Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pc747, Feb 23, 2010.
make calls and use apps at the same time
to get live wall paper working
from droid life vide to root and unroot using dm
some downloads from droidlife
i will link the site if the links on my page do not work.
(if download links go down, please let me know!)
1. nexus one / sense ui 2.1 launcher (alt link)- very similar to the original 2.1 launcher we posted but has the look of htc's sense ui. it also feels a little more stable and has some of the bugs fixed from previous version. if you ever get stuck, make sure to hit the "home" button to free up the phone again.
2. flan(eclair) gallery 2.1 w/ multi-touch (alt link)- same as the previous gallery but includes multi-touch or pinch-to-zoom. also has much quicker load times for photos.
3. flan(eclair) gallery 2.1 (alt link)- an incredible upgrade from the gallery on our 2.0.1 devices. "flick" features are everywhere, sharing is nicer, and even has slideshow capabilities when working with multimedia dock.
4. genie news and weather 2.1 (alt link)- customizable news in a reader style format plus weather. 3 widget options available with certain versions working nicely with the new 2.1 clock app.
5. launcher 2.1 (alt link)- the app we all were hoping worked flawlessly, but unfortunately doesn't completely deliver. gives you 5 screens, a new launcher, quick buttons and card style shortcuts. too bad for landscape bugs and intermittent crashes.
6. music app 2.1 (alt link)- needs to be installed on your 2.0.1 device. this music upgrade, although not groundbreaking, adds some minor features which makes music playing so much nicer.
7. clock app 2.1 (alt link)- a fun app which can replace your current docking app and also act as a stand-alone for those without docks. works great with flan gallery and genie weather.
8. swype keyboard (alt link) - a beta version of the swype keyboard which allows you to type words by "swyping" between letters rather than typing.
8. droidmod 1.0 updater (alt link)- the easiest way on the planet to root your phone, install a custom rom that works beautifully and then return to stock. big thanks to droidmod.org for putting together a wonderful product.
9. google earth 1.0 (alt link): a nice toy which resembles google maps but gives you a ton of "fun" features.
10. moto phone portal (alt link): app which allows your phone to connect to your pc wirelessly and allow for file transfers.
downloads | droid life: a motorola droid blog
Root the motorola milestone
Root the motorola milestone (europe version on droid)
The 2.1 sense ui from the nexus apk from droidlife works good.
This is from droid-life.
droid life: a motorola droid blog
update 2/26 3:07pm: i just took her out for a spin and i've got to say that the voice-to-text works very well. in fact, i'm impressed with how nicely it works. typing on this keyboard is also very smooth and after whipping out an entire email with it, i doubt i'll be going back to the stock droid keyboard any time soon. there are still rumors of bugs and i'd love to hear them as you run across any. enjoy!
2 apk's are needed: htc_ime.apk for the keyboard and clicker.apk for the settings. install both.
keyboard downloads: htc_ime.apk (alt link)
settings downloads: clicker.apk (alt link)
instructions for those of you new to the game...
1. go into settings -> applications and check the "unknown sources" box.
2. visit this post from your phone's browser.
3. tap and download this file onto your phone: htc_ime.apk (alt link)
4. tap and download this file onto your phone: clicker.apk (alt link)
5. tap on each downloaded file once finished and install them.
6. go into settings -> language & keyboard and check the "touch it" box.
7. go into a text message, long press in the text box and choose "input method".
8. choose "touch input".
(via alldroid) Read more... ______________________________________________________________________
follow us on twitter and subscribe to droid life for instant updates and contests!
Posted by kellex at 2:53 PM 46 Comments
build custom roms
I have not tried yet
ps i did not make the video, have not tried it, so I will be unable to answer any questions
world clock widget from droidlife
droid life: a motorola droid blog
rld clock widget ported from motoroi
looking for a simple new clock widget and don't want to shell out the $1.99 for beautiful widgets? you can check out this world clock that seems to work flawlessly straight across on the motorola droid. the .apk for this clock was taken from the system.tar of the motoroi and needed zero editing. the features of it are pretty basic, but you can set up multiple time zones or cities on one widget, plus it looks lovely on my new black background.
download: WorldClockWidget.zip (alt link)
my phone wouldn't download that directly, so i mounted and transferred via usb, launched in astro and it worked perfectly.
update: - works on unrooted droids.
All the videos are made by others I just found them on youtube and pasted it to one thread so people do not have to do a lot of searching. Please give credit and love to the people who made the video.
Here is busybox as you requested:
If you like the video please give love to the people who made it by rating their videos on youtube. I emailed droidlife about making a video to install bugless beast, metamorph from droid mod, and other roms from droid mod. When they make those videos I will post it here, and as always give credit to the creators. Thanks.
installing a custom rom
Before you start make sure u back up your data and apps. Install a backup like titanium backup makes your life easier
Thanks droid life for making this vid, give them some love
follow this first
the main request i've received over the last week has been "can you show us how to install a custom rom?!?" and today i finally had a chance to put a video together. in this video we chose to use Blackdroid's new Ultimate Droid 5.0 over Bugless Beast, but as i've noted in the video, the installation instructions are the same for both so please after this video, do not ask me to do another video for Bugless.*warning time* - as always, you are performing these tasks at your own risk. we are not recommending that you do ANY of these, but simply providing information to you. there is a chance you could brick your phone or do other permanent damage so please do as much research as you can beforehand.before we get started - you need to make sure you've rooted your phone. the best way to do that is by using droidmod1.0 or through this video. you should also install the droidmod1.0 rom which this video will show you how to do. after you've completed those 2 steps, you need to download the file below and then it's on to the video or step-by-step instructions...
download: ultimate droid 5.0 (alt link) (alt link2)
step by step instructions
step-by-step instructions...Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions:
-Update & backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache partition
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM) "ultimatedroid5"
-Enjoy!*note 1* update 3/4 - to get back to stock - in theory you should be able to get back to droidmod1.0 by booting into recovery and choosing one of the nandroid backups that droidmod created during its install. once you get back to that recovery image, you should then be able to install droidmod1.0 again and revert back to stock. (any rom pros want to weigh in on that logic?)
*note 2* - for all the support in the world on this rom, visit Blackdroid's running thread here.
*note 3* - metamorph tutorial in the works still.
*note 4* - "will i receive the 2.1 ota official update if i do this?" answer is "no."