seen some questions here is a video of droidmod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pc747, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

world clock widget from droidlife

droid life: a motorola droid blog

rld clock widget ported from motoroi

#fullpost{display:none;} [​IMG][​IMG]

looking for a simple new clock widget and don't want to shell out the $1.99 for beautiful widgets? you can check out this world clock that seems to work flawlessly straight across on the motorola droid. the .apk for this clock was taken from the system.tar of the motoroi and needed zero editing. the features of it are pretty basic, but you can set up multiple time zones or cities on one widget, plus it looks lovely on my new black background.

download: WorldClockWidget.zip (alt link)

my phone wouldn't download that directly, so i mounted and transferred via usb, launched in astro and it worked perfectly.

update: - works on unrooted droids.
  2. pc747

All the videos are made by others I just found them on youtube and pasted it to one thread so people do not have to do a lot of searching. Please give credit and love to the people who made the video.

Here is busybox as you requested:

3. pc747

If you like the video please give love to the people who made it by rating their videos on youtube. I emailed droidlife about making a video to install bugless beast, metamorph from droid mod, and other roms from droid mod. When they make those videos I will post it here, and as always give credit to the creators. Thanks.
  4. pc747

installing a custom rom

Before you start make sure u back up your data and apps. Install a backup like titanium backup makes your life easier

Thanks droid life for making this vid, give them some love

follow this first
    the main request i've received over the last week has been "can you show us how to install a custom rom?!?" and today i finally had a chance to put a video together. in this video we chose to use Blackdroid's new Ultimate Droid 5.0 over Bugless Beast, but as i've noted in the video, the installation instructions are the same for both so please after this video, do not ask me to do another video for Bugless.
    *warning time* - as always, you are performing these tasks at your own risk. we are not recommending that you do ANY of these, but simply providing information to you. there is a chance you could brick your phone or do other permanent damage so please do as much research as you can beforehand.​
    before we get started - you need to make sure you've rooted your phone. the best way to do that is by using droidmod1.0 or through this video. you should also install the droidmod1.0 rom which this video will show you how to do. after you've completed those 2 steps, you need to download the file below and then it's on to the video or step-by-step instructions...

download: ultimate droid 5.0 (alt link) (alt link2)

step by step instructions
    step-by-step instructions...
    Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions:
    -Update & backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
    -Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
    -Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
    -Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Wipe cache partition
    -Backup/Restore
    -Advanced Nandroid Restore
    -Choose backup (select the ROM) "ultimatedroid5"
    -Perform Restore
    -Enjoy!​
    *note 1* update 3/4 - to get back to stock - in theory you should be able to get back to droidmod1.0 by booting into recovery and choosing one of the nandroid backups that droidmod created during its install. once you get back to that recovery image, you should then be able to install droidmod1.0 again and revert back to stock. (any rom pros want to weigh in on that logic?)

*note 2* - for all the support in the world on this rom, visit Blackdroid's running thread here.

*note 3* - metamorph tutorial in the works still.

*note 4* - "will i receive the 2.1 ota official update if i do this?" answer is "no."
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. pc747

new htc keyboard

droid life: a motorola droid blog

new htc ime keyboard for motorola droid

>> Saturday, March 6, 2010

#fullpost{display:none;} [​IMG]

just last friday we posted the htc ime keyboard that was ported over to the motorola droid which unfortunately only worked in portrait mode. it now appears as though that phase was short lived as a new version has popped up and completely supports landscape mode! yeah, it's pretty fantastic. nice timing right? the same day the official swype beta is released?

2 apk's are still needed: htc_ime.apk for the keyboard and clicker.apk for the settings/calibration. install both...

keyboard downloads: htc_ime.apk (alt link)
    settings downloads: clicker.apk (alt link)

instructions for those of you new to the game...

1. go into settings -> applications and check the "unknown sources" box.
    2. visit this post from your phone's browser.
    3. tap and download this file onto your phone: htc_ime.apk (alt link)
    4. tap and download this file onto your phone: clicker.apk (alt link)
    5. tap on each downloaded file once finished and install them.
    6. go into settings -> language & keyboard and check the "touch it" box.
    7. go into a text message, long press in the text box and choose "input method".
    8. choose "touch input".
    9. done.
  6. pc747

using meteamorph to install custom themes

give love to droidlife for this vid tutorial

After running through our series on rooting your Motorola Droid with DroidMod 1.0 (parts 1, 2, 3) and then taking you through the custom ROM installation process with Ultimate Droid 5.0, we continued to receive requests on how to use Metamorph. And well, we finally were able to do it! For those of you not familiar with Metamorph, it is essentially an application for rooted users which allows you to install custom themes on top of the Android OS. That really just means you can pick and choose to change your app drawer, notification bar, Facebook, etc. or go as far as changing everything. It’s a great tool for the creative developers in the business to show off their work.
    The following video will walk you through the basic steps on using Metamorph and by no means is a “know all” guide for the application. Installing a custom theme onto your phone can definitely be confusing and risky, but if done correctly, very rewarding.
    Before we get started there are a few things you need to do:

1. Make sure you are rooted, have SPRecovery installed and a Nandroid backup.
    2. Install Metamorph. (Download through the market.)
    3. Find a custom theme that you wish to install.
    4. Move custom theme into your SDCard.
    Here are a few themes to get you started:

again thanks to droidlife: Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
  7. pc747

unroot cyanogen mod

droidlife:

Video: Returning to Stock 2.0.1 From CyanogenMod

On 03.17.10, In Root (unlock), Videos, by Kellex

After looking at some stats from this site and reading a ton of user comments, it seems that many of you have gone the rooted route and installed the CyanogenMod which we covered last weekend. (Congrats! And I hope you are enjoying it!) With that said, I also realize that many of you are now wondering whether or not you should return to stock for the rollout of the official 2.1 OTA update which was basically announced through Verizon yesterday. While I gave you some basic written instructions on how to return to stock, I know that video tutorials are indeed a great format to help walk you through a process like this. So here we go!
    A couple of things to make your life easier once this is all said and done:
    1. Go into Astro File Manager and backup all of your apps. (Options>Tools>App Manager/Backup>Installed Apps>Backup)
    2. You might also want to backup settings, bookmarks, etc. with a program like Sprite Backup.
    *Note 1* – This process will wipe your phone basically back to a stock Droid, meaning you will have to add back all of your Gmail accounts.
    *Note 2* – Please remember that you will not lose your contacts. These will sync with your phone once you log back in with your Google account.
    *Note 3* – Please also remember that you will not lose your applications. They are attached to your Google account and can be redownloaded through the market.
    Uninstalling Cyanogen and returning to stock…
    Retrieving your phone settings:
    1. If you backed up your apps into Astro, you can retrieve them now. (Options>Tools>App Manager/Backup>Backed Up Apps>Install)
    2. You should also restore any backups from Sprite or other backup programs to return settings.
    And you are now ready to receive the OTA update!

8. pc747

Using Rom manager

Video: Upgrading a ROM and Using SetCPU

On 03.26.10, In Root (unlock), Tips, Videos, by Kellex

Just the other day, we showed you how easy it is to go from one custom ROM to another using ROM manager. And since then, ROM manager has added almost every major custom ROM out there to its list giving you the opportunity to jump back and forth between them with even more ease. You can also use it to upgrade to the newest version of your particular ROM of choice which is what our video today is based upon. Oh, and we’ve tossed in a little SetCPU session for those still a little confused by its power…
    *Warning* – As always, you are performing these tasks at your own risk. We are not recommending that you do ANY of these, but simply providing information to you. There is a chance you could brick your phone, do other permanent damage and this will more than likely void your warranty. Please do as much research as you can beforehand. We are not liable for any of your actions.
    *Note 1* – Just a reminder that this process can only be done if your phone is rooted.
    *Note 2* – In this video, after clicking “Download ROM,” my phone goes immediately into the installation process because I have already downloaded the ROM. For you, it may take up to 20 minutes for everything to download before you get to the installation process.
    *Update 1* – I finally purchased premium ROM Manager and all other ROMs are available with upgrade options. Well worth the $3.99 price.

Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

9. pc747

rsd lite

The thread that got me started.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.