Seidio Case

db83

Reaction score
does this sedio case actually protect the screen? does the body glove? I most certainly will be getting a case for the phone when i get it.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Just to clarify the speaker is not the whole way across, its just a small portion in the middle. +1 for Seidio, too bad they told me that they didnt have release date yesterday (about 4 hours before they started taking pre-orders) because I bought the shell/holster combo from VZW yesterday and I just love it.

Shel

Reaction score
Just to clarify the speaker is not the whole way across, its just a small portion in the middle. +1 for Seidio, too bad they told me that they didnt have release date yesterday (about 4 hours before they started taking pre-orders) because I bought the shell/holster combo from VZW yesterday and I just love it.

That case has gotten great reviews as well.

Does it add much to the overall size of the Droid?

M1dnite

Reaction score

I'm thinking about just picking that up instead of the Seido case... but I've been using Seido for years..

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
That case has gotten great reviews as well.

Does it add much to the overall size of the Droid?

No, the Shell Case is about the same as the others and much much thinner than the Body Glove.

The only thing that makes the Shell Case just slightly thicker than most of the other flat/smooth cases is the ribbing, but that is well worth as it gives it a more industrial/high tech look and also adds grip to the case.

db83

Reaction score
I take it you can't use this sedio case and the dock at the same time?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
No , but they have a dock coming that will work with cases.

I built my own dock today (that works with cases), bent some billet aluminum sheet, has built in magnet and micro USB jack (you just sit on the jack like the Motorola version) and powdercoated it silver vein metallic!! Turned out great!

Last edited:

db83

Reaction score
hmm, guess I'll be waiting for that then. I definitely don't want my phone to be naked. hope to get it either tomorrow or the day after.

Shel

Reaction score
Does anyone who had the Seidio case on another phone know how well it would protect the phone from a fall?

It's very stiff plastic. I'm sure that it will provide protection, even though it's thin material.

I would guess that the Seidio case would provide as much protection as other hard cases. It also has soft, felt like material throughout the inside of the case.

My G1 looked like new when I sold it, after about a year of use with the Seidio case on. However, honestly, I never dropped it.

db83

Reaction score
anyone know if they are going to sell this case in stores? I'd like to check it out before I buy.

M1dnite

Reaction score
anyone know if they are going to sell this case in stores? I'd like to check it out before I buy.

Verizon in the past has stocked the clips, but never the full body cases since they sell their own. Once I get mine I'll send a picture. That is, if I do not buy the one from VZW first
smile_regular.gif

JFDroid

Reaction score
Not true. I have family who works for VZW. I had a Curve 8330 and I asked my family member to pick me up the Seidio case from his VZW store (since he gets a 35% discount on accessories). I used that case for a long time with my Curve :)

But, there's no information on whether VZW will in fact stock the Seidio case for the Droid... it could be that the curve is the only phone they carried the Seidio case for... it could be a weird coincidence. But anyway, they did carry Seidio for at least one phone!

glamtek666

Reaction score
Had a Seidio case on my Storm1. Worked Great. I've read that Incipio is working on Droid products as well, and I love the look of their cases. I already have the "leather" covered snap on that I got at the VZW store. It's doing the job for now. Personally I'm going to wait for a while and see what else comes out.