s). With that said I'm glad I didn't because I REALLY like the look of the case and the holster is the best one I've seen so far (others carry the phone with the screen facing out which IMHO is pretty stupid).

Hope this helps, I'll repost/edit if anything changes.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do the screen protectors cover the entire face of the phone? The ones I got from verizon stop at the bottom buttons (Back,menu,home,search)

The Seidio protectors cover everything on the front, the LEDs and the bottom buttons, the only hole cut is for the speaker.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
Just got my Black Combo. Overall I like it. But it makes my keyboard harder to side.

I still think the price is a bit high.