Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
HDTVsportsfan closed and cleaned this thread because of the violations of these rules:

Droid Forums said:
10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

11. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.

As long as everyone will play nice and follow the rules we have set here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html ,I will keep this thread open.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android phones have really only around what like 3-4 years? Of course they are all going to have little bugs and problems. How long have computers been around? Are they all perfect now? No, people still have issues and bugs with them...however does the bionic as bad as something like the Droid 1 out of the box? No, of course not. Android phones are still a "work in progress" but they are most certainly improving and maybe another few years down the road they might be nearly perfect but I can guarantee some people will still have issues due to user error or just a defective phone. The main point is that no matter what bugs the bionic has its still positive progress. It is the first dual core lte phone afterall...

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

yrock777

Reaction score
I am a newbie to this forum, but not to android. I respectfully disagree with some of you that we should expect glitches with our new devices that we pay hundreds of dollars for! The amount of money that I pay Verizon and motorola, I EXPECT it to be darn near perfect! If it can't be, then dont release it!! I think that motorola really dropped the ball with the bionic. The bonic is probably a good phone, but they should not have "unveiled" the thing back in January promising a releasing time frame when they could not guarantee that particular time frame! That is bad buisness in my opinion. I waited and will continue to wait just on principle. Dont jerk us around....that's exactly what Moto did with the bionic!

Beka27

Reaction score
^^^Oh, you might not have heard. They DID unveil the Bionic back in January, but the original phone ended up getting cancelled. So they had to start from (relative) scratch on the second version of the Bionic. And then the phone was experiencing some other issues in development. That is what resulted in delays. Probably could have been out a bit sooner (maybe August), but not by much.

yrock777

Reaction score
Beka, you should re-read my first post. January...the bionic was unveiled, then it was delayed for problems, then it was canceled, then it was revamped, then there were more problems, etc etc etc. Just jerking us around.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I am a newbie to this forum, but not to android. I respectfully disagree with some of you that we should expect glitches with our new devices that we pay hundreds of dollars for! The amount of money that I pay Verizon and motorola, I EXPECT it to be darn near perfect! If it can't be, then dont release it!! I think that motorola really dropped the ball with the bionic. The bonic is probably a good phone, but they should not have "unveiled" the thing back in January promising a releasing time frame when they could not guarantee that particular time frame! That is bad buisness in my opinion. I waited and will continue to wait just on principle. Dont jerk us around....that's exactly what Moto did with the bionic!

Here is my humble opinion... I'm tired of people complaining about what they think they should have gotten in a device that never saw the retail market just because a company decided to," not throw out the baby with the bath water" by keeping a really Kewl name for a phone! This thread would not exist nor would the prevailing attitudes were motorola just have said," do to concerns with the proposed forthcoming Bionic Android smart phone, we have decided to remove it from this years line up... " then, in the next week, break the news of its replacement... " Motorola is proud to announce the "Droid Terminator" here from the future to right the wrongs and avert certain doom" (whatever, insert corporate teaser)... Good bye reasons for complaints about a phone, that on its own merits, rises above the current competition! And as for waiting for the ICS tablet phones? The bionic will likely be the first to get the OS update making it a 4.3" Xoom with capacitive buttons? Hmmm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
What makes things worse for the bionic owners is, they can't overclock to hold them over till the NE2.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Not yet but I bet soon. This phone has been out like 9 days and already we have root, FXZ(SBF) and bootstrap recovery. Things are moving quick for this phone so while it might not have lived up to the hype for some, it more than lived up to the hype and then some for ones that saw past the PenTile screen(which is the biggest reason people don't like it). As shadez said electronic devices have bugs and defects, nothing is or ever will be perfect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
What I don't get is, sure, they announced the Bionic way back then, but, maybe they said, hey we can make it better than what it was at that current state. They knew phones with advanced technology would be released near this time. So maybe they decided to wait, see what improvements could be made, and take their time with it. If it WAS released when scheduled and turned out to be less then what it is now, people would be complaining even more and be saying, they should have waited. I'd rather them postpone a launch date and make the phone better then have them release something they weren't completely comfortable releasing just to meet a deadline date..

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
What I don't get is, sure, they announced the Bionic way back then, but, maybe they said, hey we can make it better than what it was at that current state. They knew phones with advanced technology would be released near this time. So maybe they decided to wait, see what improvements could be made, and take their time with it. If it WAS released when scheduled and turned out to be less then what it is now, people would be complaining even more and be saying, they should have waited. I'd rather them postpone a launch date and make the phone better then have them release something they weren't completely comfortable releasing just to meet a deadline date..

I agree with this. I think moto rushed out the DROID2 and that's why that phone seemed to be pretty buggy. People should be happy that moto took their time releasing a good device rather than rushing out something half-assed.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the Bionic is an excellent phone. Yes, some phones with more power are coming out pretty soon, but even the better display won't resonate with nearly as many buyers as you see on these boards.

It's not that people don't care or are ignorant of specs, it's that often the differences aren't material to them (just like a 3ghz computer doesn't matter to me if 2ghs is more than sufficient for my needs).