Seidio case for Motorola Droid 1

Fletchi18

Reaction score
I have had my case for my about 7 months and it is starting to fall off constantly. I have only pulled the back piece off about 3-4 times and it seems that every time I do, it does not stay on as well as it used to.

I had a case for my BB Pearl that I used to beat the daylights out of and it is still working today (about 3 years old!) and my wife's case for her Eris is snug as the day she bought it.

Has anyone else seen this with the Innocase?

projectrang

Reaction score
Yup my seidio case is laying on my dresser not being used. It wont stay on at all anymore. I'm very disappointed in the design.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have had my case for my about 7 months and it is starting to fall off constantly. I have only pulled the back piece off about 3-4 times and it seems that every time I do, it does not stay on as well as it used to.

I had a case for my BB Pearl that I used to beat the daylights out of and it is still working today (about 3 years old!) and my wife's case for her Eris is snug as the day she bought it.

I've had no problems with looseness on the part of Seidio cases on either my Droid 1 or on the Droid Incredible. My Droid 1 Innocase is not currently in use, but that's because it's designed to use with the Seidio extended battery and I don't have that battery currently installed.

Have you contacted Seidio and asked them for a replacement case?

-Mike

OP
F

Fletchi18

Reaction score
Yeah, I contacted them and they denied my request. I guess I wont make the mistake of purchasing their junk any more. I just put my cheapie Verizon case back on my phone and it fits perfectly. Maybe Seidio should learn something from them.
I used to rave about them. I recommended them to many of my friends and a ton of coworkers. Looks likewise wont be doing that any more!!
Anyone have any recommendations for something better than Seidio junk?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Yeah, I contacted them and they denied my request. I guess I wont make the mistake of purchasing their junk any more. I just put my cheapie Verizon case back on my phone and it fits perfectly. Maybe Seidio should learn something from them.
I used to rave about them. I recommended them to many of my friends and a ton of coworkers. Looks likewise wont be doing that any more!!
Anyone have any recommendations for something better than Seidio junk?

If you want a good quality case, check out Otterbox. Do it through Amazon.Com, because they're usually less expensive.

-Mike

whatruckus

Reaction score
I've had mine since I got my Droid 1 last April and it's been working great since the day I bought it, never comes off unless I take it off. Otterbox is great...for other phones. I read the reviews for their case for the Droid 1 on their website and it seems the front plate seems to snap and break and it just doesn't stay on. Sorry to hear your Innocase isn't working out for you. :/

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I admit I've had it on since only June, but I have the Seidio case for the extended battery. It's been fine so far.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

I've had no problems with looseness on the part of Seidio cases on either my Droid 1 or on the Droid Incredible. My Droid 1 Innocase is not currently in use, but that's because it's designed to use with the Seidio extended battery and I don't have that battery currently installed.

Have you contacted Seidio and asked them for a replacement case?

-Mike

Follow-Up: I decided it was time to play around with the Seidio extended battery and case once again, so I hauled it out an installed the battery, the extended back part and the extended case. So far, everything fits snugly. In fact, I wonder if you really need to have both the extended battery cover AND the extended case. It's a very snug fit, but I suppose that's a good thing.

I'll let you guys know if I run into any issues with the Seidio case, this time around.

-Mike

billyidle

Reaction score
Had my seido case since last December, still running as good as the day I got it. It gets taken off and put back on every other day.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I admit I've had it on since only June, but I have the Seidio case for the extended battery. It's been fine so far.

I have the same set-up extended battery/innocase and holster - two of the clips on the bottom side of the Innocase have broken leaving the case loose but the extended battery still holds it (somewhat) intact - the downfall is, if I remove the Innocase the Device no longer fits in the holster - Catch 20/20

projectrang

Reaction score

I have the same set-up extended battery/innocase and holster - two of the clips on the bottom side of the Innocase have broken leaving the case loose but the extended battery still holds it (somewhat) intact - the downfall is, if I remove the Innocase the Device no longer fits in the holster - Catch 20/20
That's the way mine is except all of the clips are broken except one. my front one would still stay on fine, but the rear one is what does most of the protecting

COBug

Reaction score
I probably won't be dealing with Seidio again

Had my Innocase Surface for one month and 1 clip degraded away. Ordered a replacement and they delivered. I have to say that their customer service was terrible. I explained that since it was defective within a month, I thought they should pay for shipping the case back to them. They disagreed, then took 3 weeks to deliver my new device and I ended up having to call them several times. The customer reps had no idea where the replacement was and why it wasn't sent out. Well, the new one's on my phone and it feels good again. It's a good case but the flaw is in the clips, I think. Either way, I'm not going to be buying another seidio product. It would be bad to support a bad company, I think.:motdroidhoriz:

raggedyedge

Reaction score
Seido innocase surface case and holster

I've been using Seido innocase surface case and holster daily for six months. I love it. Reminds me of a good polymer Glock holster. Retention is good on holster and case provides some protection from drops and catching door jams.

Once the case was installed, I haven't removed it once so I can't say if there are issues with repeated disassembly.

When wearing winter coats or sweaters, it can be a pain sometimes to get the phone locked into the holster properly. If you sweater get pined in between the case and holster, your phone soon gets popped out of the holster.

Holster seems to be made of durable materials. The daily placement and removal from my belt has not compromised the clip.

Other than outer clothing getting in the way, I fond the Seido innocase surface case and holster very easy to use. Very easy to gain access to the phone one handed.

Given the other reports, I'd buy from Amazon and if the case won't stay on your phone return it.

BmanCV60

Reaction score
I've had my red Innocase Surface on for two months, I've never had a problem with it (though I've never had to take it off either). Did buy from Amazon so if there were an issue replacement would hopefully be painless.