Seidio Active case combo or Otterbox

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I had a Seidio case on my old phone and was looking to get one for my new razr. does anyone have on on theirs? and if so how is the fit? I had to go through three cases for my old fascinate before one fited properly and same scenario with the Otterbox defender I use to have.

Right now its a toss up as I know both to be great products and I can get either one for 30 bucks, so cost isnt a factor as much as me needing a case to protect my phone.
I currently have the Verizon holster combo but will be returning it as it just doesnt feel durable enough. I work in a warehouse so I need some added protection

please dont flame me for asking about the seidio case as I have searched but mostly found stuff on the razr maxx

OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Meh, while I liked the seidio blue active case....it goes great with my new blue razr. I decided to just order the otterbox as it offers 3 levels of protection where as the seidio is only two. Not really sure if there is a difference but I'll find out when it gets here

DethDroid

Reaction score
Meh, while I liked the seidio blue active case....it goes great with my new blue razr. I decided to just order the otterbox as it offers 3 levels of protection where as the seidio is only two. Not really sure if there is a difference but I'll find out when it gets here

The 'third level of protection' the case manufacturers always tout is usually the screen protector they provide with the case.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
what do you people do with your phones that you need 3 layers of protection?

I've thrown my razr around and dropped it on concrete tons of times with no problem.

OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
what do you people do with your phones that you need 3 layers of protection?

I've thrown my razr around and dropped it on concrete tons of times with no problem.
I work at Sears in the receiving department, Often times I have dropped my old phone from heights up to eight feet....when I charge my phone I put it on top of the shelves and ocassionally it gets nocked down by moving other things or throwing stuff up there. So I wanted added protection for my phone cause i really dont want to have to replace it

OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
So what case I'd u decide, otter and how is it?
I chose the otterbox, its very sleek and nowhere near as bulky as many people make it out to be, but thats cause the phone is thin to begin with. in the case the phone is the same size as my Fascinate with just a jelly case on it so overall I'm happy. I do hgave the seido inocase on order, which is going to be my everyday carry case for when I'm not working....and yes I dont mind changing cases

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I love my Ottorbox Commuter case for my MAXX, just wished they had more colors.

Deelyles

Reaction score
The otter box

Defender or comuter ? I had a seidio for my incrediable so I went with the seidi active,but into am thinking of also
Purchasing the otter box too. Btw do u use a car mount , looking to purchase one, any suggestions on a good one, On a budget.

My91sho

Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of otterbox. Good cases for protection, but I've always found them to inhibit my screen/controls too much, I had one for my DROIDX and had to cut it up to make it half ass work. I ended up tossing it and just using Invisishield. I just ordered the Body Glove case for my new Maxx which is in the mail too. Also has a kickstand. As for a mount on a budget, go to Best Buy and grab a universal holder. I used to be an installer and used them for dozens of different devices.

And the body glove was $15 fyi
Car mount about $15-$20

Last edited:

Deelyles

Reaction score
So do you thave the rezound? And do u use the otter box or seidi cover? I notice it doesn't have a second cutout on back for I think another mic, I don't know, but I bought sorta cheap gel one at version store and it as the second cutout on he back and the seidi doesn't So was curious