Seidio 2600 Battery Not Charging

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by beefcakescobra, Jan 22, 2011.

1. beefcakescobra

beefcakescobra New Member

Just got my 2600 and was super pumped. I had one in my palm pre and it was a life saver.

I plugged the battery in as soon as I got it and tried powering the phone on. I got nothing. Figured it needed an entire charge. So I put the other battery back in.

Went home. Put the Seidio back in, and plugged it in. And I got a question mark. Figured maybe something with the battery, so I let it charge overnight.

Try to turn it on this morning. Still nothing. I don't know if I got a bad battery or what.

I did some experimenting. The X won't turn on with the charger alone. I tried turning it on with the Seidio battery, and it will fire up. But I get the red light at the top, and the bar across the top has a question mark when powered on as well. As soon as I unplug the charger, it dies right away. So, it is getting whatever connection it needs to fire the phone up. But will not charge.

I made some obervations. The oem battery conncetors are flush with the bottom of the battery. Whereas the connectors on the Seidio 2600 are recessed up a little bit.

Secondly. The cover for the oem battery has an extra metal tab on the bottom of it. Whereas the 2600 Seidio has nothing on the bottom of it. I'm wondering if this connector has something to do with the charging of the battery. The oem case says specifically to not use with the other battery.

Any thoughts or opinions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. beefcakescobra

anyone have any idea, or just that I have a bad battery
  3. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help! It sounds like you just got a bad battery. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,
  4. beefcakescobra

Well,

Just got my 2nd battery from Mobile City online.

Plugged it in. And I get the question mark.

I am more than dissapointed at this point.

I had to buy a 2nd battery and will be waiting on the credit for my first one for 2-3 weeks. And, I guess i'll be doing it again.

Oh well.....

Guess i'll give up on a better battery for this phone.
  5. Rocko

Rocko New Member

Buy Motorola or buy nothing. The aftermarket batteries are junk.
  6. beefcakescobra

i had good luck with the seidio on my palm pre, but this is ridiculous, i'm out $120, I'll be waiting a month to get my money back with no battery between the 2 batteries.

i sent seidioseidio a pm last week when they replied. i got no response, i called them, they said send it back where you bought it, they wouldn't do an exchange.
  7. beefcakescobra

i'm still wondering about the metal tab on the bottom of the motorola case.

i wonder why the seidio's don't have these, they have to serve some sort of purpose
  8. beefcakescobra

I tt seidio today. Guy today was much more receptive to my issue.

He asked me to plug in for a full 8 hours tonight.

If it does not charge, they have offered to pre test a battery and send it to me.

That's the kind of service I like to hear.
  9. sonicxtacy02

sonicxtacy02 Member

Good luck with that but more than likely it still wont work. Froyo introduced something that makes aftermarket battery's stink with the X
  10. beefcakescobra

how do you change the o/s and now the battery doesn't work?

that will suck for seidio with all the batterys they have made won't it?

i smell a lawsuit
  11. Rocko

Rocko New Member

2.2 and later software requires batteries to have a chip that reports temp. If it doesn't have this, the phone will reject the battery.
  12. beefcakescobra

Welp, good luck was right. When I spoke to Chang friday @ Seidio, he told me with this being the 2nd battery in a row, if it did not charge. They would send me out a replacement right away with a call tag for the other battery even though I purchased through Mobile City. He said they would test it out and verify it works before sending.

Of course, my battery did not charge. I called and spoke with Chang at Seidio, and today I got a whole different story.

Basically I was lied to on Friday. I guess he assumed the battery would charge and wouldn't have to deal with it. Regardless, where I was once a happy Seidio customer, and told everyone about how good their batteries were as the palm one I had worked great.

I will make sure I tell everyone I see and post on every forum I can think of how bad their customer service and products suck.

Being in sales, I am the type of person that is more than happy to promote products when they work well. I am even more vocal when I get bad service.

So, if you ever decide to reply to my thread again, or pm that was sent to weeks ago Seidio. I hope your seeing this.
  13. Rocko

Rocko New Member

Sorry to hear about your treatment. Did you buy it with a credit card? Can you fight the charges that way?

This is where 90% of companies fall flat on their face. They are more concerned about losing $20 on a defective product, rather than $200+ on new customers based on word of mouth-so short sighted. Now they will lose $500+ on loss of customers because of their mishandling of your situation.
  14. beefcakescobra

I bought the battery from mobile city online. Not them direct. However, when I called Seidio tech and told them I was frustrated as this was the 2nd battery in a row I had issues with.

Chang told me normally their warranties kick in 30 days after purchase, but being this was the 2nd battery in a row from Mobile city, that he would exchange it if it didn't work.

Today, he said I have to send it back to mobile city online and buy one from them.

So, I've already got my money hanging out there from the first one for 2-3 weeks, i'm going to have my money hanging out on this 2nd one for 3-4 weeks. And they want me to buy one direct. Basically about $200 in batteries. I am over the battery now at this point. I am not prepared to purchase a 3rd battery at this point.
  15. beefcakescobra

just an fyi, order a gorilla 3500 from california on wednesday, got here today, only took 2 days almost all the way across country, plug it in, and right away, battery is shwoing 50% and takes a charge right away.

on top of that the battery is only $25 plus shipping, so for less than half of the seidio, i have a larger battery that actually functions

the other thing i noticed was the gorilla battery has the flat tabs on the bottom like the stock battery, not recessed.

i still wonder if the design is contributing to the seidio issue.

nice thing is i know it's not my phone.

Motorola Droid X 3500 mAh extended life battery

http://gorillagadgets.com/droid-x-extended-life-battery-3500-mah-with-back-plate.html

i'll let everyone know how it performs in a couple days
  16. Dvan

Dvan New Member

I've been using the gorilla gadgets battery for a few days now on dx running liberty 1.5. So far I can't seem to get t past the 7 hour mark under heavy usage. I guess ill drain the battery for the fourth time and hope for the best. Its almost like the phone refuses to charge the battery past stock levels

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  17. beefcakescobra

yesterday i went from 7am to 11pm and didn't hit the red, that was playing some games, not a ton, but def using the phone. was pleased with that.

today, playing a lot of angry birds, seemed to go down a little faster.
Search tags for this page
2600 battery
aftermarket battery doesn't work droid x
bionic with seidio battery wont cgarge past 5%?
droid razr seidio charging case

droid x extended battery not working

droid x seidio extended battery case

my android reed my bettery 2600
p2600 dont charge
seidio 2600 droid x2 does not work
seidio battery not recognized
seidio charger case doesnt work on razr
seidio droid razr doesn't work

seidio extended battery droid x2 does not work

seidio innocell plus s3 not charging
x2 aftermarket battery says it wont charge